PDA

View Full Version : DX stuck at "M" screen after flashing CM9

aspect
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
it seems like i am taking two steps forward and one step back. i ended up SBFing because I would get a black screen after the "M" logo. after SBFing, i got to CWM recovery from droid 2 recovery reboot, i installed CM9 and it's gApps but now I am stuck at the grey "M" screen. I can get into the bootloader and android system recovery.

i have already tried a factory reset. no luck.

if you want to read a the back story, follow this link to this thread:http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/46176-help-cant-boot-into-clockworkmod-recovery.html

Wigsplittinhatchet
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
If ur getting a grey logo u sbf'd to froyo and u need to be on gingerbread to use cm9. Sbf to 602 or 605 and start over

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

aspect
05-18-2012, 06:57 AM
yes, that was the problem. i am running CM9 now without any problems! score. and the reason i tried to flash cm9 on .340 is because i was reading a guide that said if you flashed CM on .602 it wouldn't work. well, must have been the wrong guide. ;) thanks.

jeems
05-18-2012, 07:32 AM
yes, that was the problem. i am running CM9 now without any problems! score. and the reason i tried to flash cm9 on .340 is because i was reading a guide that said if you flashed CM on .602 it wouldn't work. well, must have been the wrong guide. ;) thanks.

Yeah, gotta be careful with the threads you read. A lot are getting dated. All the newest ROMs flash on GB now.