PDA

View Full Version : Rooted .621 with CM7, Reboot to create backup, stuck on 'M' logo.

EndIsNear
03-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I have a Droid X that I rooted and I was gonna make another back up after flashing the CM7, rebooted, and screen went to red M. Wouldnt go any farther. Booted into recovery, tried again, nothing. Did factory reset, still nothing. Im still stuck at red M. Ive tried the four methods to get to clockwork recovery but nothing. What the hell did I do?

casper55117
03-26-2012, 12:54 AM
clear cache and dalvik, (you didint by chance install bootstrap did you?)

Goose306
03-26-2012, 06:43 AM
I have a Droid X that I rooted and I was gonna make another back up after flashing the CM7, rebooted, and screen went to red M. Wouldnt go any farther. Booted into recovery, tried again, nothing. Did factory reset, still nothing. Im still stuck at red M. Ive tried the four methods to get to clockwork recovery but nothing. What the hell did I do?

Like Casper said, you didn't install bootstrap did ya? Thats gauranteed SBF'in time.

Also, it wasn't the official CM7 was it? If so those are on Froyo and your botched anyways if thats the case you'll have to SBF. Has to be one of the unofficials on the GB kernel (Pooka or YACK)

casper55117
03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Like Casper said, you didn't install bootstrap did ya? Thats gauranteed SBF'in time.

Also, it wasn't the official CM7 was it? If so those are on Froyo and your botched anyways if thats the case you'll have to SBF. Has to be one of the unofficials on the GB kernel (Pooka or YACK) lol pooka and YACK always make me lol just the name sounds funny

casper55117
03-26-2012, 06:51 AM
oh and btw if you dont know the only sbf you can use is the .621 if your allready on it

Goose306
03-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Nah you can SBF to .604. Its what you want to do anyways so he can re-root. You'd want to use 1KDS's Live Disc; its by far the easiest way since he released it yesterday (I've had to use it 3-4 times already since I've been getting in kernel panics trying to get Blur-based ROMs to work on .621) Grab it from the Linux SBF thread:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

casper55117
03-26-2012, 07:02 AM
true but i would sbf to .621 to fix things then do the milestone sbf to root. but thats just me

casper55117
03-26-2012, 07:03 AM
and dont use rds lite to sbf the milestone sbf. it will just be headaches

EndIsNear
03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry its taking me so long to reply. Ive been working. So heres the deal. I have the Droid X that had the .621 update. On RootzWiki.com, somebody found a way too make it rootable. Through Ubuntu and the root program, (doomlord? Or something? Ill check once home,) and all went well. Few hiccups through process but finally became root and flashed the CM7 ROM. Went well. But im a noob, and realized "oh my, bootstrapper and titanium backup are not longer installed!" So I redownloaded and accidently ran bootstrap again. Thrn went to make a new backup, and bam. Red M. Ive tried booting to CWM, nothing. I can do ****. What do I need too do guys? I need my phone back.

newmanx4
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry its taking me so long to reply. Ive been working. So heres the deal. I have the Droid X that had the .621 update. On RootzWiki.com, somebody found a way too make it rootable. Through Ubuntu and the root program, (doomlord? Or something? Ill check once home,) and all went well. Few hiccups through process but finally became root and flashed the CM7 ROM. Went well. But im a noob, and realized "oh my, bootstrapper and titanium backup are not longer installed!" So I redownloaded and accidently ran bootstrap again. Thrn went to make a new backup, and bam. Red M. Ive tried booting to CWM, nothing. I can do ****. What do I need too do guys? I need my phone back.

Sent you a PM at Rootzwiki

EndIsNear
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Newman helped me resolve my issue with the provided link from Goose306. I'm back! Thanks guys!

casper55117
03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
did you end up sbfing

newmanx4
03-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah. I had him SBF and start over.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums