PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Icons when hooking to PC

glshub
03-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Everytime I hook to my PC to remove pics or whatever when I unhook some of my app icons are gone from my screens. I get tired of having to put them back where they go.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

DRaulie2003
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
The apps that are disappearing do they happen to be on the sdcard? