PDA

View Full Version : Will system update lose root?

stevenh21
05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Verizon is pushing a system update...1.3.418 from current1.3.380. Will I lose root? Probably easy question. I haven't been on site in awhile. Phone is working great. Thanks

sd_shadow
05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45868
root 2.3.5 appears to go, but no

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
there is a free app in the market called voodoo OTA rootkeeper. It *should* protect your root thru a system update. Open and run it, back up and protect root, then take your OTA. Reopen voodoo and restore root

R2Dx2
05-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I didn't have that and I just lost mine

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Harlesaki
05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
there is a free app in the market called voodoo OTA rootkeeper. It *should* protect your root thru a system update. Open and run it, back up and protect root, then take your OTA. Reopen voodoo and restore root

This worked!I have been hitting the "update later" button all day until I could check the forums.My friend wasn't so lucky.She is a bit more trusting of "Big Red" than I am,though.After reading through these forums for some time now,I knew there would be an answer out there if I could be patient long enough.My patience paid off. Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper worked like a charm.My friend...she will learn to be a bit more patient and a lot less trusting of "Big Red" in the future.I always knew you guys would save my bacon,now it has been.Thanks again,You guys rock!

HarleyDude
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
This worked!I have been hitting the "update later" button all day until I could check the forums.My friend wasn't so lucky.She is a bit more trusting of "Big Red" than I am,though.After reading through these forums for some time now,I knew there would be an answer out there if I could be patient long enough.My patience paid off. Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper worked like a charm.My friend...she will learn to be a bit more patient and a lot less trusting of "Big Red" in the future.I always knew you guys would save my bacon,now it has been.Thanks again,You guys rock!

Thanks for confirming it works.
I don't know how long you searched for the answer, but good job. To all ther lurkers out there, if you can't find your answer in a reasonable amount of time, post a new thread and ask. That's what the forum is for, we live for new questions, so don't hesitate to ask if you can't find your answer

sd_shadow
05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
you friend can SBF back to 2.3.4, and may not lose data, root , voodoo, and update