PDA

View Full Version : Best 4G's

BoJatey
04-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Upgrade eligible now and looking for best 4G phone feature wise, but also want to root and run custom Roms. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
If you wanna customize GNex no doubt.

FreeMyMoto!!!

maybish
04-03-2012, 07:27 AM
+1 for gnex!

BoJatey
04-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks, that seems to be the clear favorite. I'll check it out feature wise along with a few others.

monomidget
04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
i went with bionic

noXcuse
04-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I went with the Maxx. Personally, I could care less about all the custom roms. As long as I can root it and freeze all the bloat and change system fonts and icons, then I'm good to go. I'd much rather have a more solid phone with way better battery life over being able to choose from 30 different roms. When I had my X, I tried just about every rom available, and always went back to stock rooted. Much more stable, and android is definitely getting their act together when it comes to smoothness.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

stewie griffin
04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I went maxx as well. Where I can get 4g service, I've actually come close to 30 mbps download. Most of the time between 7-12 mbps. The camera is surprisingly good, with great pictures. The phone is easily rooted, and pretty quick. Fwiw, benchmark scores; quadrant -2400+, Linpack - 60-75 mflops. 25492
Low light, close up shot of my girlfriends kitty as a sample shot. Quadcore beasts with 2gigs of ram on the horizon though. Just check your options, and see what suits your needs for the next 18 months or so

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
04-03-2012, 08:28 PM
30mbps??? Holy cowwww

FreeMyMoto!!!

stewie griffin
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
30mbps??? Holy cowwww

FreeMyMoto!!!

29.47mbps, 27.45 mbps. Those results only achieved in a spot on the highway using the speedtest app. At my girlfriends house, I'm getting between 6-8 mbps. Updating 2 apps on 4g here didn't seem to download too fast though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

casper55117
04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
i have seen 50Mb+ dl and 45Mb+ ul in mpls

casper55117
04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I went maxx as well. Where I can get 4g service, I've actually come close to 30 mbps download. Most of the time between 7-12 mbps. The camera is surprisingly good, with great pictures. The phone is easily rooted, and pretty quick. Fwiw, benchmark scores; quadrant -2400+, Linpack - 60-75 mflops. 25492
Low light, close up shot of my girlfriends kitty as a sample shot. Quadcore beasts with 2gigs of ram on the horizon though. Just check your options, and see what suits your needs for the next 18 months or so

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums check out the HTC one x

chuck54
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, Im about to hand down my droidx with miui.us to my mom (she likes the ui and access control) and I was wondering about the bullet....

I haven't heard much about the bullet now, has it been canceled? And what about the Droid jet?! :)

Also, the tip about the Droid fighter coming out AROUND April 12th, is this fake?

And I doubt the fighter, jet, or bullet is unlockable, but the droidx development community has done a tremendous job with the Droid x! (Thanx y'all!)

NITRO2
04-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Im about to hand down my droidx with miui.us to my mom (she likes the ui and access control) and I was wondering about the bullet....

I haven't heard much about the bullet now, has it been canceled? And what about the Droid jet?! :)

Also, the tip about the Droid fighter coming out AROUND April 12th, is this fake?

And I doubt the fighter, jet, or bullet is unlockable, but the droidx development community has done a tremendous job with the Droid x! (Thanx y'all!)

I was looking at the Droid Fighter today, April 12th seems highly unlikely in my opinion, only cause that's 7 days away lol

chuck54
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Darn... but with a new phone, do they quit throttling? Otherwise I'm screwed ....

chuck54
04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Well the new LG phone came out of Verizon, it looks cool, but kinda cheap. Are LG's unlockable?

Quicksilver7714
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Verizon does not throttle 4G users. If your in a 3G area then your out of luck for the time being. Sorry.

Darn... but with a new phone, do they quit throttling? Otherwise I'm screwed ....

I believe you are referring to the LG Lucid, $80 with a new 2 year contract. I believe that the Lucid and the Spectrum are rootable. Not sure about the bootloader situation.

Well the new LG phone came out of Verizon, it looks cool, but kinda cheap. Are LG's unlockable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

BHuber09
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM

That does look like a good phone. However I promise the dev life on it is going to be overshadowed by the great GNex.

FreeMyMoto!!!

chuck54
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
That's what o figured, I just hope it dies down soon so the next great phone will come around for my upgrade :)