PDA

View Full Version : bootlooping after font changes

Chocobubba
04-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm running Gummy 0.9, and I changed all of the fonts using rom toolbox. Anyways my problem is I can't access anything but stock recovery.

I tried using the adb method and I've made sure my SDK setup is completely up to date along with my motorola drivers, but I cannot get past wait-for-device. Sometimes when I type it just hangs, and sometimes when I type it, it says...
"* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully*"

I'm guessing this is exactly what I'm wanting, but it won't let me type any further commands, it just shows a blinking _.

Also, when i plug my phone in it goes to the Bootloader 30.04, as if I were going to SBF.

Am I doing something wrong? I also tried typing in wait-for-device, and then plugging my phone in. It didn't change anything.

Droid-Xer
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Type
adb devices and it should shoot out an alphanumeric string. If not then the PC isn't seeing your device. If it boots to bootloader then you will have to SBF.

Chocobubba
04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I've tried it and it never spits out a code. When I plug my phone in from off it goes straight into bootloader. Should I boot my phone and then plug it in? What state am I looking for to use the ADB?

Droid-Xer
04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't believe adb sees bootloader mode, only recovery and fast boot. So if it boots directly to bootloader, then that's the problem.

Chocobubba
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't believe adb sees bootloader mode, only recovery and fast boot. So if it boots directly to bootloader, then that's the problem.

Wait. What if I boot my phone into stock recovery?

Droid-Xer
04-05-2012, 02:15 PM
It should recognize it.

Chocobubba
04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
It should recognize it.

It doesn't seem to be changing anything.

Bah, forget it I'll just SBF and be done with it. Thanks for trying to help.

Droid-Xer
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
hmm not sure then. Looks like an SBF is the last resort.

Chocobubba
04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I've gone from one issue to another.

My SBF file is 2.3.340 (for the most compatibility, this was before we could root GB directly), and I can't find any way to update to gingerbread so I can relash Gummy, aside from OTA which will lead to me getting into that new version mess. All of the mirrors I've found for the GB .602 SBF file, and 2-part pre-rooted files are from multiupload, which is down. Any help?

Droid-Xer
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Try this Motorola SBF Files (http://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/)