PDA

View Full Version : No camera after updating radio to 15p

Aptiva
05-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I sbf'd to 340 via the 1kds iso method and used the radio updater zip from Goose then iso sbf'd back to 605 and noticed later in the afternoon that I no longer had camera functionality. I tried using the RSD Lite method to go back to the 340 and then back to 602 and still had no camera.

Currently running stock unrooted 340 to test the camera, but it is still not working. After I sbf'd each time, I wiped data, cache, and dalvik.

Any ideas?

DirtyDroid
05-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Long shot, but did you wipe camera under settings>apps>manage>all>camera? I don't think the radio zip has anything to do with the camera, but I could be wrong .

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Aptiva
05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
There was no cache to be cleared. 16kb of data but no cache at all.

Oddly enough after the flash using Goose's 15p updater zip, my radio will not be overwritten even by the Windows RSD Lite SBF method. I assumed it was an issue with my rom at first and tried to sbf all the way back to the 340 knowing it would completely overwrite everything, but it did not touch the radio or camera. I know for fact I did NOT take the 621 update if that comes into question.

Going to try to format the phone's memory in CWM then SBF and start from the beginning.

clothednblack
05-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I did it the same way (1kds to froyo,root,flash 15p,1kds to GB,root,back to nandroid) 15p is all good and camera works perfectly, so the flash of radio didn't Bork anything.

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

Goose306
05-12-2012, 01:55 PM
If RSD Lite is not overwriting your radio, your SBF is not taking. There is something wrong either with your drivers, cable, something. Regardless, if you are using the full SBF file it will *always* overwrite the radio. Nothing that I did in that flashable would have changed that. Likely if its not overwriting radio its probably also not overwriting some other stuff too, which is causing your camera issues. Since you said you tried the iso that generally resolves driver issues, but are you using the OEM cable and is it plugged into a USB slot directly to the motherboard (no hub)? Those are the most common causes of SBF issues. Even if its a good aftermarket cable, I have a really nice 9 foot mediabridge one I use for charging, way longer and nicer than the OEM cord, but it doesn't like to SBF with it. Just something about it.

Aptiva
05-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I bought the phone off a coworker who in turn bought it from a relative. I have SBFd without problems before using the same cable and I know that it always overwrote the radio as I had to do the service programming over every time I had to SBF. The radio worked great after I flashed the 15p, but I did something else wonky.

I know I had to do the service programming every time because I'm on Cricket with my X so I always saw the blue triangle after the first boot.

I'm not blaming anyone or any software and I knew the risks when I started rooting/flashing/etc. I'm just trying to figure out what could have possibly caused this.

Goose306
05-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound defensive. I was just stating that there is nothing in that .zip that could have caused it, to rule it out. Did you check and make sure the kernel and everything now shows as the GB kernel?

When you go to open the camera, what happens? FC? Not open at all? Have you tried a secondary app or anything like that?

Oh and which zip did you use. Just the radio only updater in the OP or was it one of the later test builds? (Like the .605 AIO w/ 15p AIO)?

Aptiva
05-12-2012, 02:23 PM
It was the radio only in the OP. When the camera opens, it's just black. Nothing more.

I searched the web for it last night to see if there was a fix and some were saying power shutter but the shutter is open, when I take a picture, it acts as if it takes one but there are no folders on the SD, and there's not one error message at all.

Goose306
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Try flashing the .605 AIO in CWM. Flash like a normal ROM. Its going to error out on the baseband being as your on GB already, but everything else should install and basically give it a pre-rooted system, and its just a modded version of the TBH version, so its well-known to work. (Only mods I did freezing updater and putting in 15p radio)

You want to look here:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/45095-15p-flashable-radio-17.html#post560554

And choose the second one to download, it says:

.605 AIO - 15p radio and updater blocked

Download: 605-tbh-goose-15p.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bc440un7kyca53t)

MD5: B24EEB138A4A05980FA1705A1340F2AF

csk415
05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Try flashing the .605 AIO in CWM. Flash like a normal ROM. Its going to error out on the baseband being as your on GB already, but everything else should install and basically give it a pre-rooted system, and its just a modded version of the TBH version, so its well-known to work. (Only mods I did freezing updater and putting in 15p radio)

You want to look here:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/45095-15p-flashable-radio-17.html#post560554

And choose the second one to download, it says:

I'm a little confused. Do you mean I can flash this from gummy and get the 15p radio without having to sbf to 340?

gummydx running latest nightly

Goose306
05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm a little confused. Do you mean I can flash this from gummy and get the 15p radio without having to sbf to 340?

gummydx running latest nightly

Currently no. The .15p .605 AIO I linked there is basically a way to get from Froyo to pre-rooted stock .605 with the radio, so you don't need to do the second SBF after the Froyo SBF (back up to GB) - it just goes from Froyo to GB with the radio.

I'm still trying/attempting to get it where I can make a flashable that will not require a Froyo SBF, but reverting the kernels/etc is a bit trickier while keeping recovery. It *may* be possible. I'm trying to basically use Wiz's bootmenu to make it work if I can get it to work on Froyo. What that would do is flash the froyo kernel/etc (the non-system portions of the SBF) to the phone, then when you reboot it would put you back in recovery, where you would then flash a gb kernel/etc with radio (again, the non-system portions). If I could get it working it'd be pretty slick and allow one to change between Froyo/GB with CWM flashes rather than SBFs, and would also allow the loading of other radios in less than 5 minutes. But its not working just yet, and is dependent on whether the hijack is different for Froyo and GB. I don't think it is, but its not working yet so we'll see.

csk415
05-12-2012, 05:38 PM
^^^Gotcha. Good luck with that. Good thing there are people like you to figure it out.

gummydx on latest build or nightly

Aptiva
05-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Goose, you are correct when you say the SBF isn't working. Used the RSD Lite method to SBF and I got an error message in RSD:

Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Passthrough Mode. [0x7DBE]: Phone Disconnected

I have used this cable numerous times to SBF in the past. Will try both cables I have used and see if I keep getting the error. I don't suppose you have a flashable version of the 13p radio or a link to one perhaps?

Edit:
Seems the phone is locking up during the SBF process.

Booting into my Ubuntu install (not using VMWare) and trying the SBF using the Linux method.

Edit 2:
Flashed the AIO and it went smooth. I SBFd to froyo just to make it easy, flashed the AIO and good to go no camera. Just gonna chalk it up to hardware failure.

Edit 3:
So my wifi stopped working as well.... Is there a partition or area of the phone that houses drivers and info for the hw?

Edit 4:
Wifi is working again so far. Haven't done anything real with it like surfing or trying to download... Above question still remains :)

Aptiva
11-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Sorry to kick an old thread, but I am still having this issue and I did replace my camera module with a brand new one today while on the road for Thanksgiving. I am positive I replaced the camera correctly as well.

Camera still shows black on Liberty with the .621 patch (I finally went .621).

Edit:
Camera shows a black screen no matter what rom I'm on even after replacing the camera module. I remember I did something with /pds once before but idk if that would do anything to break the camera.