PDA

View Full Version : Life after DROID X

Newber
04-14-2012, 05:44 PM
The droid x is the first phone I ever rooted or put a custom rom to. It's an awesome phone not because it's the best phone but because it's the first best phone. However I have been looking to move forward for a while now and have been undecided as to what phone to go to. Do I use my upgrade and pay a bunch of money, get tied into a 2 year contract or do I find a used phone on the second markets that maybe isn't quite the latest and greatest. Well I found a used droid bionic. it comes with a lapdock and an extended battery with the door for 200 bucks. I bought it. For anyone else in this predicament the droid bionic is a great phone. It's a lot like the droid x with bootstrap recover CWM. Battery life is much better even when comparing the two stock batteries and its not that much thicker. Easy to root and there is a gummy 1.0 im about to try out.

Im sure ill still lurk here and occasionally offer a smart elecky comment for some of those more obvious questions. Got to give Harley something to do!

Best forum on the DROID hands down.

Just thought I would pass my experience along.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HarleyDude
04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Congrats on the new toy. Make sure to stop over at our sister forum, Droid Bionic Forum (http://www.bionicforums.net/), you'll see quite a few familiar names over there. Tell 'em I sent ya, and make sure to say hi to 1KDS for me
And you're welcome to continue to hang here, don't need an X for that, it just helps.
BTW, Already gave me something to do LOL, moved to off topic

maybish
04-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Haha Harley ! Thanks For giving me giggles While I'm Nice and hungover.....

Good Luck newber!

Augustus
04-15-2012, 08:16 AM
the Droid Bionic is the upgraded version of the Droid X and X2 however at a faster rom. I have not purchased one but having co-workers who own the bionic there was not much of a huge difference. I will wait until my contract has expired and root my Droid X and compare. You definitely will enjoy the bionic and if I was going to upgrade, this would be the likely phone i would get.

jwalz
04-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Have fun with your new toy :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Newber
04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
BTW, Already gave me something to do LOL, moved to off topic
Ha! I know I know.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2