PDA

View Full Version : Droid X: Bootloader 30.03, Err:A5,70,00,00,23

ofafeather
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Should be 30.04! Sorry!

Hi, All,

My Droid X informed me that it was ready to install an update so I said OK. It was not plugged in to the computer but was fully charged. It was updating for a while then came up with this message:

Bootloader 30.04
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB (I plugged it in to my desktop hoping that was the solution)

Any ideas where to go from here? I'm not sure of the number of the update but it would have been the most recent one. I have tried powering down, holding the power and home buttons and even removing the battery to no avail.

Help!

Thanks,
Eric

BHuber09
04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Follow those directions and it'll be fixed. Choose to go to 2.3.4 version .621
All the directions are on the link
If you have any questions ask I'll be happy to help

FreeMyMoto!!!

ofafeather
04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks! Working on it now.

BHuber09
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
No problem. Any questions ask

FreeMyMoto!!!

ofafeather
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
No problem. Any questions ask

FreeMyMoto!!!

Happy to report that it worked! Thanks so much!

Unhappy to report that I am now back to square on having lost all of mys settings, etc. :excited:

Oh, Well.

BHuber09
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes I know, that's the bad part. However it beats not having a phone!! Haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

ofafeather
04-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Yes I know, that's the bad part. However it beats not having a phone!! Haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Oh, well. That's life. I did the Froyo version which is 2.3.340. There is an update to 2.3.5. I installed that and am now installing .625. Or at this point, is there any reason to change to one of the Gingerbread systems since I am already wiped clean?

Thanks!

BHuber09
04-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Um there's not really a need. There's just some bug fixes in the latest versions.

FreeMyMoto!!!

ofafeather
04-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Um there's not really a need. There's just some bug fixes in the latest versions.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Thanks again.

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
I used this thread to fix my Droid X yesterday. Same issue as ofafeather. While using my stock phone (purchased 8/19/2010), I got the Verizon "update" harassment. I said, "No" but eventually lost the argument and found the phone updating while I had left it on in the middle of doing some work. "Seven minutes" was the last note of optimism, followed by, what's that? A DOS screen? Is there such a thing as DOS anymore? I'm behind the times. I took it to Verizon. They gave me a song and dance, disappearing into the back room, reappearing with sad funeral music. "It's dead." "You're only 17 days away from an upgrade, I can waive that, you can walk out with a new phone if you sign another 2 year contract." Funny, I thought it was 2 years for an upgrade. "Or, you can "try" to get it warrantied, you do have the extended warranty, but there are some scratches on the case and they might reject it." Funny, lady, it's a not yet two year old phone, which I use. Do you want to see some 2 year old underwear? I think I have those with me as well. Here, hold my phone while I unzip my pants. Never mind. I'll take my chances with the free warranty. Why did Verizon update my phone without my approval? Why didn't Verizon back-up all of my phone's settings, information, programs, etc., before scrambling it's brain? Warranty phone should be here tomorrow. Fine. Bye.

Back at home, I started researching and found this forum and signed up. I struggled a bit, but this thread breathed life back into my Droid X, which is bone stock. I've only had the Verizon drug pushers force anything down it's throat. Yesterday, like many other unwanted updates, it F'd my phone.

I used my 2011 Macbook Air with external Super Drive. I was not sure which ".iso file" to download, so I ended up using the first option listed, 2.3.340, FroYo. I had problems with my MacBook Air screen blanking-out portions of the screen display once the program began to execute. So, I had to go back and re-re-read all the posts and watch the videos over and over to figure what keys to push on the Macbook Air, since I couldn't read much of anything. I took photos of the screens. I'll try to post them up.

Thanks to all the folks that worked so hard to make this fix happen. I'm amazed. Now I have about a million questions on what I should do to avoid this kind of catastrophe (at least minimize the pain) when it happens again, because I don't really know if I backup my stuff, or where it goes, or the name of the little Verizon/Google marketing midget that lives inside my phone. But, I'll save that for after I research what rooting and Gingerbread and all that Greek stuff means.

Thanks for the fix! I'm fixed, got my coffee, and ready to march into Verizon and shove some survivor fist up their...

BHuber09
04-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Wait... You used the 2.3.340 and it worked??? It made your phone work again??
Because if you took the update to .621 if you used .340 it would have made your phone a total brick with no chance of survival.
As soon as i read that you chose that option i was like noooooooo!!!!!!

