PDA

View Full Version : ROM Manager isnt doing anything =/

holycow131415
03-27-2012, 08:45 PM
So I successfully used the linux ISO to root my droidx 621 to milestone 604. Zergrush rooted milestone, and bootstrapper droid 2 has installed correctly. Now, while in ROM manager, when clicking on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it doesnt do anything. No prompts popup to select droidx. All that happens is a quick loading bar comes up at the top of the app. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing. please help.

BHuber09
03-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Wipe cache and fix permissions

FreeMyMoto!!!

Nemo aeternamn
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
try wiping data for rom manager...

are you clicking bootstrap recovery in d2bootstrap first?

holycow131415
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
I have done both. Is it just my luck that the site is down? or portions of it? lol like here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager I wouldnt think that id need to click bootstrap each time though, because i get a message saying it was granted root every reboot.

Nemo aeternamn
03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I have done both. Is it just my luck that the site is down? or portions of it? lol like here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager I wouldnt think that id need to click bootstrap each time though, because i get a message saying it was granted root every reboot.

because of how the recovery works... and the x being so locked down... unless your on a second init rom(which has it the function built in) you'll have to do it every time you wanna reboot into recovery

holycow131415
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
ok, well, it doesnt work. it seems to try to connect with the loading bar and gear spinning at the top of the app, but fails. I think its a server problem right now. anyone else think so too?

Nemo aeternamn
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
ok, well, it doesnt work. it seems to try to connect with the loading bar and gear spinning at the top of the app, but fails. I think its a server problem right now. anyone else think so too?

i think your right... my nexus can't connect either....

newmanx4
03-27-2012, 09:25 PM
because of how the recovery works... and the x being so locked down... unless your on a second init rom(which has it the function built in) you'll have to do it every time you wanna reboot into recovery

So could he go ahead and flash Pooka's CM7 without installing CWM through ROM Manager? My X won't connect either.

EDIT: I'm guessing not because the phone is stuck with stock recovery as of now, right?

Brad92
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
If you're on a Blur based ROM, use D2 Bootstrap to flash it. You don't need ROM manager

GUMMY

holycow131415
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
If you're on a Blur based ROM, use D2 Bootstrap to flash it. You don't need ROM manager

GUMMY

Id take it CM7 isnt blur based. These ROMS are, but which is stable? [ROMS] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604! - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21337-roms-multi-rom-thread-blur-based-roms-for-those-on-621604/) , and what is the difference between blur based and not?

newmanx4
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Sounds like those ROMS have lots of issues. I'd wait and see if ROM Manager comes back around.

Nemo aeternamn
03-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Sounds like those ROMS have lots of issues. I'd wait and see if ROM Manager comes back around.

They don't really have that many issues... Some have no more then blur based roms... They are just based off of the Google code... Instead of the moto blur framework
And you don't need room manager... I've never used rom manager to flash something... if you just use d2 bootstrap... There isn't much need for rom manager

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

holycow131415
03-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Well the nice use for ROM Manager seems like an easy tool to keep updating CM7 and CWM though. Site is back up, and it is working :)