PDA

View Full Version : i know im going to catch a lot of crap for this but

casper55117
03-23-2012, 07:42 AM
my girl is getting an crap-pad just wondering if anyone has any exp with these. and if so how moddable are they. i know a little about jailbreaking. but im wondering about custom os's and so forth. btw she is getting it for free (she likes android and wouldnt BUY an ipad, but if its free why not):big smile: please be kind i know its bad

DirtyDroid
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Is it the og ipad?

fezrock
03-23-2012, 09:39 AM
In all honesty I like iPads. Its a darn functional device. If I had one I wouldn't bother modding it. Android devices are made to mod, even if they aren't supposed to be. Apple can be done, but why? It has a good interface and just works. Sometimes having something that just works is a good thing in itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

popcenator
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
In all honesty I like iPads. Its a darn functional device. If I had one I wouldn't bother modding it. Android devices are made to mod, even if they aren't supposed to be. Apple can be done, but why? It has a good interface and just works. Sometimes having something that just works is a good thing in itself.

I agree, I'd leave it and enjoy the functionality of it.

mhans311
03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
The ipad is by far the best tablet out right now. I have a transformer only because I hate dealing with itunes.

As an answer to your questions about customization, I don't think there is much of that on the ipad. For sure there are no custom os's or anything like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

casper55117
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
so basically its just jailbreak or leave it alone then

DirtyDroid
03-23-2012, 11:02 PM
so basically its just jailbreak or leave it alone then

Yup lol

Sent from my DROIDX

casper55117
03-24-2012, 12:15 AM
any advantage to jailbreaking. other than installing apps

DirtyDroid
03-24-2012, 08:21 AM
they may have themes for it in cydia I think that's the name, but like everyone said, its a simple great device like it is, it isn't worth jail breaking

Sent from my DROIDX

casper55117
03-28-2012, 06:21 AM
they may have themes for it in cydia I think that's the name, but like everyone said, its a simple great device like it is, it isn't worth jail breaking

Sent from my DROIDX i saw something about running windows on an ipad can this really be done?

fezrock
03-28-2012, 07:13 AM
:shocked:

casper55117
03-28-2012, 08:20 AM
what i heard it can be done kind of like vmware

DirtyDroid
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Ha wow, not sure tbh with yeah, never really messed with too many apple products, but then again, there was never the need to because they do what they need to..

Sent from my DROIDX

casper55117
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Ha wow, not sure tbh with yeah, never really messed with too many apple products, but then again, there was never the need to because they do what they need to..

Sent from my DROIDX i was going to take your advice then i saw a post about running windows 7 and another one with a vid of some guy running win 95 lol

fezrock
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
what i heard it can be done kind of like vmware

I was just a bit stunned at the idea of wanting to run windows on an apple device. That said, I have a friend who has XP set up on his Mac to run as an option. But not as a replacement.

flintinatux
03-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Can a jailbreaked (jailbroken?) iPad or iPhone be overclocked? Or is it even worth it?

casper55117
03-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I was just a bit stunned at the idea of wanting to run windows on an apple device. That said, I have a friend who has XP set up on his Mac to run as an option. But not as a replacement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Purple Tapatalkhonestly thats all im looking for is the option

The persuader
03-29-2012, 07:28 PM
This is a Droid X Forum...

Iphone has a Forum for answers you maybe looking for...

I'm not Anti-Iphone, just that they should be able to answer your question...Well Maybe Not...Not sure Why you would Post for this kind of Information on a Droid X Forum...

Its Bubba

Can a jailbreaked (jailbroken?) iPad or iPhone be overclocked? Or is it even worth it?

casper55117
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
This is a Droid X Forum...

Iphone has a Forum for answers you maybe looking for...

I'm not Anti-Iphone, just that they should be able to answer your question...Well Maybe Not...Not sure Why you would Post for this kind of Information on a Droid X Forum...

Its Bubba the apple forums scare me :cry: im afraid they will try and steal my soul and say they owned it first

The persuader
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Casper...
The Devil is in their Soul...

Hey, Its not a Bad Phone...Had to buy one for my Wife...Its a Great App Phone, Syncing with a I-Pad or any Apple product.. but If you want a Templated phone...the same Old Same Old...

The Iphone
Now for Tweaking, :smile:we All know the PHones for that one...

Its Bubba

the apple forums scare me :cry: im afraid they will try and steal my soul and say they owned it first

fezrock
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I suppose the point about apple is that they optimize every device they release. Jail breaking is good for theming and unauthorized apps. Everything else you might do would probably make it worse. As far as I know.

The persuader
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
That's what I've heard too...

They sure do Optimize for those looking for consistency...No doubt...

Its a Good Phone for those that like Iphone...

Its Bubba

I suppose the point about apple is that they optimize every device they release. Jail breaking is good for theming and unauthorized apps. Everything else you might do would probably make it worse. As far as I know.

rudyy
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I would suggest you visit some iPad forums. There are plenty. I've jailbroken an iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4, and I'm not aware of different OS's, unlike Android ROMs. Jailbreaking does allow for very nice customization, and lots of iOS tweaks to make it run better. You'll prolly only find a couple jailbreak methods but I'm not sure what the differences are.
A good website to use to JB is iClarified.com
Whatever site/method you use, make sure you disable the option in iTunes to keep iTunes from launching when you connect the iPad during the JB or it'll fail.

My iPhone is truly mine now that it's jailbroken, and if there were no advantages to it people wouldn't spend months working on a JB.

Jailbreak = rooting; lots of advantages.
Hope I helped.

fezrock
04-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks rudyy! Glad you stepped in with your I-experience :):beer:

The persuader
04-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Iphone is Awesome to...My Wife will tell you so...:smile:Hey, she keeps telling me get an Iphone and you wont have to Tweak a thing...

So, I divorced Her yesterday...Told her to find an New I Pad...Just Kidding...

The my Friend...

Its Bubba

I would suggest you visit some iPad forums. There are plenty. I've jailbroken an iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4, and I'm not aware of different OS's, unlike Android ROMs. Jailbreaking does allow for very nice customization, and lots of iOS tweaks to make it run better. You'll prolly only find a couple jailbreak methods but I'm not sure what the differences are.
Whatever site/method you use, make sure you disable the option in iTunes to keep iTunes from launching when you connect the iPad during the JB or it'll fail.

My iPhone is truly mine now that it's jailbroken, and if there were no advantages to it people wouldn't spend months working on a JB.

Hope I helped.

Quicksilver7714
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Hope I helped.

Actually we have an iPad forum here: http://www.ipadforums.net/

fezrock
04-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Actually we have an iPad forum here: http://www.ipadforums.net/

^^^ shoulda known!

Quicksilver7714
04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Hey it's Forum Foundry. Got to stay with the family. ;)

fezrock
04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I just need to assume if it's a device, there's a FF forum dedicated to it lol. And of course it will ALWAYS be the best ! :cool:

casper55117
04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I just need to assume if it's a device, there's a FF forum dedicated to it lol. And of course it will ALWAYS be the best ! :cool: sorry dumb noob question but whats ff forums

DroidlynnXDoes
05-03-2012, 11:47 PM
When I used to have an iTouch, I used a one click jailbreak app for it, but it still didn't do as much as a rooted Droid. I only did it to look and sound like the Droid X. Everytime I locked and unlocked my screen, my iPod screamed "DROOOOIIIIIID!".

Droidlynn & X