PDA

View Full Version : Missing TALK app in app list

shellbhawaii
04-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I used to have TALK, but then my phone had to be replaced. Got a factory refurbished phone.
Hadn't used TALK since, and when I went to find it, it's not there.
Everything I've read says it's an app automatically included with the phone, so where did it go?
It is listed in my apps under Manage Applications, but everything is greyed out.
Where can I retrieve the app? Why did it disappear?
I went to find it under the Google Play, but it's not there. A beta app called Google Talk with a different logo is there, but that download failed.
Any direction/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

maybish
04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
It's not in your app drawer?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Droid DOES!!
04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Is the new phone rooted?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Droid DOES!!
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I'd probably do a factory reset first

maybish
04-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Yep!

Droid DOES!!
04-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Yep!

Check your pm ;)

shellbhawaii
04-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Check your pm ;)

Sorry, but what is a "pm"?

popcenator
04-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Private message.

on the move..

shellbhawaii
04-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I hear the term "app drawer" often, and I can't say I know exactly what that is. But, I can assure you I've looked where all of my other apps are, and it's not there. The ONLY place I find any evidence of it is under Manage Apps, where it appears, with the "talk" logo, but ALL action keys are grayed out.

UPDATE: Okay, it's true confessions time. I was at an arts festival yesterday and there was a Verizon mobile center there. I asked them to help me find my app. The confession: What I now know as the "apps drawer" has OPTIONS for what you are seeing. Mine only showed downloaded apps, and I wasn't intelligent enough to click on the word Dowloaded" to see I had other options, like ALL APPS!!! Voilá.

Sorry to trouble all of you, but at least now I have learned about these other tools for troubleshooting in the future.

Cheers.

shellbhawaii
04-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Check your pm ;)

If you are talking about the link for the police thing, I was a little nervous about going that route. Was hoping for a simpler alternative. But, if I have to do that, I will give it a shot.

maybish
04-14-2012, 12:40 PM
If you are talking about the link for the police thing, I was a little nervous about going that route. Was hoping for a simpler alternative. But, if I have to do that, I will give it a shot.

Sorry he was telling me to check my messages. Your best bet is to try a factory reset. It pretty much resets your phone. Hope that helps.

csk415
04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't use talk but I wonder if its tied in with Google plus? Is Google plus installed if not install it and see if it shows.

gummydx 1.0

Droid DOES!!
04-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't use talk but I wonder if its tied in with Google plus? Is Google plus installed if not install it and see if it shows.

gummydx 1.0

They are two different apps

popcenator
04-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Is Gmail installed?

on the TP..

jasonsc1
04-30-2012, 02:03 AM
I guess everybody who posted on the threads 2nd page, didnt take time to read the post on the 1st page. She told everybody on the 1st page, She found out what was wrong and it was now fixed, not that there was anything ever wrong. lol pretty funny too, but understandable, lol

Droid DOES!!
04-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I guess everybody who posted on the threads 2nd page, didnt take time to read the post on the 1st page. She told everybody on the 1st page, She found out what was wrong and it was now fixed, not that there was anything ever wrong. lol pretty funny too, but understandable, lol

Could be that she added that AFTER we had all commented :thinking: