PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Nexus still "New" Enough?

Sekine12
05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
My DX is dying a quick and painful death. The home and back buttons no longer work, the camera doesn't work, and the volume down button is dying. Obviously, between the hardware failing miserably and the bootloader issues, etc. I have no interest in giving motorola any more money ever, for anything. The GNex looks like a pretty awesome phone, and since none of my issues with the DX are really speed related, I'm not too worried about missing out on quad core 1.5ghz phones.

So, what's the opinion out there, is the Galaxy Nexus still "new enough" to seem like a worthwhile upgrade, or should I keep this DX for as long as I can and get something bleeding edge on release day in the future.

BHuber09
05-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Its still a great phone. The only phone to maybe wait for its the Samasung gs3. But its coming to Verizon in mid June or so. Maybe to long for you to wait.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Sekine12
05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
That was my thought as well. There's some added hesitation on my part after seeing these new specs. 1.4GHz isn't a vast increase, and I can't imaingine why I need more than two cores on something incapable of showing me two applications at the same time. Sure, some multi-threaded applications can leverage it a bit, but it's not going to be double fast. I'm also sure it's going to hit with a $300 or $350 price tag or something insane like that. Given that there will be verisons with 16GB and 32 GB onboard, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a $300 and $400 version on Verizon.

DirtyDroid
05-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Moved to off topic, but I agree with Bhuber , the gnex or the sIII

BHuber09
05-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah its gonna be a pricey one

FreeMyMoto!!!

popcenator
05-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Now own a GNex myself and its a very good phone. And coming from a DX you'll be very satisfied.

on the move..

Sekine12
05-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Dirtydroid, thanks for the bounce over to off topic.

I appreciate the input, looks like GNEX it is. Every time I see a VZ/Moto commercial I want to punch my TV. This phone was fun, the development community was absolutely incredible, but all the corporate crap was just barely tolerable, and then .621, and then all my buttons break. Talk about the straw that broke the camel's back.

fezrock
05-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I hear they're $150 on Amazon now. Or if you have a good discount to add to the cheap $199 Verizon price it's a steal!

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2