PDA

View Full Version : Lost root after flashing a rom

DXDX
03-22-2012, 07:22 AM
I think I lost my root after flashing a rom I went from liberty to miui and everything works just fine with the exception that my root apps will not work, my superuser is gone and when I used root checker it said I didn't have root access BUT when I first started it was there but it still didn't work now its gone so I have done several factory resets and cleared cache but nothing helps I have never seen this and I have been flashing roms a while now but this has me messed up does anyone have any answers
Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
With miui you have to go into the settings and enable root access

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

DXDX
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Where in settings and my superuser app is gondolas tried loading another one from the market but I didn't work it wont even show up on the screen but it is installed so I can't even get into clockwork to reflash or get my backup

DXDX
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Even when I choose an app it ask me if I know what root is and to make sure I am rooted and so on I guess I will have to sbf back and start over

victimssun
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Check over in the dx2 miui thread at xda, to see if there's been any reports, and special steps needed to retain root after flashing.

DXDX
03-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks

victimssun
03-23-2012, 08:14 AM
I checked too, didn't find anything, you could try and reflash.

DXDX
03-23-2012, 09:50 AM
I was going to try and reflash but I couldn't get su permission so I just did a sbf and started over but I did find a discussion where this has happened to other people but it was taking to long getting to the point so I just fixed it myself thanks for the help anyway I appreciate it some input is better than none

casper55117
03-25-2012, 04:14 AM
go to tools folder, that is where su is, enter su, press menu, settings, enable
edit. heres a link to xda about the problem http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259923