PDA

View Full Version : Kraken Proximity Sensor Help

music_man185
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
i just got the kraken 2 for my x. i immediately noticed that when on a call, the screen immediately goes black and i cannot get it back on until the caller on the other line hangs up. during my research for the kraken, i read about many people having this problem. but what is the fix? it doesn't even appear that anything is covering up the proximity sensor. there are 2 holes on both sides of the earpiece, but both of them are open. the screen protector does not cover them. and when the phone is in the case, the proximity sensor seems to be visible and not covered up (if i'm looking at the right thing).

jdcmusicman
03-27-2012, 04:10 PM
i just got the kraken 2 for my x. i immediately noticed that when on a call, the screen immediately goes black and i cannot get it back on until the caller on the other line hangs up. during my research for the kraken, i read about many people having this problem. but what is the fix? it doesn't even appear that anything is covering up the proximity sensor. there are 2 holes on both sides of the earpiece, but both of them are open. the screen protector does not cover them. and when the phone is in the case, the proximity sensor seems to be visible and not covered up (if i'm looking at the right thing).

I have the same case and the only time I have a problem with it is when I am in full sunlight any other time everything works fine....first few times it happened to me I thought my phone was messing up..I did find out if you take the case of it works fine. For the life of me I don't know why it does it but it does and it is the case no doubt.
I have just learned to live with it....

Running Gummy Ics

music_man185
03-27-2012, 04:26 PM
mine is doing it indoors. i haven't been able to get it to work once. i have read about people cutting the screen protector out as a fix...but mine doesn't have a screen protector in the holes next to the ear piece. i also tried cleaning the sensor on my phone before putting it in, but it still didn't work.

i dont know that i could deal with this issue. i really hope there is a fix, because i really like the case based on my first impression with it. i'm coming from the otterbox defender and am ready to be done with it. i'm tired of the rubber coming loose from around the screen all the time.

jdcmusicman
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Does the phone work fine with the case off?

Running Gummy Ics

music_man185
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
yes. i've had the phone for a couple months now with zero issues. always worked fine in my otterbox as well. i took the back piece off the case and made a call. the screen goes black immediately, but if i lift the front piece of the kraken off the screen, it illuminates. and goes black again when i lay the kraken back down on the screen.

i went over to a window and allowed the light to shine on my phone with the kraken on, and the screen came back on. when i took it out of the light, it went away.

jdcmusicman
03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Does your case have a screen protector over the area where the sensor is? If it does remove it to see of that helps....mine has a screen protector I have thought about taken mine of just hasn't yet..

Running Gummy Ics

music_man185
03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
i have a film screen protector, but it stops where the screen stops at the top. doesn't touch the sensor/earpiece bar

jdcmusicman
03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I can't think of anything elsE maybe someone else can chime in with an answer

Running Gummy Ics

BHuber09
03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
How tight is the case on the phone?

FreeMyMoto!!!

music_man185
03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
it is pretty snug. the phone goes in the silicone case first (which doesn't cover the sensor/earpiece bar at all), then the plastic coverings snap together over the silicone.

BHuber09
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Does the screen seem to morph when you put it on.

FreeMyMoto!!!

music_man185
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by morph. The case doesn't change the look of the screen or anything if that's what you mean. It's not on too tight or applying any pressure.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums