PDA

View Full Version : Switching from DROID X

WatchTheSky86
05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok, so long story short, I can't afford to keep paying my bill through Verizon. I've the opportunity to get added on a family plan through AT&T, but im having a really hard time finding a phone that even compares to my dx. Im in love with this phone, and that is making it really hard to choose. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

aypeeootrek
05-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Is the galaxy s2 on at&t? From what I read, that's an awesome phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

WatchTheSky86
05-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Yessir. Its a beautiful phone, but it lacks an hdmi output unfortunately. :/ if I didn't use mine so much it wouldn't even be a concern of mine. It is looking like one of the best options though. Thanks

aypeeootrek
05-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you use hdmi out for? Netflix and stuff like that? I never used mine once

WatchTheSky86
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
I have an app called real hdmi. It basically let's the phone display everything on the tv instead of your phone screen. More often than not, im usually using it to play games on my snes and n64 emulators. I'll connect a wii remote via bluetooth and go to town. Pretty cool actually. I wont be able to pull that off with any other phone I know of since the hdmi app is strictly for the DROID x. :/

aypeeootrek
05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
That does seem really cool tbh. I just rarely use my phone for gaming even though I have like 30 games. I bought nova2 and shadow run when they were 50cents and played them for like a minute. I even have the emulators too but haven't used them in over a year. Very cool though

WatchTheSky86
05-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Went with the vivid. Couldn't give up the big screen. :)

jaguarxt
05-19-2012, 01:40 AM
First a note: There are apps that you can connect your Android device through wireless to your computer to enjoy your videos, audio, photos, and work with your files from your Android to your computer. Wireless is replacing the USB and HDMI connections.

For AT&T:

First choice would be "Samsung Galaxy Note".
Larger screen and larger capacity battery (5.3 inches, 2500 mAh) than the Galaxy S II (4.3 inches, 1650 mAh) and Galaxy S II Skyrocket (4.5 inches, 1850 mAh). Faster processor, Dual-Core 1.5GHz, than Galaxy S II, Dual-Core 1.2GHz. More features than the other two. Some Galaxy Note users already got OTA to ICS.

Second choice would be "Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket".
For the same AT&T no commitment price as Galaxy S II you get larger screen, larger capacity battery and faster processor (4.5 inches, 1850 mAh, Dual-Core 1.5GHz) than Galaxy S II (4.3 inches, 1650 mAh, Dual-Core 1.2GHz). Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is $150.00 AT&T no commitment price less than Samsung Galaxy Note's AT&T no commitment price.

Personally I find Samsung Galaxy Note worth $150.00 more on the AT&T no commitment price. The screen size, battery capacity, speed, currently being OTA to ICS, mass of features, etc. makes this device on AT&T a well worth using for the next two years.
But you might find the compromise of Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket well worth it to you.