PDA

View Full Version : how to play Xbox 360 on DVD player?

megancheung
04-10-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm going on a trip and I'd like to play my 360 in the car. There is a DVD player built in with a screen with but I'm not sure how to connect the two. The DVD player does not have the yellow, white, and red jacks by the way, the colours are different.
here is the detail:
Hyundai Elantra dvd player (http://www.car-dvd-player.com/7.0-inch-tft-lcd-touch-screen-hyundai-elantra-car-dvd-player-with-gps-navigation-sd-bluetooth-3d-cdc-dvb-t-tv-tune-31.html)
anyone would know how can i play it?
thanks in advance for any help.

megancheung
04-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Or is there some kind of accessories I need to buy that I can plug into that output connection?

casper55117
04-10-2012, 12:20 PM
are you sure the rca's are only output

csk415
04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
If the link you posted is what you have then I would think it would work based on what the description said.
Car Audio Function:
One channel video input, two channel video output; two channel audio input, three channel audio output

It also looks like the player is a in-dash player with controls for everything. Do you have the original rca jack harness that the link shows? It should have the video and audio in jacks you need.

I also thought these types of players have a saftey function to not let you use the video function while the vehicle is in motion.

Besides all that 7 inch of screen for a xbox!!! Can you say headache.

If you cant figure it out take it to the dealership, bestbuy or you local audio guys and ask them.

casper55117
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
If the link you posted is what you have then I would think it would work based on what the description said.
Car Audio Function:
One channel video input, two channel video output; two channel audio input, three channel audio output

It also looks like the player is a in-dash player with controls for everything. Do you have the original rca jack harness that the link shows? It should have the video and audio in jacks you need.

I also thought these types of players have a saftey function to not let you use the video function while the vehicle is in motion.

If you cant figure it out take it to the dealership, bestbuy or you local audio guys and ask them. yes they have a function to block use so you cant use it while driving. i wont say what it is but there is a work around. i had it in one of my cars. just has to do with putting an after market toggle switch in

megancheung
04-18-2012, 09:28 PM
are you sure the rca's are only output i have no idea.

megancheung
04-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Car Audio Function:

If you cant figure it out take it to the dealership, bestbuy or you local audio guys and ask them.

:shocked: i just sent it to my friend.

Ghost
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
It's just a wire hooked to the ignition or P setting on the shifter one of the two or both that diables all DVD while Vehicle is in motion.

Your DVD has to accept input and also do output. you'll figure it out its quiet simple.... Good luck! 73