PDA

View Full Version : Funny little area in middle of screen when pressed

bsbabcock
05-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Darn it all.. I fear I have some moisture under the screen. It can be seen when the screen is off/black. It's not terribly visible when working. However, when the screen is pressed near it, it acts like one layer in that area is contacting another acting wonky in that area, as if there's a small amount of moisture localized in the area. No functional problems though. The old DX just can't be killed it appears.

How does a guy fix something like that? Warm ultra-dry area for a while maybe? What kind? Suggestions?

Rezound/Nexus/other-time?? LOL! Just kidding.. I'm not unloading the X until it takes the inevitable celestial dirt-nap.

fezrock
05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh that doesn't sound good. Put it in a container of rice overnight. If that doesn't work you can try the screen-replacement method to get it dry. Sans replacement.

It could be busted lcd tho. I've got that. :( But not too bad. Latter fix on that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

aspect
05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
i had a similar problem. i had left my DX stored for a whole year in a box. when i pulled it out, there looked like what you described. like a ghost was pushing down my screen with his thumb. i am guessing something was pressing against the screen for a year.

when i would press the screen while off, it would look a lot like liquid under the screen. luckily, my DX healed itself. now there is just a slight discoloration. everything else is working fine.

Droid-Xer
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Should dry out over time. Could be condensation.