PDA

View Full Version : Audio mod

aypeeootrek
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
What's up all. I'm looking for either an app or mod to boost the speaker volume on my x. Right now it's so low that you literally need the phone right next to your ear to hear anything. I'm on wiz's latest miui so whatever is compatible with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
DSP Manager found with most roms now can provide a decent boost.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Also equalizer from the market, if you go into the actual equalizer part you can raise every bar to the top and thatll boost it.

aypeeootrek
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Very cool, will check it out. Thanks fez

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

aypeeootrek
05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
so miui doesnt have dsp but i do recall having roms with it. i just d/led equalizer so thanx bh. but quick question. i have dsp on my rooted tabled, is there a way to send the apk from there to my phone?

milski65
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
so miui doesnt have dsp but i do recall having roms with it. i just d/led equalizer so thanx bh. but quick question. i have dsp on my rooted tabled, is there a way to send the apk from there to my phone?

Did you use the built in equalizer on the stock player? In all honesty, at least for me, it's the only stock player that is that good that it doesn't need anything else. If you google volume+ you can download the 1.8 or 1.9 apk and try that. But I'd first try to customize the miui player. I run powerAMP full on all other roms.

chuck54
05-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Try using adb, once setup, you can pull the apk from the /system and it will copy it.

Or try using root toolbox's root browser. Go to /system/app and dsp manager should be there (if its a system app)

also, be carefull with installing system apps that don't come stock with the rom. Make a abckup...

aypeeootrek
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
@mil. i want it for podcast mostly and maybe pandora. i dont have many songs on my phone to keep space for roms and stuff. i will look into the volume plus too and see about customizing the miui player

@chuck. thanx for the info. do you know if dsp is compatible with miui though? im going to try the equalizer first but just for backup.

milski65
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM
@mil. i want it for podcast mostly and maybe pandora. i dont have many songs on my phone to keep space for roms and stuff. i will look into the volume plus too and see about customizing the miui player

@chuck. thanx for the info. do you know if dsp is compatible with miui though? im going to try the equalizer first but just for backup.

Understand. Make sure you use the + versus spelling it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk