PDA

View Full Version : battery troubles

kfairchild
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
My (stock) Droid X, a little over a year old, started having battery life trouble. I always used to get 8-10 hours of normal use, and charge at night. About a month ago, I had to charge more often. So I bought a new third-party battery, and it got worse. I was only getting 4-5 hrs (normal use, not heavy) per charge. So thinking it was the battery's problem, I bought a new Motorola BH6X battery (supposed to be higher capacity), and it's even worse. I'm only getting 3-4 hours per charge now.

I don't have any task killers or other apps that are using abnormal amounts of energy. The battery display shows that its usually the screen that is taking most of the battery life, but I'm not using the phone that much at all. I can't understand why the phone hardware would start using more energy as it gets older.

Anyone got any ideas for me? Have I been unlucky with batteries and just need to keep trying? Is the phone itself the problem? Something else going on? Thanks for any help you can give.

KF

casper55117
04-21-2012, 03:45 AM
1 try wiping batt stats. maybe its just not reading the battery right, also how often is it set up to sync

maybish
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
1 try wiping batt stats. maybe its just not reading the battery right, also how often is it set up to sync

Yep.... Try the batt wipe and change up your settings. I have the extended bh6x battery and it could last me a good 12 hours of use. Depending on how much I use the phone. Maybe you just got a bad one. I'd return it for another!

Sent from my DROIDX using Pink DXF