PDA

View Full Version : Weird Situation (To me anyways)

jackmac94
04-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok, so i know lately a bunch of people have been complaining about the new .621 update. Well i took the update without even reading it first(i know, i'm a moron) BUT ever since i had rooted my phone, i have always had the Clockworkmod recovery screen initiate EVERY TIME i turn my phone on again.

So i know my bootloader is not stock but since i am in .621 shouldn't that have made my bootloader stock as well? I mean, i even have my old Google Boot up logo from when i had a different ROM installed!

Anyways, thats not my primary question, i want to know; if i use the SBFing method that everyone is using by going back to MIlestone X .604 will i be safe?

Also, if i do so, will i be free from the dreadful bootloader menu every time i start my phone up again?

If someone could answer those questions for me and help me get my DX back to normal(or as close as possible) i would gladly appreciate it.

P.S. please use small words when referring to terms about the SBFing method, i havent even used my phones true potential(root) since last year and i have completely forgotten all the research i had previously done while figuring out how to root.
Thanks.

BHuber09
04-23-2012, 08:29 AM
thats the bootlogo. And no, this was just a small update for us so not a whole rom so they didn't feel a need to add the bootlogo into the one.

But yes if you go back to 604 then you can root again and use your phone how you want. As for the boot up into clockworkmod recovery. Sorry, you'll have to uninstall bootstrap in order to get it to stop.

jackmac94
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Alright ok, well what is the newest RSD_Lite program, i have been trying to find it on numerous forums with no success. Is 5.8 the newest? Do i need a program to open up .rar files or what? All the forums for sbf'ing droid x dont have a link to the main program, or at least "the newest one"! I have the milestone x .zip file and the motorola drivers but no rsd_lite, could you kindly point this newb in the right direction again? I seem to have lost my way again. I am running Windows 7 64-bit by the way.

Seamore5
04-25-2012, 03:23 AM
Try this for RSD LITE RSDLite - download here (http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/a1200-applications/13457-rsdlite-download-here.html) hope this works let me know.