PDA

View Full Version : Workout ideas

garykentjr
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Can anyone recommend a workout DVD or regiment I can do/use in my apartment? Don't need to lose weight just get toned and in better shape. Won't have time to go to the gym with a newborn. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Brad92
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
P90X will make you work hard. I know a few people who couldn't do it. Of course, I prefer weights though. I just like lifting weights

MIUI 2012.3.9

DirtyDroid
03-21-2012, 09:57 PM
p90x is insane....my pops picked it up, use it when I can..its insane.haha

sent from my Cm9 dX

casper55117
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
p90x is insane....my pops picked it up, use it when I can..its insane.haha

sent from my Cm9 dXinsane is an under statement

DroidlynnXDoes
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
If you have a wii, you can choose from sports games and fitness games. Many of the sports games can give you a real workout. Some fitness games even come with actual exercise accesories

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidlynnXDoes
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
If you have a wii, you can choose from sports games and fitness games. Many of the sports games can give you a real workout. Some fitness games even come with actual exercise accesories

You won't even have to go to.the gym either. I don't even have a gym where I live other than. Y high school

DroidlynnXDoes
03-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Congrats on your newborn. I know what they're like cuz i was in the room when my 2 sisters.were born.

csk415
03-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Insanity. Workouts are about an hour. 60 day program. Be in shape because its worse than p90x.

StrykedVorteX X

DroidlynnXDoes
03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Congrats on your newborn. I know what they're like cuz i was in the room when my 2 sisters.were born.

And I had to help.out with them alot. My Mum had them at home. She doesn't like hospitals.due to an unsatisfying experience with her son. I'm the only adopted child in my family

DBH_Nick
03-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Insanity. Workouts are about an hour. 60 day program. Be in shape because its worse than p90x.

StrykedVorteX X

Beech Body Insanity? I'd def recommend that.

Sent from my everchanging DROIDX

garykentjr
03-21-2012, 11:36 PM
And I had to help.out with them alot. My Mum had them at home. She doesn't like hospitals.due to an unsatisfying experience with her son. I'm the only adopted child in my family

Thanks for the Congrats.

garykentjr
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Ill check p90x out tmrw. Thanks for the input.

saul1991
03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Check out insanity I heard its harder than p90x I have the ab ripper it Burns I don't have a 6 pack yet

maybish
03-22-2012, 02:06 AM
I recommend any of the beachbody workouts! I use the power 90 which is the one that came out before p90x. In 30 days I've noticed definition in my arms legs and butt!!

csk415
03-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Ill check p90x out tmrw. Thanks for the input.

P90X is a great workout. Just be prepared to buy the extra stuff you will need. You will have to get a pull up bar, some sort of weights or bands (can be used to help assist in pull ups also) and a mat. If you just want to lose some extra body fat I would go with Insanity. It is from Beach Body also. With good nutrition and Insanity you will shred some fat. Good luck in what ever you do.

DroidlynnXDoes
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the Congrats.

Anytime. How old is she?

The persuader
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Ooooooh Man,

Please give me Strenght not to response to the results with Body Results for P90x and Beech Body Insanity...This could be my last Rights...

You won't be seeing Defination or Riples or Nice Butts...It will be a Tsunami Of Moves...Kinda like the Song from Beyonce"....

"To The Left To The Left...

Its Bubba

StrykedVorteX X

garykentjr
03-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Anytime. How old is she?

Its a boy. He's due in a few weeks. I'm just trying to prepare lol.

garykentjr
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Ooooooh Man,

Please give me Strenght not to response to the results with Body Results for P90x and Beech Body Insanity...This could be my last Rights...

You won't be seeing Defination or Riples or Nice Butts...It will be a Tsunami Of Moves...Kinda like the Song from Beyonce"....

"To The Left To The Left...

Its Bubba

That doesn't sound good..

The persuader
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Congratulation....

Hope I didn't offend you...that was not my intention However,

The Best Work-out are Isometrics... beats anything mentioned here...Not a bad thing with the suggetions mentioned but Isometrics is far more results orientated
So,
Its a Boy...You're just a Stallion my friend...You and Miss's are a Lucky Couple...Enjoy!!!!

Its Bubba

That doesn't sound good..

maybish
03-22-2012, 09:12 PM
You don't like the bb workouts Bubba? I haven't had arms like this since I was in my 20s! I took that picture last week on my 35th day or something like That.

maybish
03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Please disregard the tattoo pic! That was supposed to go in the tattoo thread ha!

The persuader
03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok maybish...

Nothing worse is having someone like you with Buff Pipes ready to Kick My Butt...Nice Pipes Maybish...

Remind me to take you with me when We Go Bar hoping...Having you with me, I will feel Safe...

"Looking Good" my Dear Maybish...Tattoo's included

Its Bubba

You don't like the bb workouts Bubba? I haven't had arms like this since I was in my 20s! I took that picture last week on my 35th day or something like That.

maybish
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Hahaha well thank you Bubba! Ill be happy to whip some butt for ya!

The persuader
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
But, I bet your the Best attributes are...
"Your Heart and Soul"...Your Pipes are a Gimme...LOL:wink:

I can see it now in a Bar Room or Lounge,

"Hey Pencil Neck, You want a Piece of me"..."You do"...Ok, Meet Maybish Pipes from the Bronx...she's going to Kick your Buttski while I watch...listening to my favorite tune...

Weeeellll Of course, With my farvorite Beverage of choice...LOL...Are we feeling the Love yet...

Its Bubba
Hahaha well thank you Bubba! Ill be happy to whip some butt for ya!

maybish
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Hahahahahaha you're too much!

The persuader
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Everyday with Bubba is a New Chapter...

Hey, You're Awesome...Nice Pipes too...

Thank God this is not a Tape for "Buns Of Steel" Now this is another Face for the "Face of the Nations"...

My Old Girlfriend had a Naaaaaa....Not a good Idea....I can Feel the Ituitition of the Admin's watching me Post...Hi Guys...Just Check Maybish Pipes...Awesome!!!!!

Its Bubba

Hahahahahaha you're too much!

maybish
03-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Hahahaha yeah! You tell em! My pipes are ready!

The persuader
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I Promise Maybish...Nothing is better then a Lady saving a Man's Butt...LOL...Awesome!!!!

Its Bubba

Hahahaha yeah! You tell em! My pipes are ready!

DroidlynnXDoes
03-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Its a boy. He's due in a few weeks. I'm just trying to prepare lol.

My apologies on the gender. I hope his Mum has a safe and painless delivery and that he's healthy. I've seen how it is when babies are born without pain meds as I assisted on both home births of my sisters. My mum had them unassisted so I had to actually had to help deliver them. Her midwife didn't make it to our home in time. I was born at home as well. I would never deliver in hospital considering my fears of medical stuff if I was going thru it. I don't believe in medical intervention during labor, as a result of my culture.

DroidlynnXDoes
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
My apologies on the gender. I hope his Mum has a safe and painless delivery and that he's healthy. I've seen how it is when babies are born without pain meds as I assisted on both home births of my sisters. My mum had them unassisted so I had to actually had to help deliver them. Her midwife didn't make it to our home in time. I was born at home as well. I would never deliver in hospital considering my fears of medical stuff if I was going thru it. I don't believe in medical intervention during labor, as a result of my culture.

My family is Indian (asian), and I'm Romani. We don't speak Indian , but we follow some of their beleifs.
I sometimes dress Indian on special occasions.

Brad92
03-23-2012, 12:11 AM

Dang, you have permits for those guns? Jk

Looking good!

GUMMY

casper55117
03-23-2012, 06:21 AM
op did you get a chance to try any of these yet

maybish
03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Dang, you have permits for those guns? Jk

Looking good!

GUMMY

Hehe thank you!

garykentjr
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM
My family is Indian (asian), and I'm Romani. We don't speak Indian , but we follow some of their beleifs.
I sometimes dress Indian on special occasions.

I've been reading a book called "Pushed". Its about modern medicine involving births. Its very scary reading about how it is handled in the US. We're gonna use as little hospital help as possible.

garykentjr
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
op did you get a chance to try any of these yet

I've gotten p90x and tony Horton's 10 trainer. I've tried the latter and its good so far. Ill use that to get up to speed then try the former.

stryker
03-24-2012, 11:05 PM
+1 p90x that workout is brutal. I couldn't even finish the first part of the workouts for like 2 weeks. It took me a month to be able to do it all. Now I'm back to work landscaping for the season, so no working out for me anymore. I'm to beat after work to do anything but lay on the couch lol. I will start back up next winter.

=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=

jeverts
03-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Your own desire and ingenuity are what works best...

Sent from my sanctuary...

DroidlynnXDoes
04-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I've been reading a book called "Pushed". Its about modern medicine involving births. Its very scary reading about how it is handled in the US. We're gonna use as little hospital help as possible.

