View Full Version : What device to go to from the X?

04-30-2012, 11:06 AM
I guess this is off-topic though I wasn't quite sure where to throw this in at.

My delima is this, right now costco has a sweet deal on the razr, with the HD Dock, hdmi cable, and portable charger, for $80. I want a moto device for the new webtop coming, but I don't know wether to go ahead and snag this while the snagging is good, or wait it out for a new device.

My poor X is nearing it's wits end, running decently, but certainly not great on CM9. (I had to get me some ICS) The battery I believe is starting to wear out, draining pretty fast(More than usual I'd say).

So do I choice option A, or B and why please =)

04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
That's a sweet deal on a nice phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

04-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Well that is a deal for sure, and you know moto is a solid device. I'd say if you want it, go for it. There will always be a newer, better device, its just living with the decision for 2 years. I know not the greatest advice, but if its a battery and SD card your looking for to hang onto the x for a bit, they are relatively cheap now

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

04-30-2012, 11:30 AM
You can snag a BH6X new with the larger OEM door nowadays for around $10 if you shop around, and you'll be more than happy with your phone. I find the BH6X gives me about 1.5x normal BH5X battery for just a couple millimeters of thickness. And you can get 16 GB micros for chump change nowadays. Here's a $4 16 GB class 4 sandisk on Amazon right now:

Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card, Class 4: Computers & Accessories
If you think you'll be happy with the RAZR, do it. But keep in mind this summer is gonna be crazy with all the new quad-cores and dual-cores coming out. I was thinking of a GNex in June when I'm for upgrade, but with the rumors looking to hold true for the GSIII coming to Verizon, there's a good chance I'll be looking at that and other options come June.

04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah I would want the bh6x, I can't seem to find one less than $25-$29. At least with the cover that goes with it. The SD cards have gotten quite cheap though

04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah I would want the bh6x, I can't seem to find one less than $25-$29. At least with the cover that goes with it. The SD cards have gotten quite cheap though

I got mine about 3 months ago via Amazon and if I remember correctly I paid about $12 w/ S&H. It wasn't shipped from the same store/bundled together so I paid more on shipping but the savings totaled up. Just bought the two seperately. They were on sale at that time. Probably would need to shop around, you check ebay too?

04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Got the gnex and I love it. I would recommend the Razr Maxx over the regular razr for the added bump in battery life. $80 is a good deal though. I say get it if you need it asap. Otherwise there are some better phones coming out. Although they'll be about $300 with a new 2 year contract.