PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Extended Battery Worth It?

music_man185
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I've only had my X for a couple months now, but the battery life isn't very good at all. I usually have to charge it in the middle of the day after moderate use. I can't entirely blame the battery though. I don't get very good service where I work. 3g goes in and out. Nearly impossible to stream a song or movie. And you can watch the cellular signal go from 4 bars to 1, then back to 1. So I'm sure this is very hard on the battery. Nevertheless, I'm considering an extended battery. Is the oem Motorola worth getting? How much more life can I expect?

And another thing, is I work in construction. So I rely on my trident kraken 2 to protect my phone. I would like to continue using this case. Will the extended battery fit inside the kraken 2?

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

Wizard0f0s
05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure about the case. I got a Bh6 extended battery (the official 1800 battery) and it definitely makes a difference. Before you get an extended battery, I would recommend you look into Juice Defender from the Play store. I also work in an area where I get little to no signal and JD made a huge difference for me.

Basically, it turns off the radio for you when you turn off the screen and turns it back on when you turn the screen on. If you get the Ultimate version you get a ton of customization for exactly how it works.

Hope this helped!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

clothednblack
05-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I have the extended battery and I'm using the trident case on my dx, fits great, no.pressure on the screen either

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

mhans311
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I have the motorola extended battery and I really like it. It definitely makes a difference for me. Don't expect it to double your battery life or anything like that but it has increased my battery life by 20%-30%.

I get poor reception where I go to school and it kills the battery pretty fast no matter what battery is in there. It helps if I connect the phone to wifi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The persuader
05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure about the case. I got a Bh6 extended battery (the official 1800 battery) and it definitely makes a difference. Before you get an extended battery, I would recommend you look into Juice Defender from the Play store. I also work in an area where I get little to no signal and JD made a huge difference for me.

Basically, it turns off the radio for you when you turn off the screen and turns it back on when you turn the screen on. If you get the Ultimate version you get a ton of customization for exactly how it works.

Hope this helped!

Help me with JD... I thought it was best for your OS to process... Are you saying JD just for the Battery or the Battery & the OS?

Its Bubba :-)

Wizard0f0s
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Help me with JD... I thought it was best for your OS to process... Are you saying JD just for the Battery or the Battery & the OS?

Its Bubba :-)

If you have good reception, jd doesn't seem to make much of a difference. What little it saves in battery it loses in cpu usage. For poor reception, it's pure gold. Not sure if that really answers your question though. :-\