I am very glad i could have helped you out.
But yeah this forum is really awesome tons of stuff to learn and make your phone amazing.

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Screen on my Macbook Air after the sbf flash began. Unable to read, so I had to guess what keys to select to execute, but there was enough info in the posts and videos to guess my way to success!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
04-18-2012, 09:35 AM
And your phone is working after going back to froyo?

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Because if you took the update to .621 if you used .340 it would have made your phone a total brick with no chance of survival.

But yeah this forum is really awesome tons of stuff to learn and make your phone amazing.

Yeah, my phone is working, but Verizon is trying to push another update down its throat. What do you recommend that I do?

BHuber09
04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Well would you like to stay where you are at?
if so i can make that happen for forever or until you choose to upgrade.
^but that one will void your warrenty. (But if you do it we can make it look like nothing ever happened. (By doing what you did in the first place))

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 09:43 AM
And your phone is working after going back to froyo?

Let me double check the CD I burned

SliTaz
boot (Jun 8, 2011 4:22 PM)
bzImage
isolinux
rootfs.gz

My Downloads says 1KDStaz0.9.iso

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Well would you like to stay where you are at?
if so i can make that happen for forever or until you choose to upgrade.
^but that one will void your warrenty. (But if you do it we can make it look like nothing ever happened. (By doing what you did in the first place))

Wow! I know so little about these devices, I dont know what to say. I want the marketing midget removed from my phone. The reason I switched from pc to mac was the continuous barrage of updates, reboots, and generally not feeling like my computer was really my computer. Right now, thats how I feel about my Droid X. It's Verizon/Google's phone to pollute and corrupt anytime they push some junk onto it. Can I stop it? What is rooting, hacking, breaking open, all that? Why? Why not?

ofafeather
04-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I was also able to take my phone from 2.3.340 to .621. Works fine now.

BHuber09
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
If you go from 621 to 340 your phone gets totally messed up though.

FreeMyMoto!!!

ofafeather
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Interesting. Things are so complicated!

heykerrdog
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Whew! Taking a crash-course on Froyo, Gingerbread, Bomb Pops, Push-Ups, molten lava cakes, 4.5.621, 4.5.605, 2.3.3, rooting, SBFing, OTAing, hair pulling, and all that techy Droid X stuff...I'm sizzling in the pan.

Right now, I've got Verizon trying to push their damned update down my throat again.

Here's where I am...

Yesterday, the phone was fine, then Verizon shoved their update down my throat and it killed the phone. Verizon says, "Dead." A new warranty phone arrives today. I went home and, as posted above, found this forum and fixed the phone by downloading the Froyo file.

But, now I've got Verizon trying to push the 4.5.621.en.US update onto my phone again, which killed it yesterday.

Researching, it doesn't look like there is anyway to stop the download, unless I am misunderstanding.

What should I do? Root? It sounds cool, but I don't want to have to jack with my phone. I just want it to run, leave me alone, and I want to kill the Verizon/Google midget living inside of it that keeps telling me I have "1 hour" before a "7 minute" update kills my phone again.

Here's what my phone says:

System Version: 4.5.605.mb810.Verizon.en.US
Model #: Droid X
Android Version: 2.3.3 (Gingerbread, right? Which doesn't make sense to me, because I used that Froyo image thingy to fix it yesterday--of course, maybe Verizon forced an update on it when I wasn't looking, or maybe I said yes when I meant to say F off)
Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.13P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g34b306d, bmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28#1
Build #: 4.5.1_57_DX5-35
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 52363

The Verizon System Update that it is trying to make me install (in one hour...blah) is 4.5.621.en.US

Can I do anything to make my phone stay right where it is and ignore Verizon for the rest of my life?

BHuber09
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
You could root. Or you could take the update. If the update fails you can just do what you did in thr first place to save your phone but you can do it to 621

FreeMyMoto!!!

heykerrdog
04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I went for it and took the update and this time it worked to 4.5.621. I made sure I cleared up memory space and was charged and on the charger.

I thank you for helping and educating me.

I'll be rooting soon.

Thanks,

Ken

LorettaGibbs
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I am having the same problem... my phone decided to updated without me saying yes.... can someone please walk me thru how to fix it... I am not real technical...

LorettaGibbs
06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Please help!!!!!

Bootloader
Err: A5, 70, 00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

BHuber09
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Please help!!!!!

