PDA

View Full Version : "Modem did not power up / Starting RSD Protocol Support"

gosuclay
04-25-2012, 04:39 PM
My droidx2 went through the wash, can boot the phone using the hack, (volume down while the moto emblem on startup)

but here's my post in android forums

Okay, so, i bought this phone off of a friend (it's legit and clean ESN and not stolen), It's been through the washing machine, but wasn't turned on immediately after it happened. He thought it was broken, so he sold it to me. The battery was ruined so I got a replacement. When i turn the phone on i get the error message "Modem did not power up / Starting RSD Protocol Support" and stays like that indefinitely.

I can cold boot linux with BP bypass, (holding down volume and selecting the option from the list) phone works flawlessly in this setting, but has no signal at all.

why would the phone work fine in this setting, but freeze on normal start up?

Is there any hope for the phone or should I sell it for parts? (I'd really like to save it because it's better than my OG DroidX)

thanks in advance.

borealfad
05-30-2012, 02:22 PM
...but my droid X2 has not been through the wash. In fact it was working normally as late as this morning. A few minutes ago I noticed that my pocket was really warm and figured the phone was downloading an update or perhaps needed some attention. My screen showed the "Modem did not power up..." message. Not thinking much of it, I tried to turn it off and then on again. None of the phone's buttons had any effect. I pulled the battery and then restarted, but received the exact same message. When I try to startup with the volume up button depressed, I receive a message that says "Starting RSD protocol support" and then nothing happens.

I'm running 2.4.3 rooted I think. The latest OTA would not install and I haven't had the opportunity to look into why. The entire phone is backed up to dropbox so this is more and inconvenience than a disaster... that is unless I can't warranty the phone and send it back to Verizon in it's current state. Will they be able to determine that I have rooted and then charge my full retail for being such a bad person? :O

Any help or guidance that you fine people can offer would be most appreciated.

Thank you!