PDA

View Full Version : Droid X still stuck at Bootloader after flashing SBF

Cheddarmonger
05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
This phone was a perfectly functional Droid X, with the latest standard OS version available from Verizon.

It got wet.

We let it dry overnight, and tried starting it back up, and it went right to the Bootloader screen:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

At first, I tried a factory reset, but that didn't work. It completed with no errors, but came back to the bootloader screen.

I tried flashing it with RSD Lite, and it completes, but fails when trying to reboot the phone.

I tried flashing it with sbf_flash, and even tried using the 1KDStaz_DX_4.5.605.iso scripted version, and it appears to take the image without any errors, but when I try to restore it to factory defaults, it appears to complete with no errors, but when I restart the phone, it just comes back to the bootloader screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-- David

saul1991
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Are you on .621 or .605?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Cheddarmonger
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, I don't really know what version it was before it crashed. It could have been the .621; are there special instructions to try to repair to that version? Or -- would there be any harm in applying .621 if the phone was on .605?

saul1991
05-10-2012, 04:31 PM
If your on. 621 then your going to have to sbf with the. 621 file instead of the. 605 and. 621 is not rootable. Have u taking an update lately with ur dx

Cheddarmonger
05-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I took the update from Verizon. I'm not worried about rooting the phone, I just want it to work at this point. Thanks!

Cheddarmonger
05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I grabbed the .621 sbf and flashed it, still the same results, it only gets to the bootloader screen. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-- David

saul1991
05-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Did you take out the battery and put it back in and held the powerbutton and home button until the little anDroid shows up? After that hold the volume up and volume down and then just wipe cache and data and reboot

ray2thaj
05-15-2012, 01:56 PM
i have a rooted milestone x...its on gingerbread firmware and super one click root...i downloaded an app and change some setting for screen density and it was set to no value and i changed it to 480 think of pixels and when i hit save and reboot it never booted..i can access the recovery menu but dont know if factory reset will help because it sait i write changes to the disk....any help or feedback will be greatly appreciated...it also has stockrom. can i access the disk some other way so i can change it back or wut to do??thankyou in advance myasdaddy2276@gmail.com or laralogan420@gmail.com anytime

mrredpants
05-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Did you take out the battery and put it back in and held the powerbutton and home button until the little anDroid shows up? After that hold the volume up and volume down and then just wipe cache and data and reboot

There are many posts with the same issue - here is mine
Stuck at Red M after sbf'ing - Droid X - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25598-stuck-at-red-m-after-sbfing/

I) did not find a solution. The phone I was trying to repair did not get wet however. If you can get to recovery above, you should be good to go.

saul1991
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
There are many posts with the same issue - here is mine
Stuck at Red M after sbf'ing - Droid X - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25598-stuck-at-red-m-after-sbfing/

I) did not find a solution. The phone I was trying to repair did not get wet however. If you can get to recovery above, you should be good to go.

After you sbf your suppose to take out battery hold the home button + top button until the little android Guy comes up the push volume up and volume down to get into recovery then wipe cache and data and reboot. And it should work unless you were on .621 and tried to flash .605

Cheddarmonger
05-15-2012, 11:16 PM
sorry for the slow response. I did remove the battery, wiped the cache, did factory reset, and rebooted, and still no luck.

Cheddarmonger
05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
After you sbf your suppose to take out battery hold the home button + top button until the little android Guy comes up the push volume up and volume down to get into recovery then wipe cache and data and reboot. And it should work unless you were on .621 and tried to flash .605

and... what if I was on .621 and tried to flash .605?

saul1991
05-17-2012, 08:25 PM
and... what if I was on .621 and tried to flash .605?

You can't you have to sbf with the .621 version you can't downgrade