Bootloader
Err: A5, 70, 00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Time to sbf. Do you know what system version you were on?

FreeMyMoto!!!

Goose306
06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Verizon is trying to promote another update under its throat.

We all know what .621 is at this point. I think .621 was the sneakiest thing they could have done. Breaking reversion and root all in one fell-swoop WITHOUT changing bootloader versions (so we had no way of knowing so) plus the update bricking phones half the time people try to take the OTA... that's crap. No idea what the OTA issues are personally, I had SBF'd to it and I've never done a single OTA on my phone. There isn't much Verizon could do beyond that besides just sending out an update that hard-bricks all DXs. That's almost what the .621 did. I know at least 3-4 people who took the soak test and then when they attempted an SBF back they soft-bricked and with no .621 SBF there stuck with bricked phones that Moto refused to fix despite the fact they were SOAK TESTERS for them and their update BRICKED the phone. Same with if its bricked on the OTA, if you take it to Verizon they will refuse to fix unless you have insurance, even if you were stock unrooted and the OTA bricked it.

BHuber09
06-28-2012, 11:13 PM
We all know what .621 is at this point. I think .621 was the sneakiest thing they could have done. Breaking reversion and root all in one fell-swoop WITHOUT changing bootloader versions (so we had no way of knowing so) plus the update bricking phones half the time people try to take the OTA... that's crap. No idea what the OTA issues are personally, I had SBF'd to it and I've never done a single OTA on my phone. There isn't much Verizon could do beyond that besides just sending out an update that hard-bricks all DXs. That's almost what the .621 did. I know at least 3-4 people who took the soak test and then when they attempted an SBF back they soft-bricked and with no .621 SBF there stuck with bricked phones that Moto refused to fix despite the fact they were SOAK TESTERS for them and their update BRICKED the phone. Same with if its bricked on the OTA, if you take it to Verizon they will refuse to fix unless you have insurance, even if you were stock unrooted and the OTA bricked it.

That might be the best worded paragraph about Verizon's 621 update I've heard. Absolutely ridiculous they did it

FreeMyMoto!!!

Goose306
06-28-2012, 11:53 PM
That might be the best worded paragraph about Verizon's 621 update I've heard. Absolutely ridiculous they did it

FreeMyMoto!!!

With the rant over, I can honestly say though that the 15p radio is pretty bomb, and I'm pretty sure I get incrementally better performance on the .621 kernel.

Its just unfortunate it had to come with all the hooks and qualms it did. Pain in the butt to root (I don't mind the 1KDS ISOs and definitely appreciate the effort and assistance it has provided to thousands of people but I've always used RSD prior to this as I have no issues with it and find it quite a bit faster.) and its painful not being able to revert. I'm pretty much always on GB and ICS, but its frustrating from a development standpoint. When I wanted to test some stuff on the .15p radio flash I was unable to test it myself as I was stuck and jammed on it. Eventually I just put it off on working further because I feel bad having people brick phones for me and I can't get a proper logcat or whatnot that is needed from a development standpoint. Just a royal pain.

BHuber09
06-29-2012, 12:24 AM
With the rant over, I can honestly say though that the 15p radio is pretty bomb, and I'm pretty sure I get incrementally better performance on the .621 kernel.

Its just unfortunate it had to come with all the hooks and qualms it did. Pain in the butt to root (I don't mind the 1KDS ISOs and definitely appreciate the effort and assistance it has provided to thousands of people but I've always used RSD prior to this as I have no issues with it and find it quite a bit faster.) and its painful not being able to revert. I'm pretty much always on GB and ICS, but its frustrating from a development standpoint. When I wanted to test some stuff on the .15p radio flash I was unable to test it myself as I was stuck and jammed on it. Eventually I just put it off on working further because I feel bad having people brick phones for me and I can't get a proper logcat or whatnot that is needed from a development standpoint. Just a royal pain.

Well hey. When I come up there in October I'll bring my phone and give it to you haha you just gotta figure out what's wrong with it.

But I was a lucky one and never got the 621 update so I cannot speak of performance wise but I just see it as a stab in the back move, of course with the radio it was a major update to nonrooted DXs. Theres always two sides to an agruement.

And also question.. secret shadow build. Is that what I think it is? Shadow being CM codename and you're talking about development point. I have a feeling something big is being cooked up haha

FreeMyMoto!!!