PDA

View Full Version : Contacts Display Issue...

Byron
05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

Another noob’ here that needs some help.

My Droid X is flashed from .621 to Milestone X .604 2.3.5 and rooted...I’m using GO Launcher EX all seems to be working fine except the contacts app.

My contacts, behaves really odd. They are still there if someone calls their name and number show up. If I go to my address book and select a name (which are all still there in a list, just can't edit, add or do anything from the settings menu----or see the individual contact info when I select one), the screen blinks back to my home screen.
When I’m using the dialer, and inputting the number it also brings up a possible list with phone #’s just as it always did, however in the settings menu for contacts, nothing works…just a screen blink and back to the home screen she goes..

Gmail updates ok and all the data appears to be on the phone somewhere, but apparently not in the right place to see the individual contact information or change any of it.

I know due to my inexperience I’ve done something unintended, but sure don’t know what or how to fix.

Thanks for your guidance.

Byron
05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Gee guys, no suggestions?

csk415
05-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Uninstall go launcher and see if it works fine with stock launcher. Might be go launcher messing you up.

gummydx running latest nightly

scuzzo
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
You've frozen or removed backup assistant. You have to remove YahooContacts and BlurContactSync, see this post http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/24130-remove-bloat-2-3-3-4-5-588-a-2.html reply #12. In order to get rid of blurcontactsync you will need to navigate to /system/app and change BlurContactsSync.apk to BlurConstactsSync.bak or delete it or something so that it isn't used anymore. I lost mine in the same way. Some people say you will need to flash to be able to get into contacts again but after this I got in no problem. Good luck.

Byron
06-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Scuzzo,

Thank you so very much...just changed the blurcontactssync extension to .bak and its now working as it should. You're my lifesaver.

Best regards.
Byron

scuzzo
06-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Glad it worked out for you and thanks for replying to let everyone know it works. The next person surfing the forums for this problem will have an easier time figuring it out.