PDA

View Full Version : .15p flashable radio

Pages : [1] 2

Goose306
04-01-2012, 02:17 PM
New Way: Use RSD Lite to SBF just the radio - this can be done from any ROM or system version!

Follow the instructions located here: Rootzwiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2834-radios-all-baseband-updaters/page__st__140#entry833317)

Old Way: Download from here:

.605 AIO - 15p radio and updater blocked

Download: 605-tbh-goose-15p.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bc440un7kyca53t)

MD5: 145F800AB8CC0C1D3DBA8A0D2FC9E1DC

Extracted from .621 SBF file. Credit goes to ky41083 @Rootz for the extration, Team Black Hat for original AIO. This file will need to be flashed from Froyo and installed standard like a ROM. It will put on the radio and put you back to .605 all-in-one.

To install:

Option 1:

SBF to Froyo (.340)
Root using z4root
Install CWM
Put zip on SDCard
Install .605 AIO zip (do the usual ROM wipes (data, cache, dalvik)
Boot into ROM straight (no other flashes) - bootstrap, restore nandroid, etc...
????
Profit!

In the future if you need to SBF use the Linux method as well. That way you can keep the radio (usually there is no reason to re-write the radio unless you were screwing with NV items)

Let me know of any issues. If you have issues entering CWM after flashing a 2nd-init ROM you will need to SBF using the 1KDS Linux disc for .605 (some have reported issues after flashing 2nd-init ROM after first flash (not everyone) in getting back to CWM)

Advantages (YMMV):

Signal reception seems about +5 dbm stronger across the board than .13p radio.
Significantly less random 3G drops while in reception zone.

*Goose306 and/or DXF is not responsible for what you do to your phone, it is yours, unless it starts shooting out gold, then we want half.*

venomous
04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
giving it a shot ill let you know how everything goes

casper55117
04-01-2012, 05:30 PM
id like to know how this goes please give me an update

venomous
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
upon first try got error signature failed..... tried toggling signature no go .....tried mounting system no go... but with status 7 error installation aborted

Goose306
04-01-2012, 07:03 PM
upon first try got error signature failed..... tried toggling signature no go .....tried mounting system no go... but with status 7 error installation aborted

Signature failed? Were you flashing in stock recovery or clockwork? And were you on Froyo? I believe the keys should be fine.

Sent from my unthrottled 4.0.4 GummyX!

venomous
04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
lol froyo fresh sbf yes and flashed with bootstrap

update: flashed cwm with rom manager d2 bootstrap version tried reflashing mounted and unmounted keep getting "assert failed motorola .update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin E:ERROR IN /SDCARD/ROMS.1.09.15P_BASEBAND_UPDATER-SIGNED.ZIP
(status7)
installation aborted .

Goose306
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
lol froyo fresh sbf yes and flashed with bootstrap

update: flashed cwm with rom manager d2 bootstrap version tried reflashing mounted and unmounted keep getting "assert failed motorola .update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin E:ERROR IN /SDCARD/ROMS.1.09.15P_BASEBAND_UPDATER-SIGNED.ZIP
(status7)
installation aborted .

Someone else reported it @Rootz, so its not just you. I have to look in to the signing process... I just rebuilt my build environment from a crash and this was the first thing I signed, I may have b0rked the signing a bit for some reason, or the .13p RDL file I snagged might not be compatible with 15p due to the funky things they did with the new update. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning; just got off work and girlfriend is over for the evening. Thanks for testing!

savagerun
04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Someone else reported it @Rootz, so its not just you. I have to look in to the signing process... I just rebuilt my build environment from a crash and this was the first thing I signed, I may have b0rked the signing a bit for some reason, or the .13p RDL file I snagged might not be compatible with 15p due to the funky things they did with the new update. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning; just got off work and girlfriend is over for the evening. Thanks for testing!

I got the same as venomous. Thx for trying to get us the 15p

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Goose306
04-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?42o7ihwkw363qgs)

MD5: C069B2C427A889920DAABDFE0BFA39E9

Think my signing was b0rking it. Tore into the old baseband updaters and they were still using the Moto signing (were not resigned) so I rebuilt using Moto keys (didn't resign). Let me know if it works. Everything now is *the same* as the old baseband updaters, so if its going to work the usual way this will be it.

savagerun
04-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok thx Goose gonna give it a try.

Goose306
04-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Ok thx Goose gonna give it a try.

Cool, anxious to hear if it works. I have a bit more time today so if something fails out I can troubleshoot without having to scoot off to work right away :)

savagerun
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Cool, anxious to hear if it works. I have a bit more time today so if something fails out I can troubleshoot without having to scoot off to work right away :)

No go, same abort as yesterday.

Goose306
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
No go, same abort as yesterday.

Weird. I checked it out and all the previous flashable radios used the same RDL files (including the Froyo radio). Are you on stock Froyo? I've actually never flashed a radio manually such as this, someone @Rootz had said you need to be on 2nd-init Froyo for it to flash? I dunno. Welp back to the drawing board, see if I see whats going on. Let me look in to my updater-script. It seems to be failing out on that, although its the same updater-script as the .13p...

savagerun
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes im in stock froyo and ive flashed the 13p baseband on stock froyo many times.

Goose306
04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes im in stock froyo and ive flashed the 13p baseband on stock froyo many times.

Cool. Let me try one more thing. I'm going to get the fresh 13p baseband file and just drop everything in there fresh using 7zip. If anything will do it, that will. If that doesn't work then I'mma have to go a bit further into the rabbit hole and that's going to probably take awhile. BRB.

Goose306
04-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok. So ignore the fact the .zip says 13p and ignore the fact when trying to flash its going to say 13p. I'm doing this with absolute minimal modifications just dropping in the bp.img radio file and recopying the RDL from the 13p baseband. Just trying to ensure that I'm not breaking something here when changing updater-scripts, etc (although its the same method I've always used with no previous problems...). If this doesn't work then something with the 15p radio is definitely b0rking the update and we won't be able to install via normal method.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?jft8qqjj4qzy86d)

MD5: 368291FE68F4ED704E1974E1CF807BDD

Also opened in IZArc after uploading and verified signing is still listed is motosigned.

kwest12
04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for trying to get this working Goose!

IIRC Droid X bootstrap needs to be used on froyo unless you're doing 2nd init. I could be misremembering though.... been a while since I was on froyo.

savagerun
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
No go, same abort

Goose306
04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
No go, same abort

Well its prob gonna be awhile then :( I'll keep on looking in to it, but I'm thinking its something to do with whatever they did to the new .621 system, since that last one I literally just dragged the radio image in to the 13p update using 7zip without touching anything else, which would indicate to me something else is going on then. All the other radio versions had the original Moto signing from the 07p radio update, they were just drag and drop jobs as well and changed the updater script to read something else.

Grr. Well I don't want you waiting around on Froyo, I'm going to look into it further but it may be awhile. Thanks for your testing Savage, helped alot!

savagerun
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Not a problem at all, thx for trying. By the way i put myself on 13p before trying any of your baseband updates, would that make a difference? Or should i have tried it on the normal froyo 7p?

Goose306
04-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Not a problem at all, thx for trying. By the way i put myself on 13p before trying any of your baseband updates, would that make a difference? Or should i have tried it on the normal froyo 7p?

Your guess is as good as mine there. I just know it needs to be flashed from Froyo, I've never flashed basebands myself seperately always just used the one in the SBF going via RSD Lite. You may check the baseband flashing post over @Rootz, might yield you some info there:

[RADIOS] All Baseband Updaters - Droid X - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2834-radios-all-baseband-updaters/)

savagerun
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah ok, i don't think it makes a difference myself i just know you have to be on froyo to flash a baseband. I'll be on froyo a couple more days lol... So if you come up with something just post it and I'll try it.

venomous
04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok. So ignore the fact the .zip says 13p and ignore the fact when trying to flash its going to say 13p. I'm doing this with absolute minimal modifications just dropping in the bp.img radio file and recopying the RDL from the 13p baseband. Just trying to ensure that I'm not breaking something here when changing updater-scripts, etc (although its the same method I've always used with no previous problems...). If this doesn't work then something with the 15p radio is definitely b0rking the update and we won't be able to install via normal method.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?jft8qqjj4qzy86d)

MD5: 368291FE68F4ED704E1974E1CF807BDD

Also opened in IZArc after uploading and verified signing is still listed is motosigned.hey Goose is this the latest base that uve hooked up for us to try???

savagerun
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
hey Goose is this the latest base that uve hooked up for us to try???

Yes that was the latest one i flashed earlier which aborted on me the same as the others.

casper55117
04-02-2012, 06:58 PM
i dont know much about this but its just a thought. what if you only use the bp.img and the rdl.bin in the zip and leave all the certs out of it

Goose306
04-02-2012, 11:43 PM
i dont know much about this but its just a thought. what if you only use the bp.img and the rdl.bin in the zip and leave all the certs out of it

Won't work AFAIK, radios need to be signed (and judging by the earlier baseband releases, Moto signed). You can always try it if you want, I've already gotten the radio extracted for ya and the updater-script built. Just take my first download (it has the fully updated script, etc) and pull the certs out of META-INF, rezip and flash (on Froyo of course)

The persuader
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Won't work AFAIK, radios need to be signed (and judging by the earlier baseband releases, Moto signed). You can always try it if you want, I've already gotten the radio extracted for ya and the updater-script built. Just take my first download (it has the fully updated script, etc) and pull the certs out of META-INF, rezip and flash (on Froyo of course)

Goose
Is a Kang ROM a good thing or approach with caution?

Its Bubba :)
"Stubborn In Your Bones "

Goose306
04-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Goose
Is a Kang ROM a good thing or approach with caution?

Haha that's a random question, and fairly loaded one too.

It depends on the context the word "kang" is being used. Kang essentially means it was pulled from some other source. In some cases its entirely appropriate and accepted. AOKP is a perfect example. Android Open Kang Project is one of the most respected and used ROMs that has emerged from ICS. In their case what it means is they have merged a ton of code from other sources (with proper credit) along with their own work. This is legitimate.

However, kang can also mean essentially stolen. While coding in Android is open-source in nature, it is generally understood that credit is due to original sources of code. Some unscrupulous people will essentially take someone else's blood, sweat, and tears and pass it off as their own, and even worse some try to get donations off the work of others. This should be avoided.

Sent from my YACK!

The persuader
04-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Haha that's a random question, and fairly loaded one too.

It depends on the context the word "kang" is being used. Kang essentially means it was pulled from some other source. In some cases its entirely appropriate and accepted. AOKP is a perfect example. Android Open Kang Project is one of the most respected and used ROMs that has emerged from ICS. In their case what it means is they have merged a ton of code from other sources (with proper credit) along with their own work. This is legitimate.

However, kang can also mean essentially stolen. While coding in Android is open-source in nature, it is generally understood that credit is due to original sources of code. Some unscrupulous people will essentially take someone else's blood, sweat, and tears and pass it off as their own, and even worse some try to get donations off the work of others. This should be avoided.

Sent from my YACK!

Goose
Thank you my friend

So, its all about the Letter "K" Capitalized vs The
Small "k" is Pirating for someone else's ideas plus sidebar donations

Thanks for your Canderness...

Goose306
04-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Goose
Thank you my friend

So, its all about the Letter "K" Capitalized vs The
Small "k" is Pirating for someone else's ideas plus sidebar donations

Thanks for your Canderness...

Hahahaha well not necessarily I used K in capital Kang because it was a proper title. But thats a good way to put it. A lot of the time others will use it to. BMc08GT uses it for YACK (Yet Another CyanogenMod Kang) (again proper title) which is again not in a bad-faith way. It really depends on how its viewed by the community and/or if its easily discernable as someone else's code or not, and whether proper credit is given. Its a bit complicated sometimes.

