PDA

View Full Version : Text-message drafts saved anywhere?

TheJazz7
04-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Short version: Created a new text message, didn't enter a recipient. Quickly wrote a note within the body of the text message, intending to save it later. I pulled it up a few minutes later to check it, and it was there...but this morning, it's gone. By any chance did it get saved to some draft-folder (like Outlook email) or to some nether-region of the SIM card?

Backstory: it was some girl's number at a bar that I successfully chatted-up...so I'd reeeeally like to get her number back :-) The fact that I was about a dozen beers deep at the time certainly didn't help anything. I'm wondering if i mistakenly deleted it in my drunken haze...

I'm on a Droid X, running Android 2.3.3

Thanks!

casper55117
04-01-2012, 03:29 PM
from my exp it only saves a draft if there is a recipient and you dont send it. scroll through your txts anyways though if it is still there it will be saved in place so any txts sent or received after will be higher on the list

TheJazz7
04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
from my exp it only saves a draft if there is a recipient and you dont send it. scroll through your txts anyways though if it is still there it will be saved in place so any txts sent or received after will be higher on the list

Yeah, definitely not sitting in my text inbox. I've had text messages sitting as drafts before. But in retrospect, they probably all had recipients entered.

Sucks. Did NOT know that...

maybish
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Did you give her your number? Maybe she'll text ya! Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums