PDA

View Full Version : Blank SD Card

AndroidTrainee
05-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I was restoring VXR and everything was ok then like 2 minutes ago in the notification bar said SD Card unmounted and now it says Blank SD Card or unsopported filesystem!!! Am now in .604 milestone ( i sbf to see if it was vortex) I Tried with 3 differents SD cards and still getting the same issue...
I can use my phone as normal but i cannot do anything related to SD Card :cry: HELP PLEASE

AndroidTrainee
05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Also I formatted it and same error

Enviado desde mi Milestone X usando Droid X Forums

AndroidTrainee
05-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Anyone?

AndroidTrainee
05-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Nobody is gonna help me? rescue squad?

BHuber09
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I would do a sbf. If you formatted it and it didn't work there's not much more that you can besides a sbf

FreeMyMoto!!!

AndroidTrainee
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I sbf to .604 milestone and still getting that error, also i am .621 rooted so i dont have a lot of sbf options :^[

BHuber09
05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Well my next option would be to try any other card and then format one and try it. If that doesn't work I'm not sure. Formatting has fixed all of my problems with a SD card.

FreeMyMoto!!!

AndroidTrainee
05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Il try formatting in Fat and in others formats.. also i read something about partioning the Sd card. Do you know something about it?

pokeatthedevil
05-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Your SD card is dead and you have to buy a new one. I just found the solution(for my exact same problem) today, but I don't have the link.

AndroidTrainee
05-25-2012, 10:12 PM
But I tried with diferents cards

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

pokeatthedevil
05-25-2012, 10:16 PM
My bad, I missed that part.

Goose306
05-26-2012, 07:56 AM
SDCard needs to be formatted in FAT32. Don't fool around with other formats, that's the native format type.

If you format it to FAT32 and are getting the same message, I would format your additional cards to FAT32 and ensure its not an issue with the single card.

If that fails I would check your connections. Take the SDCard and gently wipe the connections with a Q-Tip, make sure they are clean with no large scuff marks or dirt/dust on them.

On the phone do the same thing on the internal connections. Inspect for any dirt that could be stuck in there as there are some ridges internally. Also take a can of compressed air and blow on it where the connection is as part of it is under the plastic edging where you can't clean with a Q-Tip.

AndroidTrainee
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Dude now the phone doesnt detect the card i mean now its like if it have no sd card :cry:

AndroidTrainee
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Dudes is therese any way to fix the card reader? Maybe unmounting the phone?

AndroidTrainee
05-29-2012, 04:52 PM
What if i unmount the phone and clean the motherboard? (And the sd card reader)

AndroidTrainee
05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone knows about this?

Goose306
05-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Did you try everything I listed? If so then its probably a bad SD reader. You can try taking it apart further but I already listed to clean the contacts in the phone. If you take the back cover/shroud off you should be able to reach the internal contacts to clean gently as well, if you have the same issue then, then its likely a hardware issue further down. I have never taken my phone apart however to start prying with the hardware so you will probably want to find someone a bit more well versed in that if you want to look further. There is plenty of guides online though explaining deconstruction/reconstruction of it.

AndroidTrainee
05-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Did you try everything I listed? If so then its probably a bad SD reader. You can try taking it apart further but I already listed to clean the contacts in the phone. If you take the back cover/shroud off you should be able to reach the internal contacts to clean gently as well, if you have the same issue then, then its likely a hardware issue further down. I have never taken my phone apart however to start prying with the hardware so you will probably want to find someone a bit more well versed in that if you want to look further. There is plenty of guides online though explaining deconstruction/reconstruction of it.

Yea i tried all and nothing worked... Are there guides for this case or what?

s10stealth
06-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Both the wife and I have had the "unmounted SD" bug. Each time (yes, "each" time) we ended up buying new MicroSDs and starting over. We now back up everything on a regular basis.

I have yet to find a definite reason it happens.

A couple of guesses...
1) If you plug in your micro USB into your phone to charge or transfer data while the USB side is plugged into a source.
a. My theory is that the 5vdc hits the other contacts and throws a voltage into the chip.
2) Ruggedness. Maybe the phone was dropped one too many times and the shock caused a hairline crack inside.
3) Quality. Maybe someone didn't take the proper ESD precautions.

AndroidTrainee
06-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Yea.. thats not my problem, my DX doesnt detect the card :S

DroidXFanatic
06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Both the wife and I have had the "unmounted SD" bug. Each time (yes, "each" time) we ended up buying new MicroSDs and starting over. We now back up everything on a regular basis.

I have yet to find a definite reason it happens.

A couple of guesses...
1) If you plug in your micro USB into your phone to charge or transfer data while the USB side is plugged into a source.
a. My theory is that the 5vdc hits the other contacts and throws a voltage into the chip.
2) Ruggedness. Maybe the phone was dropped one too many times and the shock caused a hairline crack inside.
3) Quality. Maybe someone didn't take the proper ESD precautions.

I had similar problems recently as well with the unmounted sd card notification coming up while loading my gallery and after taking a picture. It also affected flashing roms I was getting the bad message while trying to select the rom in d2 bootstrap. I finally traced it all back to using my usb cable to transfer files between my x and pc. I now unmount my sd card, shut my phone off, remove my sd card and put it into my sandisk micro sd card adapter then put it into my sd card reader on my pc to transfer files back and forth. Kind of a hassle but that seemed to fix my problems with flashing roms and pictures getting corrupted. I also formatted my sd card on my computer when I started having those problems. Hope this helps anyone having similar issues.

Sent from my DROIDX