PDA

View Full Version : How to boot to clockworkmod recovery from power off?

ohmster
04-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Long story short, got a replacement phone, took the ota to 621, hated life, used 1KDS disc to SBF to Milestone, got root back from same CD, life was good, batter life, not so good. Spilled water into phone, got another one. This is NOT 621, but what I got was:

System: 4.5.605.MB810.en.US
Model: DROIDX
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.13P
Build Number: 4.5.1_57DXS-35
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 5207

I installed ClockworkMod Rom Manager, the paid for one, and flashed the recovery as a droid 2, now nothing brings back that pretty green screen except boot into recovery from rom manager. I think you had to hold vol down and press power to bring it up, it was easy to do. Now, not more. Am I doing this wrong or did I pick the wrong model phone when I flashed the ROM recovery? What is the powerup button sequence to bring up the clockwork mod boot screen from power off? What is the correct model to pick, is it still a Droid x? I guess so, I only used droid 2 when I had Milestone (Wrecked within two weeks with water, got a new stock DX.)

Thank you.

ohmster
04-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Never mind, I figured it out. You have to have Bootstrap Recovery and ClockworkMod installed. Flash as Droid 2, then use Bootstrap Recovery, followed up with Reboot Recovery. This puts the phone back to that pretty green screen, use cam button to just reboot. Afterwards, when phone is powered down, hold Vol Down button, hold Power Button until Red M appears, let go of power, hold Vol Down a bit, let go, and presto, you are back to the clockwork recovery screen again if you want it.

I love when a plan comes together!