PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

stewie griffin
03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I finally decided to upgrade to the razr maxx today! Found it for $229.99 with 2yr contract renewal from wirefly: -) I learned alot from reading everyone's posts, and enjoyed trying to help others with what little I do know lol. Time to sign up at the sister sight for the razr this eve, and get some files to root when it gets here. Still plan on lurking here for awhile. ;-) hope everyone has a great day!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

maybish
03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Ahhh congratulations!!

Ampclamp
03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Congrats on the Maxx. Good luck with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HarleyDude
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the new toy. Stop over at our sister forum, Droid RAZR Forum - Motorola Droid RAZR Community (http://www.razrforums.com), tell 'em I sent ya. (You'll see some familiar faces over there)

X_man
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Ahhh nothing like a new toy is it? LOL Good luck stewie and dont be a stranger. :smile:

stewie griffin
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Definitely plan on sticking around here, and definitely gonna make another "home" at the razr forums. Thanks for the link HD

casper55117
03-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Definitely plan on sticking around here, and definitely gonna make another "home" at the razr forums. Thanks for the link HD

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums what do you think of it so far

stewie griffin
03-23-2012, 09:41 AM
what do you think of it so far

I haven't gotten it yet. The sales rep@ wirefly said it'd be delivered by Monday, though the fedex tracking said Saturday. I'll be at my girlfriends house all weekend, and most likely won't have the phone charged up and turned on till Monday night (whenever it's fully charged). I'm going to root and get rid of bloat, and honestly don't know that I'll do much else, especially since the webtop functionality can be hacked without need for the extra docks. Won't have to worry about tethering to my pc for the little bit I need to now. I did play around with the maxx and gnex in the vzw store, and the maxx had a stronger signal than the gnex and my dx. I'm in a low signal area anyway, so that was important for me. I'll keep you posted with it when I get it set up! :-)

stewie griffin
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Just an initial update on the maxx :-) just been playing around with it this afternoon and having fun. Where I do get 4g service, I've seen 10,000-15000 kbps (not many spots in the Carolina foothills yet) 3g isn't much faster than my x was. The maxx does not need any special hacks, or docks to get HDMI mirroring to work. I'm actually hooked up to my TV and seeing everything at the same time as on the phone screen so far. I'm sure you do need to hack the webtop app to work without a dock though. Haven't rooted or debloated yet, but this is pretty quick and responsive so far, with no issues yet. Though with a rooted x, debloated, set up right, and overclocked as mine was, can still seem just as snappy in some ways. For anyone concerned with benchmarks, I've hit 2448 on quadrant on 2 separate occasions. Nenamark1 49.4fps. Linpack saw 61+ multi thread and 51+ single thread. It shows slightly stronger signal than the x in most areas ,but not by a significant margin. With the maxx still on gingerbread, it can almost feel like an enhanced version of the dx1, but with just enough to give you something new to learn lol. For anyone in an area with marginal signal strength, or who really loves the feel of the dx os, you'll probably love this phone as well ;-) again, I haven't really had the phone in my hands long, so I haven't had much chance to kick up any potential bugs yet lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums