PDA

View Full Version : Will the HTC Rezound fit into the DroidX car dock?

marioval
04-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Silly question I know but I am getting a Rezound soon and I have the OEM car mount from my X and I wonder if anyone else has both of these and can confirm. The Rezound and the X are about the same size and the charger port looks to be in roughly the same spot on the side of the phone. Thanks

stewie griffin
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
May or may not be off topic, but I was able to reuse the car dock for the dx by gently prying the dock apart after removing the screws in the back, and removing the charging wire and removable sleeve. Even if the port on the rezound doesn't line up, you may be able to drill out a new hole to move the charging port on the dock to reuse it for your new phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

marioval
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I asked this same question on another forum and was told that they dont line up and even if they did the plug is reversed and wouldnt fit anyway. I may just go the way of drilling a hole.... Did you just drill a hole big enough to allow you to manually plug in the cable into the phone or did you actually set it up so the plug is permanantly mounted? Also would it kick my Rezound into car mode?

stewie griffin
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I asked this same question on another forum and was told that they dont line up and even if they did the plug is reversed and wouldnt fit anyway. I may just go the way of drilling a hole.... Did you just drill a hole big enough to allow you to manually plug in the cable into the phone or did you actually set it up so the plug is permanantly mounted? Also would it kick my Rezound into car mode?

I don't have the rezound, I have the razr maxx. The plug on the maxx is on the top, so I just removed it all together. Also, placing my maxx in the x's car dock does not trigger car dock mode. It will still trigger car mode on the x even without the charging wire installed. I'm not sure if there's a sensor that triggers it or what. You can try finding a way to permanently re install the charging wire where you need it for the rezound, and worse case scenario, if it gets messed up, you would've needed to buy one to work for the rezound anyway. That's was my thinking in altering it for the maxx. Good luck with it, and feel free to post if you make it work. It could help other rezound owners save some cash as well :-)

DroidModderX
04-13-2012, 03:21 AM
was just reading through this & wanted to confirm that yes there is a small electromagnetic sensor that triggers dock car dock.. only reason i know this is because of my belt holster for my work crackberry will trigger it if they happen to rub.. I know this because blackberry's as we know all use the same thing to trigger them into screen off/ sleep mode when placed into a official blackberry case.

stewie griffin
04-13-2012, 09:00 AM
was just reading through this & wanted to confirm that yes there is a small electromagnetic sensor that triggers dock car dock.. only reason i know this is because of my belt holster for my work crackberry will trigger it if they happen to rub.. I know this because blackberry's as we know all use the same thing to trigger them into screen off/ sleep mode when placed into a official blackberry case.

In that case, I'll have to take the dock apart again, see where the sensor is, and try moving it around to see where it needs to be to trigger car dock mode on my razr maxx! Love your YouTube videos!