PDA

View Full Version : Have been AFK for months, looking for new ROM. Help?

repo_man
05-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone! A few months ago I was installing a few different ROMS (Rubix, then various Libertys) and came to settle on Liberty GB. I've been running Liberty GB v0.9 for months now; however, I'm ready to try something new as this rom has started giving me random errors and I'm just overall ready for something different. What I'm looking for is stability, battery life, and functionality (email, MMS, calendar for my job). What are some good stable ROMs out now?

And one last question, while I'm getting ready to swap rom's/etc, should I go ahead and sbf to froyo and take the vrz OTA update to GB to look good on vrz's end? :P I never did (I went Liberty GB). Thanks everyone.

saul1991
05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
You can try miui... since your on gb already you can just wipe cache and data and dalvik cache in cwm recovery and flash miui

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidXFanatic
05-12-2012, 07:18 PM
If you want something stable with amazing battery life and everything works, I mean absolutely everything then I would go with VorteX RC1. There's even great themes for it and a toolbox to change battery icons, unthrottle, and much more. This is the Rom I use most of the time. Also like Saul said, since your already on GB there's no need to SBF to Froyo, you can SBF to .602 or .605 which is GB if you want, every time I flash a new Rom I start from a fresh SBF but its not a must. Just don't do the .621 SBF as its a lil harder to root and Rom with.

Sent from my DROIDX

csk415
05-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Like they said. Vortex is a great rom. Debloated with the right amount of blur left in. Ran it for a long time. Can't speak for Miui since I haven't tried it yet. The ICS roms are sweet but battery life isn't great and has a few things broken. If I were you I would give vortex reloaded a run.

gummydx running latest nightly

repo_man
05-13-2012, 12:29 PM
You can try miui... since your on gb already you can just wipe cache and data and dalvik cache in cwm recovery and flash miui

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
Thanks for the reply! What is miui? ASOP or Blur?

If you want something stable with amazing battery life and everything works, I mean absolutely everything then I would go with VorteX RC1. There's even great themes for it and a toolbox to change battery icons, unthrottle, and much more. This is the Rom I use most of the time. Also like Saul said, since your already on GB there's no need to SBF to Froyo, you can SBF to .602 or .605 which is GB if you want, every time I flash a new Rom I start from a fresh SBF but its not a must. Just don't do the .621 SBF as its a lil harder to root and Rom with.

Sent from my DROIDX
I just wanted to reflect on my VRZ account that I got the update to GB since I never got the "official" one from them. If I SBF to .602 or .605 will that show the same thing on their end? I remember something a year ago saying that VRZ might think/suspect you were rooted ifyou never took their OTA updates which is why I wanted to go back to froyo. But if I can just SBF a GB file, I'll do that then, lol. Thanks for the info on the GB versions. I'm so out of the loop, lol. Vortex sounds like it might be for me!

Like they said. Vortex is a great rom. Debloated with the right amount of blur left in. Ran it for a long time. Can't speak for Miui since I haven't tried it yet. The ICS roms are sweet but battery life isn't great and has a few things broken. If I were you I would give vortex reloaded a run.

gummydx running latest nightly
@ICS having broken things: Yea, I don't have time to tweak this thing anymore at this point in my life, lol. I just want something stable (but not stock, bleh, lol). Looks like Vortex might be on my list then!

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Rommin
05-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm a long time Vortex user and like it a lot. If you are going with that, use the Reloaded version here [ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR) Now working with .621! - Droid X Development - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23376-rom-vortex-reloaded-vxr-now-working-with-621/) as it has some fixes that the original doesn't have .. give that thread a read and you should be just fine. That being said, I got a hankerin' to try something new and so have loaded up MIUI DefX http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/miui/46049-miui-defx-wizard0f0s.html and so far I like that as well. For zero tweak phone use, hit Vortex Reloaded!