I dug this out of a quote in a Rootzwiki article and I think it about surmises it well:

The "Word"

We’re going to end this training session with the mother of all dangerous words. You don’t toss this word around. Using this word out of context will get your baby-face beat in faster than I can put a stop to it. That word is Kang. If you see Kang in a ROM title, that usually means the developer borrowed code or features from another developer with permission or acknowledgement. If a developer or another member calls someone else’s work a kang, read between the lines to see if it’s an insult or compliment. Dropping this word without context tells a developer that they’ve stolen code without permission for their own glory. If you want to get beat down, go into a ROM thread and call a feature "a kang" or "kanged". I won’t be responsible for what happens to your body, and good luck to your family in identifying the remains.

Let’s try some examples, shall we?
I say “I kanged the toggles in the drop-down menu for my latest ROM. Thanks to Dev Zero for permission to use his code.” I used a cool feature, I acknowledged that I had permission, all is well.
The thread title says “CM9 Kang”. The developer has acknowledged that the work is based off of the CyanogenMod 9 project. All is well.
JeffTheLegume says "BanzaiBazinga kanged my screen transitions for his latest ROM release. I demand it be removed from the ROM." JeffTheLegume is pissed, and BanzaiBazinga better be able to prove it was his own work or else find another way to make JeffTheLegume happy. Your job? Stay the hell out of it; the brass will take care of this one. Commenting on the situation could get you in a world of hurt from one side or the other.
You say: “That weather feature looks kanged from ROM X. Does the dev know about this?” Expect a beat-down of epic proportions, even if you’re right. Save your skin and just report the thread so the right authorities can handle it.

Goose306
04-21-2012, 08:07 PM
New version updated.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/2834-[RADIOS]-All-Baseband-Updaters#entry637404

Guinea pig?

Sent from my unthrottled shadow AOKP!

savagerun
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Lol...battery is low let me charge it up then sbf and I'll try it.

savagerun
04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Successful! On froyo with 15p radio

Goose306
04-21-2012, 10:29 PM

Sweet!

DirtyDroid
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Excellent news!

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

milski65
04-22-2012, 12:00 AM

Excellent news. Did you 602/605 and restore AOKP? I read at rootz you had to do this on 5020 cwm. I'd like to try this out due to my horrible service where I live for possible improvement. Could you give a run down on install?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mapatton82
04-22-2012, 01:44 AM
New version updated.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/2834-[RADIOS]-All-Baseband-Updaters#entry637404

Guinea pig?

Just curious, do we know the benefits of the 15p radio?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The persuader
04-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Good Morning...

Why the Update with Radio 15p? What sparked that change everything seems to be working fine with Radio 13 right now anyways...

Curious,
I'm I thinking correctly...to get the updated Radio15p, I would have to Flash back to Froyo?

Its Bubba

Just curious, do we know the benefits of the 15p radio?

milski65
04-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Good Morning...

Why the Update with Radio 15p? What sparked that change everything seems to be working fine with Radio 13 right now anyways...

Curious,
I'm I thinking correctly...to get the updated Radio15p, I would have to Flash back to Froyo?

Its Bubba

Yes you would bubba. You can do that in 20. I'm pretty sure of steps, but was hoping for conformation from savage. I use wifi only at home to make calls. My reception is horrible. Hoping against hope.

And, just because it's there to flash :)

Goose306
04-22-2012, 09:17 AM
.15p radio is the one from .621. Generally I have its about +5 dbm stronger than 13p, so it gets slightly better reception. More importantly, it seems *stable* on .13p I tend to get random 3G drops (not massive, but intermittently) .15p seems to avoid doing that.

As far as if you want it.

SBF to Froyo (using your preferred method)
Flash in CWM (5.0.2.0 or whatever the latest is)

Go back to GB -> Flash .602/.605 using sbf_flash in Linux or use one of 1KDS Live Disc. Can't use RSD Lite to get back as it overwrites radio, obviously. Free and clear to do what you want there.

And basically you're right. This entire process, if you know what you're doing, could take at max 20-30 minutes, and you would basically just gain more solid coverage. Of course, YMMV (you obviously do not live in the same town as I do) but there's really no harm in trying as you could always go back to .13p easily.

DirtyDroid
04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Can't waut for my day off to gett this...

Thanks Goose!

The persuader
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Well hello again Milski...

Its been so long since I Flashed back to Froyo it should be fun...So this update is Really about better Reception for Better Performance connecting to the Internet...Yes!

Stay Positive...Hopes do come True:smile:

Thanks my Friend...

Its Bubba
Yes you would bubba. You can do that in 20. I'm pretty sure of steps, but was hoping for conformation from savage. I use wifi only at home to make calls. My reception is horrible. Hoping against hope.

And, just because it's there to flash :)

milski65
04-22-2012, 09:25 AM
.15p radio is the one from .621. Generally I have its about +5 dbm stronger than 13p, so it gets slightly better reception. More importantly, it seems *stable* on .13p I tend to get random 3G drops (not massive, but intermittently) .15p seems to avoid doing that.

As far as if you want it.

SBF to Froyo (using your preferred method)
Flash in CWM (5.0.2.0 or whatever the latest is)

Go back to GB -> Flash .602/.605 using sbf_flash in Linux or use one of 1KDS Live Disc. Can't use RSD Lite to get back as it overwrites radio, obviously. Free and clear to do what you want there.

And basically you're right. This entire process, if you know what you're doing, could take at max 20-30 minutes, and you would basically just gain more solid coverage. Of course, YMMV (you obviously do not live in the same town as I do) but there's really no harm in trying as you could always go back to .13p easily.

Hey goose. 1kds to froyo, z4, d2, rom manager and update cwm droidx 2 init to 5.0.2.0, flash radio zip, update to 602/605 tbh zip? restore nandroid AOKP 33?

Goose306
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey goose. 1kds to froyo, z4, d2, rom manager and update cwm droidx 2 init to 5.0.2.0, flash radio zip, update to 602/605 tbh zip? restore nandroid AOKP 33?

Never used the .602/.605 tbh zip but I'd assume it'd work as well. And yeah, you're pretty much on it for the rest.

BTW, thanks goes to ky4103 @Rootz, I tried extracting it from the SBF the same way he did, his version just works, whereas mine didn't... don't know why :(

But, we have it working regardless.

savagerun
04-22-2012, 09:42 AM
+1 to what goose said. I just sbf'd to froyo using rsdlite then rooted w/z4 installed droidx bootstrap and flashed 15p in cwm 2.5.0.6 and it worked perfectly. Then like goose said do the 602/605iso to go back.

milski65
04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks goose and savage. Appreciate the help.

savagerun
04-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks goose and savage. Appreciate the help.

Milski you mentioned the tbh 602 . I assume your talking about the 2 part prerooted? That will change your baseband back to 13p if you use that to go back to GB.

milski65
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Milski you mentioned the tbh 602 . I assume your talking about the 2 part prerooted? That will change your baseband back to 13p if you use that to go back to GB.

Dag gone. Glad I checked back. Thanks. Doing froyo sbf as we speak. I'll 602 and d3 root afterwards. Thanks Savage

savagerun
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
No problem...

milski65
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
No problem...

On 602 root with 15 radio. 1kds 602 disc gave me a fit for 40 minutes before it loaded. Question. I updated cwm to 5.0.2.0 via rom manager and made back up, but when I use d2 bootstrap to restore AOKP it's still on the old version. Shouldn't it update (d2) or do I have to use rom manager to get my nandroids, all of which are made with latest cwm, to restore?

Edit: Went to restore via rom manager. On angel's AOKP 33 with a 15 radio. Again, thanks goose and savage.

Edit edit: First time since I've owned my X that I've been able to make a call from my house without having wifi enabled. Can also download from the market and surf web. Not stunningly fast, but this radio is a big success for me. Maybe my data usage will break 1/2 gig per month.

dtroup64
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
On Beans MIUI V4 with a .15 radio. Goose you Rock!

DirtyDroid
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
added disclaimer.....and STUCK (the thread) :smile:

Goose306
04-23-2012, 12:38 AM
added disclaimer.....and STUCK!

Issues DD? Shouldn't have anything that would stick you on the 15p. Its just the radio file.

**edit** Disclaimer - AFAIK. I didn't build this zip like I said (the working one that is) but I'd assume so. Its the new recoveries that makes .621 irrevertable, which the radio shouldn't have in it

DirtyDroid
04-23-2012, 01:04 AM
my bad goose..the thread is now a sticky! :big smile:

( updated radio...woot woot! )

Goose306
04-23-2012, 01:17 AM
my bad goose..the thread is now a sticky! :big smile:

( updated radio...woot woot! )

LOL no worries. I just got worried for a second, haha. Glad its working for ya. I updated OP with correct link. Since he had put it in a dropbox, I'll download it and throw it on my mediafire account for a permenant home sometime tomorrow, headed to bed right now.

jeems
04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I'll have to do this. I've never flashed froyo so that will be fun in and of itself. GB ota came out right when I got my phone. I think I had froyo for about 10 minutes.

Goose306
04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Got the OP prettified. Makes more sense now, cut out all the testing info from when I was building the flashable. Also uploaded to my mediafire account so it can have a permanent home there :)

DirtyDroid
04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Lol, its a buy time consuming, mainly waiting for the phone to load, but I was just at my dads, (normally roam lose service. ) didn't lose or roam once ...

jeems
04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Lol, its a buy time consuming, mainly waiting for the phone to load, but I was just at my dads, (normally roam lose service. ) didn't lose or roam once ...

I get pretty good service most places, but my house has some dead spots for the 3G I'd love to see fixed. (I have wifi, but it just bothers me, haha).

DirtyDroid
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I get pretty good service most places, but my house has some dead spots for the 3G I'd love to see fixed. (I have wifi, but it just bothers me, haha).

Yeah, just getting the service back at my dads is great, I'm usually in the garage working, so normally I'm walking around trying to get service back.... I'd give it a go, can't hurt right

stryker
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks dude!! This worked great on my x. Now i have the updated radio. Hopefully it helps my 3g signal drops i have been having just about everywere i go.

On my ipod touch today (.stryker.)

savagerun
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Finally im in a area where my reception was always horrible but now it's very good so the new radio does also help me.

rickw
04-24-2012, 06:08 PM
thanks goose,just installed on both X's,working great

BHuber09
04-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Gonna do this later tonight.
I need to get the 605 Linux method download though..

I do have a question though. Why do we have to be on froyo to flash?

FreeMyMoto!!!

griz.droidx
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I flashed last night, even with a nandroid it takes a while. But, and I don't know if it's just a placebo effect or not, I do get a bar in places where I normally have none. Time will tell, I too am in an area with terrible signal. At home I have 1-2, at work 0-1. Everything worked great, had to do a manual activation because of a lack of Verizon towers in the area. So thanks a bunch for sharing this! I have a triangle in the status bar now though. I had it once before and got rid of it somehow, maybe once I get in an area to do the *228/*22899 it'll go away.

elidog
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Anyone know if team black hats .605 or. 602 sbf has the .15 radio?

milski65
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Anyone know if team black hats .605 or. 602 sbf has the .15 radio?

It does not. And if you're going to sbf to Froyo to install the 15 radio, don't use it to go to 602/5. It'll overwrite your install and put you back on the 13 radio

elidog
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok. Thanks man. I'm going to install it tonight using the directions here.

BHuber09
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Welp I've installed this and wow..

I averaged about 250kbps and now im upwards 1250 haha I love this radio

FreeMyMoto!!!

jeems
05-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Welp I've installed this and wow..

I averaged about 250kbps and now im upwards 1250 haha I love this radio

FreeMyMoto!!!

I haven't done a speed test, but I have 3G and 2-3 bars everywhere in my house when I used to only have 1X and 0-1 bars.

And flashing to froyo, OMG. It seems so archaic. The junk widgets and trash in the app drawer. :omg: Why did we buy these phones in that condition?

BHuber09
05-01-2012, 09:31 AM
And flashing to froyo, OMG. It seems so archaic. The junk widgets and trash in the app drawer. :omg: Why did we buy these phones in that condition?

I know right!?!? I'm still stuck on it though!!! Sunday night I SBF'ed, Monday I flashed the radio and brought my laptop to school to sbf.iso to GB... But I forgot my flash drive so I was going to wait to do it when I got home... track meet ran long and I was like I'll do it in the morning. So its morning and now I'm here at school laptop out flash drive plugged in and what do I do? forget my usb cable.. ARGGG I hate froyo hahahah.

I love this radio though, absolutely awesomeeee.

jeems
05-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I know right!?!? I'm still stuck on it though!!! Sunday night I SBF'ed, Monday I flashed the radio and brought my laptop to school to sbf.iso to GB... But I forgot my flash drive so I was going to wait to do it when I got home... track meet ran long and I was like I'll do it in the morning. So its morning and now I'm here at school laptop out flash drive plugged in and what do I do? forget my usb cable.. ARGGG I hate froyo hahahah.

I love this radio though, absolutely awesomeeee.

haha, that sucks. You should DL a froyo rom and kick it old school til you can sbf. I almost stopped over the weekend but I really didn't want to be stuck on froyo. I kept getting interrupted so what should have taken 30 minutes or whatever took about 2 hours.

BHuber09
05-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah man haha dont do it unless you have time. I forgot how bad froyo was haha, i think i might actually flash one and go old school with it hahah. I think i might be here a while haha.

jeems
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I always wanted to be on zombiestomped because it sounded cool. By the time I rooted I was on GB and froyo and it were going by the wayside. maybe I should go hang out on froyo for a bit after all, haha.

jdcmusicman
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Is this new radio worth all the trouble...

Running Gummy Ics

milski65
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Is this new radio worth all the trouble...

Running Gummy Ics

If you have crappy reception where you use your phone the most, then I'd say yes. If you live someplace where you already have great reception, possibly not. But to sbf to froyo, flash zip, update to 602, and restore nandroid takes what should be a hour max. I've seen quite an improvement where I live (crappy reception). Your call.

jeems
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
If you have crappy reception where you use your phone the most, then I'd say yes. If you live someplace where you already have great reception, possibly not. But to sbf to froyo, flash zip, update to 602, and restore nandroid takes what should be a hour max. I've seen quite an improvement where I live (crappy reception). Your call.

Yeah, it's really not that much trouble and it is a quantifiable improvement. I didn't feel I needed to, but I had a little time so why not?

aypeeootrek
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I have a dumb question about getting back to gb. I sbfd for my second time since I rooted this morning due to bricking. I used the 1kds to 602. But after I did that I had to due a factory reset.was that only cause I bricked it? So I guess what I'm asking is after I sbf to froyo and reroot, do the 1kds but after its complete don't do a factory wipe?

Goose306
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I have a dumb question about getting back to gb. I sbfd for my second time since I rooted this morning due to bricking. I used the 1kds to 602. But after I did that I had to due a factory reset.was that only cause I bricked it? So I guess what I'm asking is after I sbf to froyo and reroot, do the 1kds but after its complete don't do a factory wipe?

Factory reset won't touch the radio. Only way for radio to be changed is via RSD Lite SBF, the TBH AIO (being as thats basically a radio updater and a system updater as the radio only flashes when on Froyo) and a seperate flashable such as this.

Factory reset is generally required when going an SBF. This is because an SBF doesn't touch the /data portion, and if you were running a custom ROM prior to the SBF there is likely a lot of stuff in there that won't be compatible with the stock system. But it has nothing to do with the radio.

Generally, if you SBF to Froyo to take this radio, there is really no reason you would ever lose it and have to go back to Froyo again. As long as you didn't do an RSD Lite SBF, or SBF back to Froyo and apply another radio update, it will be kept.

aypeeootrek
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks goose. Just trying to educate myself a lill bit for future references

towbiz
05-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks goose that's good info and i was wondering about that

BHuber09
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Im officially back on GB..
Thank you Goose. Im getting awesome data speeds with this new radio.

jeems
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Im officially back on GB..
Thank you Goose. Im getting awesome data speeds with this new radio.

Couldn't handle the frozen yogurt anymore, huh? :big smile:

BHuber09
05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Nope haha it was not as good as i remember haha.

Chocobubba
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Is there a way to flash this from a 2nd-init ICS rom, and if I use slot roms, will it update them?

Running Gummy 1.0.1/VorteX Reloaded

jeems
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Is there a way to flash this from a 2nd-init ICS rom, and if I use slot roms, will it update them?

No and yes. You have to SBF back to froyo in order for the flash to work so you can't flash directly from the 2nd-init rom. However, if you make a nandroid of your phone rom and restore it after you SBF back to .602 you will be on the .15p radio. You won't lose anything but time by doing this as long as you have your backups. Your slot roms will have the .15p radio, too.

Chocobubba
05-02-2012, 04:51 PM
No and yes. You have to SBF back to froyo in order for the flash to work so you can't flash directly from the 2nd-init rom. However, if you make a nandroid of your phone rom and restore it after you SBF back to .602 you will be on the .15p radio. You won't lose anything but time by doing this as long as you have your backups. Your slot roms will have the .15p radio, too.

So SBF to froyo, flash it and then do I need to update to. 602 before I restore? Also does battery life take a hit?

Goose306
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
So SBF to froyo, flash it and then do I need to update to. 602 before I restore? Also does battery life take a hit?

Yes for update. SBF backusing the 1KDS Live ISO so you retain the radio. Battery life is unaffected once done.

Sent from my MIUI Shadow

Chocobubba
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Yes for update. SBF backusing the 1KDS Live ISO so you retain the radio. Battery life is unaffected once done.

Sent from my MIUI Shadow

Wait, what?

Also, what does changing the radio do, like in technical terms, what is changed that makes it work better?

clothednblack
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait, what?

Also, what does changing the radio do, like in technical terms, what is changed that makes it work better?

Better signal, like an internal tower update. Stronger connection

teleported from my immortal DXtreme

elidog
05-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I've followed the instructions in the op and keep getting a blue triangle in place of my 3g signal. About Phone Baseband version says .15 is installed yet I am getting no signal. I'm sbf'inf froyo again and starting over.

BHuber09
05-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Call *228 option 1

FreeMyMoto!!!

elidog
05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm an idiot! Haha! Thanks!

...right in the middle of my sbf too...

Goose306
05-03-2012, 12:58 AM
So, here's my (so far untested) theory that's about half-baked in my head but fully assembled on my computer :)

So I extracted the Froyo kernels, etc. same with .602 kernels, etc.

So be on GB - go to CWM.

Flash Froyo kernel, recovery, etc.
Flash 15p radio
Flash GB kernel, recovery, etc.
???
Profit!?

There is someone who is actively attempting to brick his DX @Rootzwiki. I may ask him if he would be willing to test-dummy it. If possible that would be a pretty awesome breakthrough. I just don't know if leaving CWM is required for the recoveries, etc. of Froyo that allow radio flashes to initiate.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 01:02 AM
My mind is telling me to say "I will test it", but my phone is saying "don't you like me anymore?"
Wonder if it really could brick the diehard DX

Goose306
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Here's download:

15p_all_in_one.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?hc3gc2i1fwq527f)
MD5: B24EEB138A4A05980FA1705A1340F2AF

Pre-requisites: Be on .602. It may work from .605, but I'd rather try this theory as pure as possible and make sure it works before we start trying other things. (the kernel is the .602 kernel I extracted)

As this is untested, unless you are aware and willing to take risks, do not touch this. It should be relatively safe. Worst case scenario, you will probably need to SBF. But there is nothing in here that would break reversion or anything like that.

What you need to do:

Unzip the all_in_one file on your computer. You will get 3 separate .zips. Flash them in the number they are labeled. Wipes should not be required.

I highly doubt this would do any sort of hard-brick. We know over-writing all of these files is possible in CWM via the write_raw_image command. However, without leaving CWM the recoveries and whatnot that is need to flash the radio may not initialize. I don't know, as AFAIK this has never been done before... What that means is we may need to leave recovery and then re-enter to be able to run the 2nd and 3rd portions.

However, if so, then I don't see why you can't just perform the kernel flash, then flash a Froyo ROM (preferably 2nd-init as tends to cause less issues), boot, reboot into Recovery, flash Radio, flash GB kernel, then restore nandroid. Seems plausible to me. But, you may also break a ton of (bad things) so do at your own risk. Oh, and I'm going to bed right about now, so if you do want to try it right now know how to save yourself, por favor? lol.

***AS PER USUAL, I, NOR DXF, ARE RESPONSIBLE IF THIS CAUSES YOUR PHONE TO CATCH ON FIRE/BREAK/START WHISTLING SHOWTUNES***

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Downloading now, I am running vortex reloaded atm. I will extract and take the plunge. Get back to you soon

Goose306
05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Downloading now, I am running vortex reloaded atm. I will extract and take the plunge. Get back to you soon

Make sure you nandroid first, lol.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Already did, 30% to go

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Here it goes

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Sbf in the morning
assert failed:Motorola.update_CDMA_BP("/tmp/rdl.bin","tmp/bp.img")
status 7

first flash was good, failed on the 2nd. I will sbf in the morning and go from there, back to you Goose :-)

DirtyDroid
05-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Here it goes

Good luck CnB

Goose306
05-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Sbf in the morning
assert failed:Motorola.update_CDMA_BP("/tmp/rdl.bin","tmp/bp.img")
status 7

first flash was good, failed on the 2nd. I will sbf in the morning and go from there, back to you Goose :-)

Was this all in the same CWM session? If so you may try flashing a Froyo 2nd-init after the kernel flash (like the official CM7) then go back into recovery and try from there. I'm guessing the recoveries, etc. do not initialize until its been rebooted.

BTW if you can still/are still in CWM you probably shouldn't need to SBF. Flash the third file, as it'll replace those Froyo files you just wrote and effectively put you back on .602. Again, at least feasibly... :)

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I tried to reboot and lost cwr and yes it was all in the same session, I am now stuck at the boot screen, blue led gets me to boot menu but non of the fixes work so.....I will mess with it in the morning. Thanks for the info Goose

TideFan22
05-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Wow that was brave man.. lol

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 08:31 AM
sbf in progress, then I will try it again, only wont reboot after

jdcmusicman
05-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Well I got the radio flashed , I do have an extra signal bar now ,and does seem slightly better , BUt it was a pain to get there..sbfed to froyo , flashed the radio no problems , sbfed to gb with no problems , went to restore my nandroid of gummy , it wouldnt restore so i had to sbf again haha ,then reroot install gummy and restored everything thru tb..A pain but i think i was worth it , signal is better

milski65
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Well I got the radio flashed , I do have an extra signal bar now ,and does seem slightly better , BUt it was a pain to get there..sbfed to froyo , flashed the radio no problems , sbfed to gb with no problems , went to restore my nandroid of gummy , it wouldnt restore so i had to sbf again haha ,then reroot install gummy and restored everything thru tb..A pain but i think i was worth it , signal is better

Did you update cwm through rom manager before restoring nandroid? If not that was your problem.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Back up and running, don't have time atm to try the experiment again, I will later today.

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

elidog
05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the mod Goose. I'm getting great reception in my office which never happens.

jeems
05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Did you update cwm through rom manager before restoring nandroid? If not that was your problem.

I'll usually just flash a new rom and then get into cwm via the power menu, then restore my nandroid. I've had trouble getting it to stick through rom manager so I don't even usually try anymore, haha.

Goose306
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Back up and running, don't have time atm to try the experiment again, I will later today.

Thanks for the trial CnB. I have two different suggestions that might possibly work, when you get time.

The first would be to use a 2nd-init ROM as the baseline if you're going to be rebooting. The bootmenu/bootstrap may stick then, as 2nd-init Recovery did not change between Froyo and GB, as it did for the blur-based ROMs. So, you may try something like MIUI as the main ROM, boot into CWM, flash first .zip, reboot, grab blue LED, then try going back into recovery or using the bootmenu options to rebuild the recovery then go back in. I'm thinking as blur-based uses a bootstrap of the existing recovery, this gets broken when the new recoveries for Froyo are flashed. Just a guess as I can't experiment on it myself, but it would be my best guess.

If this fails it may come down to trying to flash a Froyo ROM such as the official CM7 then the kernel and ascertain if its possible to then get into a working ROM. One, this would be pretty sweet as it would mean if we want to go to Froyo we won't need to SBF. (Its effectively like the TBH AIO zip, but reversed) but instead integrating it into a secondary ROM. This would be feasibly possible, however CM7 does have checks in place in the updater-script to ensure its on the correct kernel before flashing. The Froyo kernel won't initialize without leaving CWM first, so its a bit of a catch-22 I believe. I would need to tear into the updater-script and see if I can find that check and pull it out.

Thanks again for your testing CnB, at least now we know nothing terrible will happen from flashing the Froyo kernels/etc. Now we just gotta get it working.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I will try the first option, I'm on miui now, so I will test asap :)

milski65
05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I'll usually just flash a new rom and then get into cwm via the power menu, then restore my nandroid. I've had trouble getting it to stick through rom manager so I don't even usually try anymore, haha.

Agree. Just under his circumstance he sbfed to 602 then tried to restore nandroid that was made on latest recovery which won't go well due to older recovery. If I understand his situation correctly.

jeems
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Agree. Just under his circumstance he sbfed to 602 then tried to restore nandroid that was made on latest recovery which won't go well due to older recovery. If I understand his situation correctly.

Yeah, I had the same thought as you, just giving another option. Wasn't trying to sound contradicting:)

milski65
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I had the same thought as you, just giving another option. Wasn't trying to sound contradicting:)

I didn't take it that way at all Jeems. It's all good. Definitely only way to go on the restore option is via power button. I don't do boot manager, so my mod to that is restoring one of my 6 nandroids ad lib. So many roms, so little time.

greevedogg
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks Goose for this! I just updated to the .15p radio this morning...I was running VorteX on .602, so I grabbed up 1KDS Live CD Froyo and .602 .isos and went to work! Took about an hour to figure everything back out, no problems, just haven't messed with my phone in quite a while. Had a little speed bump because I had forgotten a very important step...D2 bootstrap before trying to get back into CWR...All good tho!

Now I'm trying to figure out what ROM I want to flash now! Maybe I'll rock some stock GB for a bit...Or maybe VorteX Reloaded...I don't think I'm wanting to go ICS just yet....hmmmmmm.....

jeems
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I didn't take it that way at all Jeems. It's all good. Definitely only way to go on the restore option is via power button. I don't do boot manager, so my mod to that is restoring one of my 6 nandroids ad lib. So many roms, so little time.

coolio, so hard to get meaning over the internet sometimes it's good to clarify.

jdcmusicman
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah I made sure to do that it still failed

Running Gummy Ics

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 03:09 PM
My bootmenu is broken, can't use the fix options, so had to sbf again. Once I het that fixed, I will try again lol

Goose306
05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
My bootmenu is broken, can't use the fix options, so had to sbf again. Once I het that fixed, I will try again lol

Best of luck. It would be pretty awesome if it'd work. As they use the same recovery, and its a hijack.zip built into the ROM and not a bootstrap, I think it would feasibly work. But since I've never heard of anyone trying, then I don't know. I don't also think actually booting into a ROM would make a difference either besides possibly the ability to update CWM via ROM Manager, but effectively that is what boot menu is doing anyways when you run the fix, and after bootmenu the kernel has been initialized, which is what matters.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Bootmenu isn't broken, once step one is flashed, recovery isn't an option and fix recovery then reboot just takes me to a black screen and it sits there, so that's the issue.going into stock recovery takes me to froyo recovery I end up in a froyo limbo persia lol.

Goose306
05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Bootmenu isn't broken, once step one is flashed, recovery isn't an option and fix recovery then reboot just takes me to a black screen and it sits there, so that's the issue.going into stock recovery takes me to froyo recovery I end up in a froyo limbo persia lol.

Hmm. Well booting into a Froyo ROM would probably fix that, however by then you might as well perform the SBFs to recover, not really saving much time there, lol. I'm testing a new reversion method from .621 using write_raw_data to attempt to write the old bootloader to my phone and cdt which determines signature validation. We'll see where I go.

clothednblack
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I gave it my best, twice lol
Good luck

aypeeootrek
05-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Is the dl link down? I'm about to sbf to froyo but want to have the file first. I tried 3 times onto my phone from the forum app

edit* forget about it. i got it to d/l on my comp and ill just transfer it

girl921
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi, I'm just finishing up updating my radio to .15. Can I make a nandroid once .605 is done flashing, use that SD in my husband's rooted Droid x running .605, restore that nandroid (on his phone) and will he then have the new radio?

Thanks,
Lisa

jeems
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi, I'm just finishing up updating my radio to .15. Can I make a nandroid once .605 is done flashing, use that SD in my husband's rooted Droid x running .605, restore that nandroid (on his phone) and will he then have the new radio?

Thanks,
Lisa

That won't work. The radio is outside the nandroid. I restored my nandroid from before I updated and I am on 15P still.

girl921
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the speedy answer!

Cheers, Lisa

jeems
05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
np. good luck!

jdcmusicman
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Well I been using the new radio for 5 days now and must say my signal is better ,I have had no 3g drops at all..downloads are better, my phone is better, enough said.
Just want to say thanks to the guys that made this possible..

Gummy-nized DroidX

Scott26
05-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I just want to be sure I got this process down before I do it.

1. Back up via CWM
2. SBF to Froyo via 1DKS
3. Enter CWM
4. Install .15p antenna .zip
5. SBF to .605 via 1DKS
6. Enter CWM
7. Restore back up from step (1.)

Is that correct?

Thanks!

Brad92
05-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Looks good, but you will need to root using Z4 Root in between steps 2 and 3. Use D2 Bootstrap to enter CWM.

Onyx AOKP

Scott26
05-10-2012, 01:53 AM
The file when I tried to download it has a Trojan Horse attached. Any other safe downloads?

Brad92
05-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Here's a mirror:
http://db.tt/NHb0PKkf

Y'all can remove the link if you don't want it posted in here.

Onyx AOKP

Scott26
05-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Okay got to the end wiped data and cahce and now I am stuck on the red M logo... Battery pull and try again.

clothednblack
05-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Yep, factory reset is the key, I just did this and nandroid back to miui. 15p radio and all, thank you everyone for making this possible.

Scott26
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I guess the back up I did prior to changing the antenna was bad. I tried reflashing many times with no luck. But a fresh cm9 zip works fine with 15 antenna.

Sent from my DROIDX

jeems
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I guess the back up I did prior to changing the antenna was bad. I tried reflashing many times with no luck. But a fresh cm9 zip works fine with 15 antenna.

Sent from my DROIDX

Were you in the newest clockwork (blue text) when trying to restore?

aypeeootrek
05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I noticed my clockwork is green and i believe 5.0.2. I have the radio flashed already but how do I upgrade cwm?

Brad92
05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I noticed my clockwork is green and i believe 5.0.2. I have the radio flashed already but how do I upgrade cwm?

Green is 2.5.0.7. Blue is 5.0.2.0. You can try and flash the newest version of CWM using rom manager. Its never worked for me using Bootstrap

Onyx AOKP

aypeeootrek
05-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Nvm, it's blue. I flashed akop 35 this morning and it changed. I had gummy last night and it was green I believe

jeems
05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
mine is green if I look at it from the right (wrong?) angle :)

AZDroid
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I'll have to do this. I've never flashed froyo so that will be fun in and of itself. GB ota came out right when I got my phone. I think I had froyo for about 10 minutes.

My thoughts exactly!! ^^ +1

Thx Goose & Thx CnB for testing. Nice to see this very useful mod surface outta the crud that was 621. ~~AzzE

Onethumb
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I gotta get this radio installed if you guys say it helps with the connection jumping from 1x to 3G. I have that problem all day when I'm at work. So far I understand all the steps except for the 1kds ISO disc method I'm more familiar with RSD lite way of sbf'ing. I also see that over on rootz someone posted a zip of rooted .621 and I was wondering if I decide to use that zip what roms are working on it.

Heres what I'm thinking of doing. loading that rooted .621 to get the radio then use rom manager to flash a nandroid backup. But I'm thinking if I do that it will just revert to the old radio.

sent from mars. via tapatalk of course

clothednblack
05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I gotta get this radio installed if you guys say it helps with the connection jumping from 1x to 3G. I have that problem all day when I'm at work. So far I understand all the steps except for the 1kds ISO disc method I'm more familiar with RSD lite way of sbf'ing. I also see that over on rootz someone posted a zip of rooted .621 and I was wondering if I decide to use that zip what roms are working on it.

Heres what I'm thinking of doing. loading that rooted .621 to get the radio then use rom manager to flash a nandroid backup. But I'm thinking if I do that it will just revert to the old radio.

I would use .602 or .605, not much out for .621. 1kds is easy. Download,burn as iso,load in pc,turn pc off then back on,follow onscreen instructions

Goose306
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM

Radios aren't included in nandroids. Neither of the rooted .621s posted @Rootz would have the 15p radio. The ONLY way to update radio is by flashing in CWM when on Froyo or via SBF. There IS an RSD Lite SBF for .621, that's how I got to it, this will update your radio, however it will be stock unrooted, you will then have to follow .621 standard root procedures (Milestone X SBF via Linux/1KDS disk, then kernel updates, etc.) it will honestly be easier to SBF to Froyo, then SBF back to GB. Even if you did the .621 SBF via RSD Lite you will follow it up with another SBF to get to a rootable state. Either way you are going to be doing two SBFs, however one will let you revert if you want, and make it so you don't have to patch certain ROMs otherwise they will brick you (*hint* its .602/.605 ;) ) The only other advantage on .621 is the kernel which seems to have a bit better multi-tasking and performance, but this is also YMMV, and you're going into a lot more of a pain in the butt method.

Onethumb
05-10-2012, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Goose306;560326]Radios aren't included in nandroids. Neither of the rooted .621s posted @Rootz would have the 15p radio. The ONLY way to update radio is by flashing in CWM when on Froyo or via SBF. There IS an RSD Lite SBF for .621, that's how I got to it, this will update your radio, however it will be stock unrooted, you will then have to follow .621 standard root procedures (Milestone X SBF via Linux/1KDS disk, then kernel updates, etc.) it will honestly be easier to SBF to Froyo, then SBF back to GB. Even if you did the .621 SBF via RSD Lite you will follow it up with another SBF to get to a rootable state. Either way you are going to be doing two SBFs, however one will let you revert if you want, and make it so you don't have to patch certain ROMs otherwise they will brick you (*hint* its .602/.605 ;) ) The only other advantage on .621 is the kernel which seems to have a bit better multi-tasking and performance, but this is also YMMV, and you're going into a lot more of a pain in the butt method.[/QUOTE

How would you not get that radio when your flashing .621 granted its a rooted and deodexed version its still the .621 base. I think it said if you use that zip you would be stuck on .621 and unable to sbf back to .605 big reason I don't want to go this direction.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Goose306;560326]Radios aren't included in nandroids. Neither of the rooted .621s posted @Rootz would have the 15p radio. The ONLY way to update radio is by flashing in CWM when on Froyo or via SBF. There IS an RSD Lite SBF for .621, that's how I got to it, this will update your radio, however it will be stock unrooted, you will then have to follow .621 standard root procedures (Milestone X SBF via Linux/1KDS disk, then kernel updates, etc.) it will honestly be easier to SBF to Froyo, then SBF back to GB. Even if you did the .621 SBF via RSD Lite you will follow it up with another SBF to get to a rootable state. Either way you are going to be doing two SBFs, however one will let you revert if you want, and make it so you don't have to patch certain ROMs otherwise they will brick you (*hint* its .602/.605 ;) ) The only other advantage on .621 is the kernel which seems to have a bit better multi-tasking and performance, but this is also YMMV, and you're going into a lot more of a pain in the butt method.[/QUOTE

How would you not get that radio when your flashing .621 granted its a rooted and deodexed version its still the .621 base. I think it said if you use that zip you would be stuck on .621 and unable to sbf back to .605 big reason I don't want to go this direction.

