PDA

View Full Version : Next best phone?

wwwroot
03-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I've got the Droid X. Have had it for a couple years and absolutely love it. Mine personally had taken a beating and still works perfectly. I've kicked it across ice and its been thru a serious car wreck and more with barely a scratch. Functionality of it its f'n awesome. Thing is both it and the X2 are becoming outdated. Nether has 4g and I haven't seen anything about an X3 coming out soon.

I want top find a phone that's going to create the 'community' that these phones have and has the following requirements,

-Dual core processor
-4g
-Soft keys all around(I hate keyboards)
-REMOVABLE BATTERY A MUST
-Forward and rear facing camera would be a plus

I'd also like one roughly the same screen size as the X.

Anyone got any ideas? It seems a lot of the phones are going with the battery that can't be really removed and that's a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

noXcuse
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, you got the GNex with a removable battery OR the more rugged, better battery life, better radio, and better hardware Razr Maxx without the removable battery. You can still simulate a battery pull by holding power and volume down for like 20 seconds. Not trying to sell you on it, but IMO it's a much better choice.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

BHuber09
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
There's always the next best just saying. As of right now the GNex is the phone to get. I don't think that phone will ever become outdated haha.

FreeMyMoto!!!

wwwroot
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
You can still simulate a battery pull by holding power and volume down for like 20 seconds. Not trying to sell you on it, but IMO it's a much better choice.

I'm assuming you mentioned this as an answer to something like a bootloop?

noXcuse
03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Bootloop, froze up, whatever. I also have a bootstrap installed on mine, with Nandroid backup. You can boot into recovery, just like on the X, and restore a backup. I've found that it's pretty much just like the X, but just with better screen, battery, camera, dual core, and soft keys. Gingerbread is different too on this phone. Very nice transitions and theme. Status icons are all different, and all the settings icons are color instead of gray. I know I'm getting off track. Lol. Sorry.

wwwroot
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Now what's really the difference between the Maxx and the new Droid 4 besides the 4 has the physical option for a keyboard?

noXcuse
03-22-2012, 06:06 AM
The D4 doesn't have a Super AMOLED screen, and I think the processor is set at 1ghz, versus 1.2ghz on the Razr.

stewie griffin
03-22-2012, 06:47 AM
The D4 doesn't have a Super AMOLED screen, and I think the processor is set at 1ghz, versus 1.2ghz on the Razr.

The d4 has a 4 inch screen, 1785 battery vs 3300 for the maxx. I read the battery on the d4 is not replacable either. Both are clocked@ 1.2 ghz

mhans311
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM
How about the HTC Rezound? Nice 720p screen, removable battery, awesome camera, sd card slot, very customizable. That's the phone I'd get if I were upgrading right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stewie griffin
03-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I just ordered the razr maxx today. After playing with the different phones, and considering the battery life, I decided it would best suit my needs

stryker
03-22-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm going nexus. I will never go motto again. My x was my first smart phone, so didn't know about all the locked bootloaders and tech stuff. If i had another chance and know what i know now. I would of got the htc incredible instead. another reason i will not go motto and get a maxx is i don't want basically the same phone again for another 2 years. Then after that 2 years is up, i will get something different then what i had again. its like buying a Car, i would never get the same Carr tWice in a row, i want something new and different. Just my $ cents. U do what you want its your money. Different strokes fo different folks i guess.

=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=

noXcuse
03-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Personally, I could care less about the bootloader. I wouldn't ever consider an HTC. Just too toy-ish for me. Everyone that I know that's ever had one, has cracked a screen. I've always been partial to Moto. Great hardware on all their stuff. As far as having basically the same phone, it's Android. They're all basically the same. Lol.

stryker
03-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Personally, I could care less about the bootloader. I wouldn't ever consider an HTC. Just too toy-ish for me. Everyone that I know that's ever had one, has cracked a screen. I've always been partial to Moto. Great hardware on all their stuff. As far as having basically the same phone, it's Android. They're all basically the same. Lol.

Not really. Samsung, motto, and htc all have there own versions of Android so far off from the original its like 3 different versions of Android. I just don't like motto pretty much. My 3g on my x is constantly searching for signals. I can't even listen to google music at work because it plays for 30 seconds then drops. I have to load muSic up on my sd card, which defeats the purpose of a cloud music app. I'm just sick of my my phone. I could care less about battery life. I quit playing that game a while ago. I pretty much just keep my phone plugged in. Plus i make themes and need the nexus for the openess, and miui. Miui is all i run anymore. I'm due for an upgrade in a month. So far the nexus has miui, and the rezound got it but i think it got abandoned, and the razr doesn't have it. So its nexus for me. I think the next best phone is whatever one i get next haha for real. but pretty much people will get what they want. if they had an iPhone with a huge screen and 4g i would be all over it, i know that for a fact. My opinion means nothing anyways. I don't even know anyone in real life that even has a rooted phone or a jailbroke i device. Everyone is scared they will brick there phones. I lAugh and think is stock really that good? No its not, everyone i know is scared to make it better.

casper55117
03-23-2012, 06:36 AM

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx if your in to rooting and flashing custom roms i would go with an unlocked bootloader. just so you can flash custom kernels. then its totally modd-able

noXcuse
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Sounds like you had your mind made up before you even posted this thread. Lol.

stryker
03-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Get a white Nokia N9. ;)