PDA

View Full Version : Changing From Rooted Droid 2 to X, Looking For Quick ROM Recommendation

swfldroid
05-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi guys. I learned about root and custom ROMs on my Droid 2 which is now going on the fritz. I am going to buy a used Droid X just to keep things simple and not have to renew my Verizon contract and lose my unlimited data.

I spent hours upon hours researching and trying different ROMs on the droid 2, SBFing a dozen times and finally ended up sticking with Liberty 3 on that device after running Liberty, ApeX and several versions of Cyangoenmod.

I don't want to go through all that research again so I am looking for a recommendation on the best ROM for me. I have no idea how far along development is with Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs or if I should go with an earlier version.
Important factors for me are reliability (everything works correctly), battery life and performance, in that order. I don't care too much about customization. Should I just root and not ROM or is there a ROM for the X that will work better for me?

Thanks in advance for saving me from having to read through a million pages!

BHuber09
05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Battery life and an stability is VorteX or Liberty 3v2
Speed and customization is AOKP

My personal opinion others might say differentlyn

FreeMyMoto!!!

jeems
05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
If you liked liberty that certainly is a solid option. Slightly different but very stable fast as well would be VorteX reloaded.

AOKP is my favorite ICS rom.

I always come back to wizards miui, though. I just like it better. Fast, stable, customizable.

Aptiva
05-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I personally run Liberty v3 2.0 on my DX and it's been faithful. I run Gummy or CM9 if I want ICS

Sent from my 1.3GHz Liberty v3 Droid X

swfldroid
05-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Well, my rooting and ROMing on the X will have to wait a bit longer. I drove down to get the used phone that was, "adult used only 6 months, mint condition, $120" and found a beat up phone with dead battery and missing SD card. I went ahead and passed on that one.

Anybody got a good used Droid X for sale?

Aptiva
05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
80 to 100 on Ebay or you can check Craigslist

Sent from my 1.3GHz CM9 Droid X

mhans311
05-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah I was trying to sell my X on craigslist about a month ago and the best offer I got was $80. I would have sold it but decided not to upgrade. I think 120 is a little expensive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk