PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Sees SD Card, Won't Let Apps Have Access

Bodhi1
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I've looked through and searched the forum for any related problems, but I've not found any. Please excuse this post if it's been covered before.

About two weeks ago, I started having problems with my Droid X not letting the apps on it, such as Instagram and SwiftKey X, have access to the sd card. When I would pull up Storage, it would show the sd card was mounted and had room, yet apps could neither save or retrieve data.

I thought I had a bad sd card and bought a new one. After I put the new card in, I saw no difference. FWIW, it was a 16gb PNY.

I figured it was time for me to root the phone anyway and some logic in my brain said that would fix the problem, so I set off on the one click root program, not knowing about the .621 issues that prevented it. At one point, I had to have a friend charge my battery because I worked through the charge trying to get the phone back online. Eventually, I found myself with the Milestone X firmware on my Droid X.

The same situation. Phone sees the sd card, apps can't access.

So I rooted it with Zergrush. No change.

A few other details need to be mentioned. When I turn on the phone, the apps can access the sd card for a while. I'm talking 2-10 minutes, but eventually, the door is somehow closed.

Also, if I load the phone without a sd card, then insert it after it's booted, the apps can access the sd card. But only for a while.

It will unmount, but won't mount after unmounting. And the phone won't format the card.

When I plug the phone into my computer, it shows a J drive and a K drive, which to me says the computer sees the phone memory and the sd card.

I'm stumped. I can't find anyone else who has dealt with this exact issue. I don't know if it's hardware or software related.

I appreciate any and all ideas. I am not up for an upgrade until October and would like to get this fixed.

Thanks for your time.