I don't agree with how the US handles hospital deliveries. I watch midwife assisted births outside the hospital sometimes on youtube and I have decided that if I have children they will be born at home. I will have to deliver unassisted if I do because my insurance doesn't pay for home births. Also I've seen and assisted with 2 of them, cuz my Mum had my 2 sisters at home. She had a difficult birth with her first child which was in hospital which could've been prevented had she stayed home

casper55117
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't agree with how the US handles hospital deliveries. I watch midwife assisted births outside the hospital sometimes on youtube and I have decided that if I have children they will be born at home. I will have to deliver unassisted if I do because my insurance doesn't pay for home births. Also I've seen and assisted with 2 of them, cuz my Mum had my 2 sisters at home. She had a difficult birth with her first child which was in hospital which could've been prevented had she stayed home

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forumsi wouldnt be alive if my mom didint have me in a hospital. i got stuck

DroidlynnXDoes
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
I understand that. My birth mother (I'm adopted) also had trouble delivering me, but luckily she survived it. I was also stuck too. I was a home birth, and mine was very unusual one. I came out face first (which normally baby can't be born naturally), then I had shoulder dystocia, which sometimes they have to cause the baby's collarbone to fracture in order to get him out, but luckily that didn't happen with me. I had some brain damage because I lost some oxygen to my brain. My Mum had me in her bath because the pain was so severe. If I was going thru a home delivery I probably would deliver in the same place she would, normally babies arnt supposed to be born underwater if that kind of complication ocurrs, but this was back in the 80's and in Europe, which in Europe the health care laws are more lenient than in the US, because in the US, many doctors face lawsuits if something goes wrong while practicing medicine especially OB/GYN. If I was expecting and was able to afford it, I would have my child in Europe just so I could deliver in a more relaxed setting. In many foreign countries the practitioners focus more on the mother's comfort in regards to how and where she gives birth, and I support that, because I feel that a mother should be as comfy as possible when it comes to childbirth. I know many mothers find it safer in hospital, but I'm terrified of them, so I will not deliver in hospital. Because I have some Asian Indian and European beliefs, it is against my belief to deliver in the hospital. Not all people from my culture follow this, but if I have to risk my life to deliver in a more comfy and relaxed enviroment, then I will. My adoptive Mum had my brother in a hospital and came very close to a C section, and the recovery was very painful, because she had such a difficult and painful delivery, she had to be sewn up due to severe tearing which turned, into a minor surgical procedure while giving birth, which is one of the main reasons why I'm afraid of hospitalsI was brought to America when she had just came home from the hospital, and she told me that I was really terrified when I saw her in severe pain from her epidisiotomy. It was scary seeing her like that I could imagine. It took her several months, also because she had a pelvic, injury while, pushing. I don't like how many hospitals refuse to allow a woman to change positions or deliver in a more comfy position instead of laying on her back. I feel as tho they treat it as a disease instead of a natural way of bringing life into the world. My Mum didn't have an epidural either. I don't believe in pain meds during childbirth, especially a long needle going in my back that, I have no idea where its going exactly. I had a similar procedure done, because I had a spinal tap when I was 6 to rule out meningitis, cuz my, fever was so, severe and I screamed the, entire time. My pain meds for any type is,my X. I just stare and cuddle with it and it distracts me from the pain. If Ive gotten thru the worst pains that occur monthly, and I'm sure I can get thru childbirth when the time comes. I've had pains that are just like it, so I kinda know what to, expect. But I take medicine to prevent this pain, so I can do what I need to do.

maybish
04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Not to continue hijacking this post .....

But..... Many hospitals have birthing center's that allow you to deliver in different ways . They are set up as if you're in your bedroom with a huge bed and a tub so you can sit in the tub if you prefer. Some have those medicine balls and even delivery chairs. It's really not as bad as you think.

DroidlynnXDoes
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Not to continue hijacking this post .....

But..... Many hospitals have birthing center's that allow you to deliver in different ways . They are set up as if you're in your bedroom with a huge bed and a tub so you can sit in the tub if you prefer. Some have those medicine balls and even delivery chairs. It's really not as bad as you think.

I know that, I see it on tv all the time. I just don't want intervention if I dont need,it

maybish
04-12-2012, 01:08 AM
And you're allowed that choice

DroidlynnXDoes
04-12-2012, 01:34 AM
And you're allowed that choice

I understand that, May, however I don't like the whole lawsuit thing with doctors, and I don't want a male practitioner delivering me or examining me. Its also against my, culture. When I had my first physical, I made sure a female NP did it, because of, my, cultural beliefs. I had my X with me when it was done to distract me. Also I don't agree with our nations healthcare system. Its not what it used,to be. I just don't feel that hospitals can accomodate me due to my, cultural beliefs and also in my culture being in a hospital gown is considered to be immodest, and I believe in modesty

DroidlynnXDoes
04-14-2012, 06:46 AM
The main reason I'm terrified of hospitals is because my Mum had minor surgery that went terribly wrong which she almost died from complications, which caused her to be in/out the hospital for 8 years. I was only 2 when she almost died, but while I was growing up.i remember seeing her very sick in the hospital which really traumatized me mostly because I didn't understand what was going on.

The X is watching! DROOOOIIIID!