PDA

View Full Version : Time to say good bye.

AndroidFanX2
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
After 8 months of dealing with my x2, I have decided it is time to move on. I was settled on upgrading to a Nexus, but after reading plenty of bad reviews on battery life, reception and what not, I have decided to get a DROID Razr Maxx. I am sick of the terrible screen the X2 has and the fact that no matter what ROM I flash, it just won't play music without stuttering. I enjoyed my time on this forum and will stop back in occasionally to see what's new. Thanks everyone who guided me through the modding of my X2 over the months. Hopefully one day Motorola will bring back the X line to the glory it once had when the original X was released. Until then, I will be a Razr owner.

-Nick

BHuber09
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Goodluck man and have fun.

FreeMyMoto!!!

gunner1982
03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Have fun being locked down which is how all moto phones will I'm getting the nexus in about 2 weeks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

The persuader
03-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Have fun being locked down which is how all moto phones will I'm getting the nexus in about 2 weeks

Curiosity
Other than lock down... Why did you choose Nexus?

Its Bubba :)
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

AndroidFanX2
03-23-2012, 08:11 PM

I was set on the Nexus too, but there are tons of reviews that say it has terrible battery life, terrible call quality, a terrible speaker, cheap build design, and bad connection issues. I really don't want to deal with another phone that doesn't work properly. The Razr Maxx on the other hand has the best hardware design on Verizon, a great speaker, obviously excellent battery life, great call quality, and no connection issues all right out of the box. Plus, if you root it and install an ICS themed ROM on it, it runs just as smooth and fast as the Nexus and still works and feels like a $600 dollar phone should. The only thing the Nexus has on it is the 720p screen, which you really can't tell a huge deference between unless you hold both under a magnifying glass. I may try a Nexus for a few days, just to say I did, but considering how many people are having problems and how recent the complaints are and how many people on the Razr Foums I visit have swapped from the Nexus to a Razr because of problems, I doubt I will....

HarleyDude
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Good luck with the new toy, but no reason to say goodbye. You are welcome here, even without the phone. Plus, stop on over at our sister, Droid RAZR Forum - Motorola Droid RAZR Community (http://www.razrforums.com). Tell 'em I sent ya, you'll see some familiar faces over there

maybish
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Good Luck ! I'm thinking about upgrading to razzor too !

AndroidFanX2
03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
I went to look at the DROID Razr again last weekend and was set on ordering a Razr Max, but then I started to look at the posts about the DROID Fighter and decided to wait until that is released. The biggest thing I didn't like about the Razr Maxx was the screen. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge step up from the X and X2 and even matches the Galaxy Nexus as far a colors go, but pixilation is still evident while looking closely....and after using my X2 for a while, one of the biggest upgrades I'm looking forward to is a nice detailed display and the Razr Max wasn't quite doing it for me. Hopefully the DROID Fighter will have a screen equal to or better than the Nexus', the Razr Max's build quality, and ICS of course - if so, I will be first in line at my local Verizon store to pick one up! COME ON APRIL 12TH!!!!!!!

Back to the X2 for now!

jeems
03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Never heard of the fighter. I'll have to look it up. Good luck whichever way you go!

MiUi 2012.3.23

DirtyDroid
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Good luck with it, you'll enjoy it im sure! Stop back in anytime