The .621 flashable doesn't have the radio included. Regardless even if it did it wouldn't work unless you SBF'd to Froyo first. Radios ONLY take via CWM IF you are on Froyo. Otherwise, RSD Lite to .621. However either method is going to involve two SBF's, so why get yourself stuck on the new version when you have options and choices? Unless you want the new kernel, of course. But either way is going to involve two SBF's if you want a rooted version with .621, just the way it is.

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=Onethumb;560332]

The .621 flashable doesn't have the radio included. Regardless even if it did it wouldn't work unless you SBF'd to Froyo first. Radios ONLY take via CWM IF you are on Froyo. Otherwise, RSD Lite to .621. However either method is going to involve two SBF's, so why get yourself stuck on the new version when you have options and choices? Unless you want the new kernel, of course. But either way is going to involve two SBF's if you want a rooted version with .621, just the way it is.

Thanks goose. Very much appreciated. Guess I was hoping for an easier way. Looks like I have a weekend project

Goose306
05-11-2012, 02:01 AM
I could probably modify the TBH .602 AIO to include the 15p radio and call it good. You'd still have to SBF to Froyo, but SBF to GB wouldn't be needed after. I'll look at that option as well. I tried a 3-part .zip (where you flashed Froyo kernel, then .15p radio, then GB kernel) issue was you had to leave CWM for it to go into effect (the Froyo kernel, that is). If I had a willing tester I would integrate that kernel into the CM7 official build and see if they could boot out of recovery. If so then SBF wouldn't be necessary, just flash one kernel/ROM, boot out and into ROM, boot into recovery, flash radio, flash AIO, reboot out to stock GB, then flash nandroid. But the Froyo kernel/reboot out of recovery is the part I'm not sure about, and the most likely to break stuff. I could pretty easily put the .15p radio into the TBH AIO and then you'd just have to go to Froyo then flash the AIO and you'd be back to 15p with GB without a secondary SBF.

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 02:39 AM
I could probably modify the TBH .602 AIO to include the 15p radio and call it good. You'd still have to SBF to Froyo, but SBF to GB wouldn't be needed after. I'll look at that option as well. I tried a 3-part .zip (where you flashed Froyo kernel, then .15p radio, then GB kernel) issue was you had to leave CWM for it to go into effect (the Froyo kernel, that is). If I had a willing tester I would integrate that kernel into the CM7 official build and see if they could boot out of recovery. If so then SBF wouldn't be necessary, just flash one kernel/ROM, boot out and into ROM, boot into recovery, flash radio, flash AIO, reboot out to stock GB, then flash nandroid. But the Froyo kernel/reboot out of recovery is the part I'm not sure about, and the most likely to break stuff. I could pretty easily put the .15p radio into the TBH AIO and then you'd just have to go to Froyo then flash the AIO and you'd be back to 15p with GB without a secondary SBF.

That would be pretty epic imo.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I may have found a way to revert to Froyo without an SBF... which means we can cheat the system. But I need to look at an AIO, which is unfortunately unavailable to me. So I'm asking for help. Does anyone have the TBH .340 monster zip? This is the AIO to return to Froyo. I have the paid TBH app however they are no longer hosting this file on their servers so I do not have access to it. If anyone does currently have it I would appreciate a link, otherwise I'll email TBH and see if I can get a response there. I tried searching @MDW too but it appears those links have been taken down.

clothednblack
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I may have found a way to revert to Froyo without an SBF... which means we can cheat the system. But I need to look at an AIO, which is unfortunately unavailable to me. So I'm asking for help. Does anyone have the TBH .340 monster zip? This is the AIO to return to Froyo. I have the paid TBH app however they are no longer hosting this file on their servers so I do not have access to it. If anyone does currently have it I would appreciate a link, otherwise I'll email TBH and see if I can get a response there. I tried searching @MDW too but it appears those links have been taken down.

I'm sure I have it at home on my desktop, but check this out,
http://goo.im/private/cvpcs/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip

Goose306
05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm sure I have it at home on my desktop, but check this out,
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip (http://goo.im/private/cvpcs/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip)

Nice. Pretty sure that's the 2nd-init version of the Monster AIO. I'll check it. That would actually be preferable as 2nd-init recovery (CWM) didn't change between Froyo and GB.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Here's half of it, if anyone is going to the 15p radio or wants to test it:

Basically, I just put the .15p radio in the .605 AIO.

I also changed the extension on the blur_updater to .bak (freezing it)

So, if you want to get the .15p radio, you just need to SBF to Froyo, root, bootstrap, then just flash this .zip. Wallah! You should be back on .605 GB rooted with .15p radio and the blur_updater frozen so you don't need to worry about .621.

Credits go to TBH for original AIO, I just modified it to meet my/our needs.

You will still have to SBF to Froyo first, at least until I get my hands on the monster .zip. Actually, I'm pretty sure I may be able to do that myself even without the monster .zip just by sideloading a Froyo ROM with the kernel, but I can't test it so I'm a bit wary to build it until I can confirm my suspicions. However, this is a crucial step, and should speed up the process of going to 15p radio by about 20 minutes. Do the usual ROM wipes (data, cache, dalvik)

*Don't download below, still busted*

As per usual, I nor DXF are responsible for what you do with your phone. Once I get confirmation this works, I'll add it to the OP.

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM

So, if you want to get the .15p radio, you just need to SBF to Froyo, root, bootstrap, then just flash this .zip. Wallah! You should be back on .605 GB rooted with .15p radio and the blur_updater frozen so you don't need to worry about .621.

You will still have to SBF to Froyo first, at least until I get my hands on the monster .zip. Actually, I'm pretty sure I may be able to do that myself even without the monster .zip just by sideloading a Froyo ROM with the kernel, but I can't test it so I'm a bit wary to build it until I can confirm my suspicions. However, this is a crucial step, and should speed up the process of going to 15p radio by about 20 minutes. Do the usual ROM wipes (data, cache, dalvik)

As per usual, I nor DXF are responsible for what you do with your phone. Once I get confirmation this works, I'll add it to the OP.

Goose you are the man. I'm definitely trying this when I get home tonight.

clothednblack
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Guess that one worked for you, for now. I will check fir the monster zip after work.

Aptiva
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Did my update last night using the .340 and .605 1KDS isos in vmware and my camera stopped working completely. I figure I just borked the install somehow. If I go to settings - about phone it shows the 15p radio

Sent from my 1.3GHz Droid X / Liberty v3 2.0

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Unable to download goose. Media fire must be down. I'm hanging at a white screen when I try n dl

Goose306
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Unable to download goose. Media fire must be down. I'm hanging at a white screen when I try n dl

Via phone or PC? I've heard of mediafire issues when trying to download via phone.

Sent from my Super Shadow MIUI

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Via phone or PC? I've heard of mediafire issues when trying to download via phone.

Yup trying on my phone.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I got a copy of the monster zip, thanks to bobcaruso @Rootz. Gonna do some mods and see if I can get it booting. If so, I plan on putting in the hijacked bootmenu. Then we can - reboot to CWM, flash AIO, catch bootmenu, go back to recovery, flash AIO, and be done. If it all works as planned. Don't have much time to mess with it before work, but I'll see what I can do.

Wizard0f0s
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I got a copy of the monster zip, thanks to bobcaruso @Rootz. Gonna do some mods and see if I can get it booting. If so, I plan on putting in the hijacked bootmenu. Then we can - reboot to CWM, flash AIO, catch bootmenu, go back to recovery, flash AIO, and be done. If it all works as planned. Don't have much time to mess with it before work, but I'll see what I can do.

Now that sounds like a plan. If you run into any issues with bootmenu let me know.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Alright peeps, so here's the plan:

I integrated Wiz's bootmenu into an old CM 7.1 MONSTER from cpvcs. I also did some mods so it will (hopefully) wipe system as that was not included in the original updater-script.

So, what you should do, is download both the .zips below. Boot into recovery, do a nandroid. Wipe data/cache/dalvik (the usual)

Flash the CM 7.1 Part 1 zip.

Reboot out.

Grab the bootmenu on startup (blue LED)

Go back into recovery.

Wipe data/cache/dalvik (the usual)

Flash the 605 aio/radio zip

Reboot out

????

Profit!

BTW, I have no idea if this works. I'm trying to minimize possible issues by trying it with a 2nd-init ROM first and side-loading the ROM, so worst case scenario you can still get into the OS. Froyo uses the same 2nd-init recovery so it *should* work, but there is some unknown variables here, like putting the bootmenu on Froyo hasn't been tested yet. If your the first tester I'd recommend being near a PC in case you need to SBF. Feasibly if this works I may just be able to make a froyo kernel flash and bootmenu zip without the ROM, so the downloads will be significantly smaller. But, if you want to try this, it would be greatly appreciated, I can't test it as I'm on .621.

Per the usual: not responsible for what you do to your phone. This includes me and DXF.

Now, the good stuff:

CM 7.1 Kernel and Bootmenu

Download: cm_7.1_froyo_bm_goose-part1.zip
(http://www.mediafire.com/?inkflfdai0b6r6k)
MD5: 1A0F4402CCB9FF39905CB79AB7185041

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm down for giving it a shot. Only bummer is I have to wait 8 hours to home. Curse you employment. Curse you

Onethumb
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Ok goose got another radio question for ya. Can a provider say Verizon for example change the amount of signal they are sending out. Say radio 13 gets its update to 15 can they focus on sending stronger frequency to the 15 instead of 13.

Wizard0f0s
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM

I integrated Wiz's bootmenu into an old CM 7.1 MONSTER from cpvcs. I also did some mods so it will (hopefully) wipe system as that was not included in the original updater-script.

So, what you should do, is download both the .zips below. Boot into recovery, do a nandroid. Wipe data/cache/dalvik (the usual)

Reboot out.

Go back into recovery.

Reboot out

????

Profit!

BTW, I have no idea if this works. I'm trying to minimize possible issues by trying it with a 2nd-init ROM first and side-loading the ROM, so worst case scenario you can still get into the OS. Froyo uses the same 2nd-init recovery so it *should* work, but there is some unknown variables here, like putting the bootmenu on Froyo hasn't been tested yet. If your the first tester I'd recommend being near a PC in case you need to SBF. Feasibly if this works I may just be able to make a froyo kernel flash and bootmenu zip without the ROM, so the downloads will be significantly smaller. But, if you want to try this, it would be greatly appreciated, I can't test it as I'm on .621.

Per the usual: not responsible for what you do to your phone. This includes me and DXF.

Now, the good stuff:

Goose, if you could have the CM install script place a file called ".bootmenu" in /data, it will stop at bootmenu during the first boot. Putting a file called ".recovery_mode" will force it directly into cwr as well.

Goose306
05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Goose, if you could have the CM install script place a file called ".bootmenu" in /data, it will stop at bootmenu during the first boot. Putting a file called ".recovery_mode" will force it directly into cwr as well.

I'll look at that post-work. Thanks Wizard. Anything special needed in file or can it just be a blank file?

Wizard0f0s
05-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I'll look at that post-work. Thanks Wizard. Anything special needed in file or can it just be a blank file?

It can be blank. HijackedBootmenu just looks to see if the file exists. Most scripts echo a 1 into it, but it isn't actually opened and read anywhere.

Edit - Grr, autocorrect. Just hijack, not the full thing. Neither mine nor the gb hijack actually read the file. I haven't looked at froyo, but I doubt they would remove that is it had been there before

snoop5
05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
im going to try this now will let you know what happens, i really need the 15 radio, worse case ill just have to sbf right? as this is my daily phone...

Goose306
05-11-2012, 04:19 PM
It can be blank. HijackedBootmenu just looks to see if the file exists. Most scripts echo a 1 into it, but it isn't actually opened and read anywhere.

Edit - Grr, autocorrect. Just hijack, not the full thing. Neither mine nor the gb hijack actually read the file. I haven't looked at froyo, but I doubt they would remove that is it had been there before

This is getting the wheels in my head a turning. Lets see if this works, if it does then it may not be necessary to wipe ROM to get new radio...

snoop5
05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
This is getting the wheels in my head a turning. Lets see if this works, if it does then it may not be necessary to wipe ROM to get new radio...

Sent from my Super Shadow MIUI hey dude looks like a no go.....been sitting at froyo M for about 7 minutes oh well guess ill be sbfing................ may as well do the 1kds now

Goose306
05-11-2012, 05:51 PM
hey dude looks like a no go.....been sitting at froyo M for about 7 minutes oh well guess ill be sbfing................ may as well do the 1kds now

Did you get the bootmenu blue led?

DroidXFanatic
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Everything is working fine for me after flashing this and sbf to 602 with the linux method but im sorta curious on something. This was my first time using the Linux way to sbf and I was surprised that all my apps and even my screen saver was still intact after the sbf. The only thing I needed to do was root and install VorteX like regular. Is that normal?

Sent from my DROIDX

snoop5
05-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Did you get the bootmenu blue led?

Sent from my Super Shadow MIUI no sir it never came up just stuck at the m and im still trying to burn the 1kds disk SMH having major tech issues tonight....:excited:

Aptiva
05-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey Goose if you still need testers for all this, I'm down to brick my phone. While my X is the everyday driver, I can afford to SBF a few times for the greater good :)

I don't even have to leave windows to use the linux method. <3 VMWare

Goose306
05-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey Goose if you still need testers for all this, I'm down to brick my phone. While my X is the everyday driver, I can afford to SBF a few times for the greater good :)

I don't even have to leave windows to use the linux method. <3 VMWare

Lol. I have to look at it tonite/tomorrow. At work ATM. Thanks though. Its agitating not being able to test it myself and see what's going on.

snoop5
05-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Lol. I have to look at it tonite/tomorrow. At work ATM. Thanks though. Its agitating not being able to test it myself and see what's going on.

Sent from my Super Shadow MIUI no problem, if i havent made my disc yet ill test again for ya, i ve been without my phone for almost 3 hours im a bout to pass out :omg:

snoop5
05-12-2012, 12:17 AM

*Don't download below, still busted*

As per usual, I nor DXF are responsible for what you do with your phone. Once I get confirmation this works, I'll add it to the OP. hey bro this half works....lol

Goose306
05-12-2012, 09:07 AM
hey bro this half works....lol

Haha, cool. That's the easy part so I figured that one would. I'm a bit more worried about groing GB -> Froyo in CWM than Froyo -> GB. Upgrades are easy, downgrades are difficult. :( Thanks for letting me know though.

Onethumb
05-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Goose i need some help i sbf'ed this morning to .340 and got my z4 root but when i went to the market to get my d2 bootstrap back it says all my paid apps aren't paid for. i had to change my google password yesterday since someone in saudi arabia tried to hack it i guess. any idea on how to get all my paid apps back so i can finish this radio process.

Goose306
05-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Goose i need some help i sbf'ed this morning to .340 and got my z4 root but when i went to the market to get my d2 bootstrap back it says all my paid apps aren't paid for. i had to change my google password yesterday since someone in saudi arabia tried to hack it i guess. any idea on how to get all my paid apps back so i can finish this radio process.

No idea. It sounds like a Google issue. Market data is backed up on their servers. That's why you can have multiple devices getting your paid apps without having to repay on all of them.

DroidXFanatic
05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Before flashing the .15 Radio I was getting like 1.0-1.5 MBPS download speeds when I last tested my speeds on my PC, Its gone up to this and now when I stream online video there's no lag or buffering. Just wanted to share.....26002

Onethumb
05-12-2012, 04:06 PM
SUCCESS.....man I can thank you enough for this zip and what you do for us Dx owners. Thank you. Also figured out my google issue, had to download all my paid apps from the old market before updating to play store.

Psychosis
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Reboot out.

Go back into recovery.

Reboot out

????

Profit!

Now, the good stuff:

So, just to confirm. I am rooted on the Vortex RC1 rom and .605 . If I want to update my radio the above method will work and then I can just flash the Vortex RC1 rom back? I don't think the vortex rom will put the old radio back on will it? Also, I have been out of the loop for a while, so to get to the bootmenu I press Vol - when blue led comes on?

Thanks

clothednblack
05-12-2012, 09:40 PM
So, just to confirm. I am rooted on the Vortex RC1 rom and .605 . If I want to update my radio the above method will work and then I can just flash the Vortex RC1 rom back? I don't think the vortex rom will put the old radio back on will it? Also, I have been out of the loop for a while, so to get to the bootmenu I press Vol - when blue led comes on?

Thanks

Rom's don't have a radio included so no worries on that part,and yes to bootmenu with volume down at blue led, can't help with the rest

Goose306
05-12-2012, 10:28 PM

Thanks

The CM 7.1 portion is broken ATM. If you SBF to froyo first though and then flash the second part all will be well. Do a nandroid first and restore it when back. OP has been updated with that info (generally that's where you will find a summary of the latest findings as I'm just posting test stuff and if it works it gets added to the OP)

Onethumb
05-13-2012, 01:32 AM
So I have a problem goose. I used the above method of sbf then flash your .605 with the radio zip. Well after I got it all set up I flashed beantown's newest miui for Dx and now I can't get into any recovery methods, even holding home n power leads to a black screen and stuck at boot logo but if I pull battery and turn it back on it boots fine just no recovery method.

Goose306
05-13-2012, 08:06 AM
So I have a problem goose. I used the above method of sbf then flash your .605 with the radio zip. Well after I got it all set up I flashed beantown's newest miui for Dx and now I can't get into any recovery methods, even holding home n power leads to a black screen and stuck at boot logo but if I pull battery and turn it back on it boots fine just no recovery method.

You try updating recovery in ROM Manager? (Droid X 2nd-init)? If you had recovery prior to flashing the ROM (I assume so since you were able to flash it) the the ROM or some other step broke it.

milski65
05-13-2012, 08:40 AM
You try updating recovery in ROM Manager? (Droid X 2nd-init)? If you had recovery prior to flashing the ROM (I assume so since you were able to flash it) the the ROM or some other step broke it.

I had same situation some time ago flashing a test build for wiz using my 605 tbh aio nandroid No matter what I did I couldn't get in to recovery. Sbf'd to 602 root eventually and was able to get to cwm. I think there is a way to do something with the hijack folder or something like that to get back the cwm screen, but I don't know what it is. I could be talking about something completely different. If so sorry.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Goose306
05-13-2012, 08:48 AM
For both of you - did you try to flash the ROM in recovery before exiting recovery? If so that is probably the cause of it. You need to come out of the AIO and let it boot the ROM (the .605 straight) first then bootstrap. The AIO doesn't have bootstrap installed and/or hijack symlinked as CWM is proprietary files (i.e. they cost $$ so I can't put them in there). If you flashed it directly after the AIO in the same CWM session (though I wouldn't think it would let you as the GB kernel hadn't initialized yet) then that could feasibly cause those issues. In which case yes an SBF is in order as I'm not sure of a way to directly set up the logwrapper for 2nd-init properly... regardless it would need an updater-script which means it would probably need to be flashed anyways though, which you can't do if you can't get into CWM.

EDIT: Using root explorer, do you have a file under /system/bin named logwrapper? Also in the same directory do you have hijack?

milski65
05-13-2012, 09:40 AM
For me it was restoring my 605 aio nandroid, opening rom manager, update to 5.0.2.0 2nd init, then go directly in to recovery and flash. I know it was a good nandroid due to flashing other roms without issue. In the end wiz suggested the 602 route. Did that and flashed rom without issue. I've since gotten rid of the aio nandroid on both of my X's.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Onethumb
05-13-2012, 10:50 AM
For both of you - did you try to flash the ROM in recovery before exiting recovery? If so that is probably the cause of it. You need to come out of the AIO and let it boot the ROM (the .605 straight) first then bootstrap. The AIO doesn't have bootstrap installed and/or hijack symlinked as CWM is proprietary files (i.e. they cost $$ so I can't put them in there). If you flashed it directly after the AIO in the same CWM session (though I wouldn't think it would let you as the GB kernel hadn't initialized yet) then that could feasibly cause those issues. In which case yes an SBF is in order as I'm not sure of a way to directly set up the logwrapper for 2nd-init properly... regardless it would need an updater-script which means it would probably need to be flashed anyways though, which you can't do if you can't get into CWM.

EDIT: Using root explorer, do you have a file under /system/bin named logwrapper? Also in the same directory do you have hijack?

Yes I do have both of them files. Idk I've tried every possible way to get into cwm and it fails. I have a feeling in gonna have to sbf n start over again.

neOwb
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM

Did you try pressing volume down when the blue led comes on during the boot logo? If that does it then select recovery at the bootmenu

Edit: wow that was kinda late, guess I shoulda checked the time on the first post lol

Onethumb
05-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Did you try pressing volume down when the blue led comes on during the boot logo? If that does it then select recovery at the bootmenu

Edit: wow that was kinda late, guess I shoulda checked the time on the first post lol

Lol no problem goose. Yea every time I tried to get into cmw it would hang at the boot logo. I think I forgot to update in rom manager to the 2nd init cmw when I switched to miui v4

snoop5
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Lol no problem goose. Yea every time I tried to get into cmw it would hang at the boot logo. I think I forgot to update in rom manager to the 2nd init cmw when I switched to miui v4

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 that may not be the problem it may be rom manager not playing good with the 15 radio, becasue i did do the 2nd init option and still cant get back into recovery and the only one i had was the green one............wondering....... guess ill be sbfing again, but the 15 radio is a lot better reception wise at least in my area

Goose306
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
that may not be the problem it may be rom manager not playing good with the 15 radio, becasue i did do the 2nd init option and still cant get back into recovery and the only one i had was the green one............wondering....... guess ill be sbfing again, but the 15 radio is a lot better reception wise at least in my area

15p radio plays fine with ROM Manager. I've been using it and there is plenty of others who are using it with no issues... if you had the green one that was not the 2nd-init recovery. Droid 2 Bootstrap is green and that is only with the older versions, the newer versions are blue as well.

And as Onethumb said, not all 2nd-init ROMs contain the 2nd-init recovery. I would check your download/MD5, but if you chose 2nd-init Recovery in ROM Manager prior, and then used the Power Menu options to reboot into recovery, and you still had the green recovery and/or no recovery, there is something else wrong. The 15p radio will have nothing to do with CWM, I can gaurantee that at least.

snoop5
05-15-2012, 04:52 PM
15p radio plays fine with ROM Manager. I've been using it and there is plenty of others who are using it with no issues... if you had the green one that was not the 2nd-init recovery. Droid 2 Bootstrap is green and that is only with the older versions, the newer versions are blue as well.

