PDA

View Full Version : Help with my mms on ics

Aptiva
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
While there are a million threads complaining mms won't work, each person has found minor success getting it to work with one app or another.

I on the other hand still have no mms, but want to keep ics. I have tried gosms as suggested in a few threads, hiapn to "fix" my apns, reflashing, and a few other things. In one thread on cricketusers.com, it was said that my mms must not have worked in the first place which is totally wrong as it has worked on the 340, 596, 602, and 605 sbfs, and Liberty3 v2 which is based on the 605.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

csk415
04-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Edit.... I'm coping our posts from the other thread.

I'm on 1.0.0.2 and have gosms. Even used the manual setting. Always says "cannot download"

Are you still trying to use the stock messaging? My stock won't work but gosms does for whatever reason. I am on 1.0 because the fix didn't work for 1.0.2 and didn't feel like wipeing data for no reason.

gummydx 1.0

Tried both. I have my own thread in the ics help forum if we could continue there instead of hijacking this one :p

OK. Back on track. Is 1.0.2 the only gummy you have tried?

gummydx 1.0

Aptiva
04-15-2012, 08:53 PM
it was the most recent so yes. what my understanding is 0.9 had working mms, but there were other major issues ie camera and the flash. I have tried miui4 but had the same exact problem with mms. I haven't tried any other ics rom aside from these. Again, I was running .605 sbf with working mms so I know that it isn't my phone as well as libertyv3 2.0.

I originally had believed it to be my apn settings, as did another guy.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-motorola-droid-x/30517-ics-mms-apns-droid-x-cricket.html

(http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-motorola-droid-x/30517-ics-mms-apns-droid-x-cricket.html)this is the other thread I was referring to. If you read it you will realize I'm Stephen :D

I will grab 1.0 and give it a try

csk415
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
What firmware were you on when you switched to cricket? Have you tried going back 605 and seeing if it works.

gummydx 1.0

Aptiva
04-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah just last night, but like I said I was running Libertv3 2.0 which is based on 605. That is what I flashed from but I did the factory reset and cleared the dalvik as well. I will sbf then service program to verify, but it did work before I upgraded. I'm on Gummy 1.0.0 atm

Sent from my Gummy Droid X

csk415
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Your on 605 now and mms is working?

gummydx 1.0

Aptiva
04-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Alrighty then. Got 605 flashed and service programmed back to cricket.

I have verified that the MMS is working on 605 flawlessly, but Gummy still will not send or recieve MMS. I have used just about every APN setting I can find and tried them all. I'm guessing that ICS just isn't for me and my X.

csk415
04-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Alrighty then. Got 605 flashed and service programmed back to cricket.

I have verified that the MMS is working on 605 flawlessly, but Gummy still will not send or recieve MMS. I have used just about every APN setting I can find and tried them all. I'm guessing that ICS just isn't for me and my X.

Sounds like its a problem between ICS and cricket. You can always use boot manager to play with ICS.

gummydx 1.0

Aptiva
04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, somehow I managed to get an MMS message sent last night, but I cannot do it again. Yeah. ICS was just shiny. I am going back to GB since Cricket absolutely has no apn settings for ICS. Called to ask for them and like usual they were clueless.

casper55117
04-21-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/ice-cream-sandwich-help/45462-help-my-mms-ics.html try this

Aptiva
05-20-2012, 08:42 PM
So when running ICS I'm still without mms. Is there a way to troubleshoot apn settings besides trial and error?

Starting to notice that the message fails to send/recieve before data even begins to transfer... Is there a way to increase the time before it times out?

Sent from my 1.3GHz Gummy Droid X