PDA

View Full Version : How do you overclock with the miui ics build???

ThankYou
04-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I've searched and searched and found threads that say just use quickclock or jrummy's tool...

I cant find quickclock in the android menu so i got the android overclock but it stops me at 1 ghz... i cant go past, it also popped up some error saying something about the kernel. Can anyone help??

ThankYou
04-01-2012, 01:16 PM
anybody?

droidx86
04-04-2012, 01:33 AM
you have to use titanium backup to backup the quickclock app while on a gingerbread rom. Like you have to be on a gingerbeard rom, download quickclock, then install titanium backup, use titanium backup to create a backup of quickclcock so you can restore quickclock on a different rom. Once you have backed up quickclock with titanium backup, then install a ics based rom, reinstall titanium back up, go into titanium backup and resore quickclock on your new rom. If you are able to do this i give you much props, i was able to do it so i think you can do it too.

If you have no idea what backing up means, backing up means it basically duplicates the install file for the app, so you can install the app again without having to download it again.

Wizard0f0s
04-04-2012, 01:43 AM
You can also wait a little bit (probably less than 24 hours) and use bootmenu. Beans and I got it rolling on his rom a couple of hours ago. He tweeted that he'll be releasing it shortly.

-----------
The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

droidx86
04-04-2012, 03:12 AM
You can also wait a little bit (probably less than 24 hours) and use bootmenu. Beans and I got it rolling on his rom a couple of hours ago. He tweeted that he'll be releasing it shortly.

-----------
The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

If you install an ics rom and go to the play store it wont let you download quickclock for an ics dx. Or atleast that was the case 4 days ago...

Does the new rom come with quickclock pre installed?

Otherwise it would still need to be backed up with titanium backup right?

Wizard0f0s
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
If you install an ics rom and go to the play store it wont let you download quickclock for an ics dx. Or atleast that was the case 4 days ago...

Does the new rom come with quickclock pre installed?

Otherwise it would still need to be backed up with titanium backup right?

If you are using QuickClock, that's correct. Bootmenu has the ability to overclock, undervolt, and change governors built in. It also runs very early in the boot process, well before the phone is to a graphical state (before the boot animation). As I haven't built a calibration function in yet, it is easiest if you have numbers from QCA to start with, but not required.

-----------