PDA

View Full Version : Apps won't read SDcard files, but a file manager will

Seinto
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
My phone was working normally until all of the sudden it stopped recognizing files. For example when I open winamp or the stock music app it says: "SDcard error, scanning SDcard" and it gets stuck there. When I open the gallery it says "there are no pictures to display". I can take new pictures and put new files using a USB cable, but I cannot view them on the phone unless I use a file manager such as Rom Tool Box.

I swapped SDcards to one that I know works and same thing happens.

On a post, a guy with the same problem fixed it by master resetting the phone, but I cannot do that because my phone is provisioned by a tech to work in another CDMA carrier (he charges for that). Any ideas?

Droid X froyo 2.2 (didnt update because I would probably lose both the provisioning and the root)

Thank you in advance for your reply

Enyo
05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
You should SBF to stock Froyo. Then Take The Update(s) to gingerbread all the way to .602. Then stay there. Root with Zurgrush and you'll most likely, be fine. It looks to me as a software issue.

Brad92
05-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I would sbf to .605 using the Linux sbf CD by 1KDS. It doesn't overwrite your radio and there won't be a chance of it going to .621 like it could with an OTA.

MIUI

Seinto
05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Thank you both for the reply. I suppose that the programming that the tech did was inputted to the radio, not to the rom or to the OS; therefore, I will be able to *228 the phone normally after I factory reset the phone as the instructions on flashing to gingerbread say. Do you guys believe I should go ahead and take the risk? I don't want to end up with a nice gingerbread Droid X, but without being able to make calls or connect to the internet.