PDA

View Full Version : Xbox.

casper55117
04-08-2012, 04:34 PM
So I know its possable to put win 7 on an xbox360 but what about Linux. I've looked around and can't find anything. And all ready got laughed off an Xbox forum so I figured I'd ask here

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

casper55117
04-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Never mind I found it on Ubuntu website

xspacemonkey85x
04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
What's the benefit?

The wheel it turns, it rolls around. It makes an ancient rumbling sound.

casper55117
04-12-2012, 02:01 AM
What's the benefit?

The wheel it turns, it rolls around. It makes an ancient rumbling sound. more so just a bragging rights thing. was thinking more about an android port

killhog
04-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Yeah you can but you need a Jtag to do it

killhog
04-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Kinda like this one :) 300 gig beast! No need for DVD drive so I just put a 300 Seagate hdd from a desktop in it. If ya need more info I can point ya in the right direction :)

xspacemonkey85x
04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
This all seems like a waste though. Why buy an Xbox if you want to install windows... the hardware is dated. Might as well build a cheap pc.

killhog
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
This all seems like a waste though. Why buy an Xbox if you want to install windows... the hardware is dated. Might as well build a cheap pc.

Lol well I've got 8 so I get bored and want to mod them lol

casper55117
04-13-2012, 02:11 AM

Not the og Xbox the 360

casper55117
04-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Lol well I've got 8 so I get bored and want to mod them lol

Would love a little help. I've got 4 at the moment

killhog
04-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Would love a little help. I've got 4 at the moment

First ya need to Google se7ensins and do some research on how to build a Jtag. Ask around on there if anyone has put Android on a Jtag. I know you can put Linux on it . Me I think its possible to put Android on it. Jtaging is not easy the first time but I've built a few but it is a lot to learn don't just jump into it. And you are taking the chance of destroying a Xbox. But it was a fun little project to build :)

casper55117
04-14-2012, 06:00 AM
First ya need to Google se7ensins and do some research on how to build a Jtag. Ask around on there if anyone has put Android on a Jtag. I know you can put Linux on it . Me I think its possible to put Android on it. Jtaging is not easy the first time but I've built a few but it is a lot to learn don't just jump into it. And you are taking the chance of destroying a Xbox. But it was a fun little project to build :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums cool thank you. i appreciate it. i have the same thoughts about android. if linux can be used why not android. as for destroying an xbox. i have one in good working order 2 with drives that are starting to go bad and one with a totally bad drive

casper55117
04-14-2012, 07:10 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forumsposted lastnight ans havent gotten a single response

killhog
04-14-2012, 08:36 PM
cool thank you. i appreciate it. i have the same thoughts about android. if linux can be used why not android. as for destroying an xbox. i have one in good working order 2 with drives that are starting to go bad and one with a totally bad drive

I can fix those drives

casper55117
04-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I can fix those drives

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums i have an idea about how to fix the drives. i read somewhere that if you adjust the track that the lens is on that it will correct the problem. is that correct? and as for the drive that is totally bad. some one took it apart and im not sure if i have all the parts.

killhog
04-16-2012, 12:01 AM
i have an idea about how to fix the drives. i read somewhere that if you adjust the track that the lens is on that it will correct the problem. is that correct? and as for the drive that is totally bad. some one took it apart and im not sure if i have all the parts.

Nah most the time ya need to calibrate the pots on the laser using a multi meter

killhog
04-16-2012, 12:44 AM
It's not hard to do. Just do turn the resistance down to much or you'll fry the laser lol

Sent From Droid X Running MIUIĄ

JriderG
04-16-2012, 01:06 AM
So I know its possable to put win 7 on an xbox360 but what about Linux. I've looked around and can't find anything. And all ready got laughed off an Xbox forum so I figured I'd ask here

Can you give a link about running windows 7 on the 360... I don't think its possible. Unless u do a vm in Linux.

casper55117
04-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Can you give a link about running windows 7 on the 360... I don't think its possible. Unless u do a vm in Linux.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums that is how you would have to do it

killhog
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
It's not hard to do. Just do turn the resistance down to much or you'll fry the laser lol

Sorry don't turn the resistance down to much lol

casper55117
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Sorry don't turn the resistance down to much lol

Sent From Droid X Running MIUIĄ ya i have turned down the pot on a few laser pointers. i have a blu ray laser id like to turn in to a burning laser

chuck54
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
I saw this (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0PTZGj-FLQ) in my reccomendations, and that lead me to here (Easy jtag Method (USB Method) xbox360 UnPatched 2012 (http://www.easyjtagmethod.com/))

I have an Xbox 360 Slim, will this -OR- se7ensins jtag my xbox? I know i need to probly do some hardware mods,and thats why i doubt the easyusb jtag works.... but i'd rather start with soft mods that work with live. I dont think i want to get reported and thrown off for good ;)