And as Onethumb said, not all 2nd-init ROMs contain the 2nd-init recovery. I would check your download/MD5, but if you chose 2nd-init Recovery in ROM Manager prior, and then used the Power Menu options to reboot into recovery, and you still had the green recovery and/or no recovery, there is something else wrong. The 15p radio will have nothing to do with CWM, I can gaurantee that at least. ok thanks man i going to sbf now and try this again i was on the 15 radio for a couple days and i was tryin to get the blue one cause i knew i couldnt download a backup from the green when i backed it up from the blue just wondering what in the world is going on. i flashed Gummy right after the .15 radio i dont know.....i dont mind sbfing so im good........have you worked on the other fix yet im willing to try again.

Goose306
05-15-2012, 05:00 PM
ok thanks man i going to sbf now and try this again i was on the 15 radio for a couple days and i was tryin to get the blue one cause i knew i couldnt download a backup from the green when i backed it up from the blue just wondering what in the world is going on. i flashed Gummy right after the .15 radio i dont know.....i dont mind sbfing so im good........have you worked on the other fix yet im willing to try again.

Nah not really, just that AIO in the OP for when you come back up from Froyo. Life's been busy last few days, only had a couple moments to hop on and off. I'mma look into it a bit further later, just a bit frustrating as I can't test it myself, hook up to my computer and pull a logcat when its booting to see why CWM is failing when the bootmenu loads on Froyo and other stuff.

snoop5
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Nah not really, just that AIO in the OP for when you come back up from Froyo. Life's been busy last few days, only had a couple moments to hop on and off. I'mma look into it a bit further later, just a bit frustrating as I can't test it myself, hook up to my computer and pull a logcat when its booting to see why CWM is failing when the bootmenu loads on Froyo and other stuff. oh thats cool bro i know you will figure it out

fasthair
05-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Is this checksum correct? I've DL the zip twice and can't get a good checksum. Using WinMD5Free to check with.

Edit: I get this same checksum every time (3rd DL now) Yes I'm DL with my desktop.

145f800ab8cc0c1d3dba8a0d2fc9e1dc

fasthair

DirtyDroid
05-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Is this checksum correct? I've DL the zip twice and can't get a good checksum. Using WinMD5Free to check with.

Edit: I get this same checksum every time (3rd DL now) Yes I'm DL with my desktop.

145f800ab8cc0c1d3dba8a0d2fc9e1dc

fasthair

no, the md5 is in the op

B24EEB138A4A05980FA1705A1340F2AF

fasthair
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
no, the md5 is in the op

B24EEB138A4A05980FA1705A1340F2AF

I guess I didnt word that right. I was wondering if the checksum changed because I cant get my downlods to match what is in the OP. I keep getting the same value that I posted above. I even tried a DL on my tablet with the same results. I would really like to flash this to see if it helps my phone.
fasthair

Goose306
05-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Someone else @Rootz reported the same issue. I'm re-downloading it now to check. When I first put it up the MD5 was right, perhaps Mediafire changed servers or something and it got screwed up. I'll check.

Goose306
05-19-2012, 02:35 PM
@Fasthair I copy-pasta'd the incorrect MD5 the first time. I just re-downloaded it and verified the MD5 against the version on my PC, correct MD5 is:

145F800AB8CC0C1D3DBA8A0D2FC9E1DC

Updated OP as well.

fasthair
05-19-2012, 02:38 PM
@Fasthair I copy-pasta'd the incorrect MD5 the first time. I just re-downloaded it and verified the MD5 against the version on my PC, correct MD5 is:

145F800AB8CC0C1D3DBA8A0D2FC9E1DC

Updated OP as well.

Thanks Goose!!! Time to get started :)

fasthair

wrongitdoo
05-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I followed the rules as written by Goose306 and afterwards couldn't reboot into clockwork recovery at all. What's the deal? Did I miss a step?

newmanx4
05-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Did you run D2 Bootstrap?

Goose306
05-30-2012, 07:32 AM

Wondering this myself. Check the OP. I had a few people @Rootz report the same issue, after flashing they couldn't access CWM, doing a clean linux SBF to .602/.605 (the original way) always resolved it. So if you can't get it working do that. However did you do the steps in OP (flash the AIO, then boot into the stock .605, use D2 Bootstrapper, Bootstrap Recovery, update via ROM Manager to latest D2 Bootstrap, then Boot into Recovery using ROM Manager)? This should re-run the bootstrap and make the logwrapper work, the people @Rootz who were having issues were flashing the AIO then attempting to flash/restore nandroid of ROM via CWM before even leaving CWM after the AIO was flashed. While it'll take, it'll break all sorts of things as the new system needs to have the logwrapper placed on the recovery to re-enter CWM.

wrongitdoo
05-31-2012, 02:39 AM

Yeah, the absent-minded android user in me was using the DX bootstrap. :P The D2 helped the medicine go down! Thanks newmanx4!

Chunkerz
06-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I flashed the .15p radio successfully, but I have a question. After flashing the radio it seems to have updated me to .605 Gingerbread. I thought it would just keep me on Froyo? I was kind of hoping it would keep me on Froyo because I like Froyo better than GB (I'm weird, I know....)

Edit- Well I just flashed the .621 modded from RootzWiki, so I guess I'm stuck with GB now!

DroidXFanatic
06-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Already had tried the older .15 install file but I tried the newer 605 all in one zip and it installed perfectly fine only I had the same issue as a previous user I could not get into recovery any way. Tried D2 bootstrap, rom manager but it was just a no go. Ended up doing Linux sbf .602 and rooted then installed from there. Not really a hassle as getting this updated radio is perfectly worth it even if its an extra step. Thanks for putting this together just wanted to point that out.

Sent from my DROIDX

silver04v
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I just used the radio update only that came out first, before the aio. Worked great from froyo, then just sbfd to 602. Then installed gummy. I figured with talk about recovery being broke and having to sbf anyways more than likely, why not just do the radio file only. Worked great.

DroidXFanatic
06-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I just used the radio update only that came out first, before the aio. Worked great from froyo, then just sbfd to 602. Then installed gummy. I figured with talk about recovery being broke and having to sbf anyways more than likely, why not just do the radio file only. Worked great.

I think ill use the old file next time too that I still have saved on my PC. The .605 aio is nice though if you plan on running stock since everything seems to run well & has the updates blocked so it's just the recovery issue.

Sent from my DROIDX

DroidXFanatic
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Anyone who is having slow 3G & download speeds that is rooted really needs to install this radio. I'm running Liberty 3V2.0 and my X has never been this fast & feels like I have a newer fancy phone. Highly recommended!

Sent from my DROIDX

The persuader
06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Wizard...
Just an FYI... Since I've been on Juice Defender, adjusted a few Widgets... Battery Life is very much better than I expected... Today's usage was average... Maybe a little less than but I'm cranking at 72% since 6:30 am
after disconnecting from my USB... Plus my Batteries are Old to boot...

So, "All Is Good Under The Hood"

Thanks for your Wisdom to resolve.

It's Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "

draccocain
06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
hey goose this work great i had no issues what so ever .i ran everything from my pavilion dv7 64bit win 7 and downloaded using 64bit waterfox browser. the most trouble i had was drivers for windows. i had to uninstal all motorola everything and used an old copy of motorola end user driver 4.6 instaler. but that has to be a windows issue. my DX has not let me down . i even flashedliquid remix 3.2.1 zip from rootzwiki and its the most stable rom i have messed with ever.i ve progamed my DX for metropcs using cdma 3.8 and qpst and have had the easiest time with it all ever. thank you for all your hard work and all the other developers who believe that when you own any device you should have control of what you want on that device . i ve learned everything from these forums , droidx , xda, howard forums, cdma gurus, android central. androidforums , fdroid, andn developerandroid.com . theres a few more i m sure i m forgeting but thank you all for the dedication and the availiabilty you all have made for us all.
thanx again , from me Steevo on his DX

dweezle
06-29-2012, 02:45 AM
I am on rooted, stock, .605 w/ baseband .13P. I am unfamiliar with SBF except by using the Linux ISO disc method. I would like to get the .15p radio but am uncomfortable trying it cold. The description here seems like it is mostly for users with more experience flashing ROMs. Would someone be willing to do a how-to for this process written in newbie-speak. I have just done a nandroid backup using Droid 2 bootstrap and I have used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to save root. I could use some hand held help with doing this.
Thanks

Nemo aeternamn
06-29-2012, 03:27 AM
I am on rooted, stock, .605 w/ baseband .13P. I am unfamiliar with SBF except by using the Linux ISO disc method. I would like to get the .15p radio but am uncomfortable trying it cold. The description here seems like it is mostly for users with more experience flashing ROMs. Would someone be willing to do a how-to for this process written in newbie-speak. I have just done a nandroid backup using Droid 2 bootstrap and I have used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to save root. I could use some hand held help with doing this.
Thanks

well... sounds like you have the know how and tools to get it done... like you said you've used the 1kds iso sbf method before... just do the same thing... sbf to 2.3.340(froyo) root with z4/gingerbreak... install droid 2 bootstrap... then sbf back to .605 root and restore your back up... there's no need for vodoo root keeper... unless your planning on taking the .621 ota... but to get the .15p radio... it's unnecessary...

dweezle
06-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks for laying out the steps for me. Muddled through, and came out the other side with .15p happily chugging away in phone info. I think I'd feel more comfortable with this stuff if the phone made some sorts of noises to let me know it is working. I miss the days of Quantum brand hard drives that would sound like gravel in a tin can when it was reading or being written to. :big smile:

Nemo aeternamn
06-30-2012, 01:46 AM
glad everything went good for ya...haha... i know what ya mean... i find it best to just let it do it's thing... and run away... go out for a smoke and a drink...haha.. :D

dweezle
06-30-2012, 12:23 PM
As a dedicated member of the "glass half empty" society, now I start to be curious about the .621 kernel. Do the baseband and kernel talk to each other in some way? Will just flashing to the .15p radio get me all the benefits of that the .15p baseband brings when it is paired with the kernel that is written in .621? Hell, I'm not even certain all that the kernel does. Without the help of folks around here, I'd still be using my Moto E815. Nope, make that my V710. :wink:

Goose306
06-30-2012, 12:40 PM
As a dedicated member of the "glass half empty" society, now I start to be curious about the .621 kernel. Do the baseband and kernel talk to each other in some way? Will just flashing to the .15p radio get me all the benefits of that the .15p baseband brings when it is paired with the kernel that is written in .621? Hell, I'm not even certain all that the kernel does. Without the help of folks around here, I'd still be using my Moto E815. Nope, make that my V710. :wink:

The kernel speaks to the baseband but its on a very basic level. Its not a level that any sort of updates can really bring refinement to. That's why you can run any baseband on any kernel, essentially. (At least as far as the DX is concerned since we can't have custom kernels/basebands as all that has to be signed by Moto.)

Because of this, you will get effectively all the benefits of the .15p radio with just the .15p radio. The .602/.605 kernel (they are the same) speak to the baseband the same as the .621, and actually so does the .340 kernel, and so on. So as far as the radio is concerned there is negligible difference in that particular portion.

With that being said, I seem to find slightly better multi-tasking performance and battery life on the .621 kernel. This is YMMV of course though and it comes with significantly more baggage than say just the .15p radio (as to get the .621 kernel you need the CDT which will break reversion backwards).

dweezle
06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm a lazy, but fascinated, newbie. I am way too old to have the energy to learn, and understand, Androidia at a level of really understanding it. Thankfully, there are people like Goose, Nemo, fabolous, the Black Hat crew, and lots of others. that have made my exploring possible. I've been using RF Signal Tracker to suss out the effectiveness of a Cell antenna amp in my vehicle. I'll see if I can run a comparative map over the same roads, comparing my Droid X with.13p and .15p basebands.

gbrinn
06-30-2012, 04:12 PM
...Thankfully, there are people like Goose, Nemo, fabolous, the Black Hat crew, and lots of others. that have made my exploring possible...
This, ^. Nemo has saved my butt a few times when a flash has gone wrong, etc. Hats off to all the RS crew here at DXF, the world-wide community of hackers and devs, etc, etc.

milski65
06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
This, ^. Nemo has saved my butt a few times when a flash has gone wrong, etc. Hats off to all the RS crew here at DXF, the world-wide community of hackers and devs, etc, etc.

+1000.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

AZDroid
06-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Q- I'm moving from a urban city to a much smaller town this fall and am concerned about reception up there. Does elevation weather affect signal or does it entirely depend on # of cell towers/ triangulation?

Also I'm due to run up there next week so is there any apps that I could use to test signal quality in depth? My rom has numerical readouts to replace the bars up top, but I don't know how to interpret those yet...anyone monitor these, and if so what's the threshold between functional reception and dropped calls/data roaming? Thx AzzE

dweezle
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Q- I'm moving from a urban city to a much smaller town this fall and am concerned about reception up there. Does elevation weather affect signal or does it entirely depend on # of cell towers/ triangulation?

Also I'm due to run up there next week so is there any apps that I could use to test signal quality in depth? My rom has numerical readouts to replace the bars up top, but I don't know how to interpret those yet...anyone monitor these, and if so what's the threshold between functional reception and dropped calls/data roaming? Thx AzzE

There are a couple of apps that might work. The one that I use the most is called RF Signal Tracker. I there is any signal at all you can always boost it with an amp. Here is a screen vid of Signal Tracker in my parked vehicle (Amp is in my truck). The beginning at -95dBm is without the antenna amp. When I turn the amp on it raises the signal strength to -63dBm (lower number is stronger signal) -105 dBm is about where I lose connection. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/cadjak/th_Antennaboosterdemo2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v232/cadjak/?action=view&current=Antennaboosterdemo2.mp4)

draccocain
07-01-2012, 08:13 PM
where d you get the amp , what did it cost, and can i make one

dweezle
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
where d you get the amp , what did it cost, and can i make one
Mine is a Wilson Electronics (http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/)#801201. It's in my van. There may be other companies that make similar products, but Wilson has always been what I have used, and I've been happy with all of their products and their support. They make units for mobile applications and for building installation. Whether you can make one or not, I can't say without knowing your engineering skills, but off hand I'd say, "no".

We're getting pretty far from the discussion of the .15p baseband. So, feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

alucard454
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
ok, so for the last decade or so, i've been running rooted froyo 340.

*gasp!*

yes, it's true.

so what i'm wondering is, will this magic 605 15p AIO file be able to take me all the way from here (rooted 340) to rooted 605 (with all the bonus goodies like 15p) without having to sbf and lose my stuff etc?

i mean, i've got backups and such regardless, and if i have to sbf then so be it. but the ability to just update via flashing this zip would be just fantastic. the whole headache of redoing everything is part of the reason its taken me this long to seriously look at GB.

anyway, thanks a bunch for your consideration, and of course for all the hard work you crazy hackers do.

Goose306
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
ok, so for the last decade or so, i've been running rooted froyo 340.

*gasp!*

yes, it's true.

so what i'm wondering is, will this magic 605 15p AIO file be able to take me all the way from here (rooted 340) to rooted 605 (with all the bonus goodies like 15p) without having to sbf and lose my stuff etc?

i mean, i've got backups and such regardless, and if i have to sbf then so be it. but the ability to just update via flashing this zip would be just fantastic. the whole headache of redoing everything is part of the reason its taken me this long to seriously look at GB.

anyway, thanks a bunch for your consideration, and of course for all the hard work you crazy hackers do.

Yes and no (potentially).

Yes, it will take you from .340 to .605, pre-rooted, with the .15p radio. One flash, CWM, done.

No, you may still have to data wipe. Theres a lot of incompatibilities between Froyo and GB, and one bad file that GB doesn't like will throw into bootloops after flashing. It would be advisable to just flash this like a ROM (backup your apps via Titanium, sync contacts to Google, backup your SMS if you so desire - boot into Recovery and wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, then flash) then once in re-install bootstrapper (the .605 is pre-rooted but doesn't include the bootstrapper as that's proprietary and I don't like being sued) if you want to flash another ROM, or just go get Titanium again and reinstall your apps. You can restore apps+data as long as they are user apps not system apps (usually, like 99% of the time)

alucard454
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes and no (potentially).

Yes, it will take you from .340 to .605, pre-rooted, with the .15p radio. One flash, CWM, done.

No, you may still have to data wipe. Theres a lot of incompatibilities between Froyo and GB, and one bad file that GB doesn't like will throw into bootloops after flashing. It would be advisable to just flash this like a ROM (backup your apps via Titanium, sync contacts to Google, backup your SMS if you so desire - boot into Recovery and wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, then flash) then once in re-install bootstrapper (the .605 is pre-rooted but doesn't include the bootstrapper as that's proprietary and I don't like being sued) if you want to flash another ROM, or just go get Titanium again and reinstall your apps. You can restore apps+data as long as they are user apps not system apps (usually, like 99% of the time)

exactly correct.

i DID have to data wipe (from cwm, factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik) but after i did that, i flashed your zip file and everything went perfectly.

to be clear, for any other froyo diehards like myself who've been waiting for a simply one-step way to get to GB rooted and not having to worry about .621, this IS in fact the magic bullet.

to review, the steps were, roughly:

do all your standard backups (and pray to whatever dark gods you like that your SMS will be restored in proper time order)
get the OP zip file, put in the root of your sd card
get droid 2 bootstrapper
from d2bootstrap, boot into recovery (hit first button, then second)
from cwm do the factory reset, then wipe cache, then Advanced->Wipe Dalvik
then goto install zip file
select your downloaded file from the root folder (or wherever you put it)
wait patiently
boot into rooted GB and begin restoring your settings and apps (don't forget to sacrifice a goat to your dark gods if the SMS restore works properly)
Much Rejoicing.
so again i say, thanks to you goose and all your guinea pigs. life is once again good for this froyo refugee, and perhaps my DX will last long enough now to take me to whatever phone finally makes me take the upgrade plunge.

cheers.

gmfmeq1
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I flashed the Liberty3 ver 2.0 to my DX a couple days ago. Really like it. I noticed that it is still on radio .07p I woulod like to get it up to .13 or .15. I downloaded Download: 605-tbh-goose-15p.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bc440un7kyca53t) but if I understand correctly I have to revert (SBF) back to .340 froyo to install this zip. I don't understand the process for doing the SBF. Can I do it with a windows xp machine? what files do I need? Is there a link to some detailed instruction?

Thanks.

Droid X
4.5.605 MB810

Android 2.3.3

BP_C_01.09.07P

Kernel
2.6.32.9-g34b306d

bsbabcock
07-20-2012, 11:53 PM
I flashed the Liberty3 ver 2.0 to my DX a couple days ago. Really like it. I noticed that it is still on radio .07p I woulod like to get it up to .13 or .15. I downloaded Download: 605-tbh-goose-15p.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bc440un7kyca53t) but if I understand correctly I have to revert (SBF) back to .340 froyo to install this zip. I don't understand the process for doing the SBF. Can I do it with a windows xp machine? what files do I need? Is there a link to some detailed instruction?

Thanks.

Droid X
4.5.605 MB810

Android 2.3.3

BP_C_01.09.07P

Kernel
2.6.32.9-g34b306d

Burn an ISO to disc and follow the instructions as seen in op post of this thread:
Linux solution to your Windows/RSD Lite problems

I (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html)'m about to do this now actually.... Finding ooooooooold apks I haven't used in a long time. Someone above said use D2 bootstrap to flash the AIO. I might be completely wrong, as it's been a loooong time, but I believe you use DX bootstrap if in Froyo, and D2 bootstrap if in GB.

So, if that's correct the procedure is SBF.. Z4root.. DX bootstrap.. Wipe all.. Flash .15p 602 AIO. Rejoice and DON'T take the .621 OTA update unless you wants trouble.

Crazy.. I'm still hanging on to the good ole' X. Not a scratch on 'er so I'm keepin' on keepin' on, granted I've been on GB MIUI so long I don't know how to use AOSP anymore. LOL!

gmfmeq1
07-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the link. All went weel and got it finished last night.

AZDroid
07-30-2012, 03:10 AM
Flashed this radio a while back, been on ics for a while on but now I need to sbf and get back to ics. Can I just use my 1kd602 to sbf and then flash my new rom, or do I need to go back to froyo? Thx- AzzE

milski65
07-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Flashed this radio a while back, been on ics for a while on but now I need to sbf and get back to ics. Can I just use my 1kd602 to sbf and then flash my new rom, or do I need to go back to froyo? Thx- AzzE

Are you wondering if you can sbf without loosing the radio upgrade you did? If so, then yes you can sbf with 1kds 602 disc, flash whatever rom you like, and keep the radio. If you use rsd you will lose it.

AZDroid
07-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Awesome! I knew one of those two was a bad news for the radio, just not which one. Thx

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
So I have been running Liberty forever and recently switched to GummyNex. I really liked gummy, but I would go through a full battery in less than two hours even if it was in my pocket doing nothing that entire time... I decided to try to sbf back and see if that fixed anything.

I downloaded the Milestone X (4.5.604) Linux LiveCD utility from here (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html) as my reading seemed to indicate that I was already to the .621 update and would not be able to use the .605 utility on the same site. That worked fine, but I still had the BP_C_01.09.12P Baseband. I just tried to sbf (from a Linux machine) to the .621 update that I found here (https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files). That also seemed to work fine, but I still have the same Baseband (Baseband and radio are the same right?)

So, how do I get to .15P now that I am on .621?

newmanx4
09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
The 621 update included the 15p radio. If you SBF the stock 621 in RSD Lite it will give you the radio.

If the baseband still shows 12p then I think you should be able to follow the instructions in the first post of the thread to get the 15p baseband and stay on 605.

Sent from my Black Iced X

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM
If the baseband still shows 12p then I think you should be able to follow the instructions in the first post of the thread to get the 15p baseband and stay on 605.

I'll let you know.

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Can't re-flash to FroYo... Bootloader error on reboot.

So back to my original question: How do I get the 15p radio from .621?
Thanks!!

GoCliffGo05
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Wait a minute, bootloader error because you are already on 621?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Wait a minute, bootloader error because you are already on 621?

Yes, when I tried to go back to FroYo.

GoCliffGo05
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
What's the error 30.04 mem pack blank? If you are already on 621 you should have the radio...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
What's the error 30.04 mem pack blank?No, it was different... Didn't write it down though as I was kind of expecting to have problems going back to FroYo.
If you are already on 621 you should have the radio... Yes, but I didn't get to .621 from Verizon. I rooted back in the FroYo days and have bounced between the ROMs for awhile. I came back to "stock" to see if I could slow down my battery usage. I want to try to get the latest radio before I go back to Liberty or something else.

Goose306
09-12-2012, 03:02 PM
If your on 621 without the radio just SBF the 621 SBF via RSD Lite. It will flash the 15p radio

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw

MrAreCool
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
If your on 621 without the radio just SBF the 621 SBF via RSD Lite. It will flash the 15p radio

My first time using RSD Lite... It worked and I now have the 15P radio! Then I flashed to .the .604 Milestone image so I could root it (more easily).

eppdroid37
09-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Hey guys. Is there any way I can just get the radio only? I'm on the .605 kernel running Liquid ICS. Actually I'm kinda scared to flash anything else because I flashed SSX 2.2 and got stuck on M logo . So I used ezsbf and went back to stock .605. then flashed Liquid ICS. My baseband says .07p

Actually its reads BP_C_01.09.07p
Is this the FroYo radio ?