PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Flashing RevNumbers ROM from MIUI

diego20
03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi guys, I am a long time reader and first time poster. This site has been invaluable to me and has enabled me to completely enjoy my Droid X beyond what I ever imagined. So thank you.
I have been running MIUI on my X for a couple months now, and wanted to try something new. I downloaded RevNumbers latest version of Cyanogenmod for the Gingerbread kernel and went through the process of flashing it through ClockWork. I wiped dalvik/ factory reset and then installed from sd. After doing so, I also installed a Google Apps file. When I reboot my phone, I was stuck in the MIUI bootloop. I went back and re-installed, and wiped, but still was stuck. I decided to just re-flash MIUI and try again when I had more time.
Now after wiping/factory resetting, and then re-installing MIUI from my sd card, I am able to load up fine, but when drag down to start the registration/activation process, I get numerous "Force Close" errors and am unable to do anything. I must have screwed up somewhere, possibly made a mistake by flashing the Google Apps file? I have looked in to the process of sbf'ing my phone, but wanted to post here first just in case because I know if anyone could help me it would be you. Any help you all could provide would be tremendous.
Thanks!

jeems
03-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't know much about the revnumbers CM, but if you were getting stuck at the miui bootanimation after flashing CM it certainly didn't flash correctly. Here's what I would do:

reboot into cwm
restore your miui nandroid you made right before flashing the CM rom (you did this, right?)
reboot into miui to make sure everything is kosher.
reboot into cwm
wipe cache, data and system
flash the new rom
flash gapps
reboot the system
enjoy

if you don't have a nandroid from right before you tried flashing CM I would sbf just to ensure a clean install. Whatever you have running now is probably not fixable/worth fixing.

edit:when installing a new rom I usually restore my nandroid I made right after rooting my phone, then do the wipes, etc. It's a much cleaner base, but the miui nandroid "should" work

diego20
03-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the advice! This website is freaking incredible.
I was able to get it worked out after flashing back to my first nandroid after rooting and am now happily running CM.

jeems
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Great stuff! gotta love it when the fixes aren't so bad:)

MiUi 2012.3.9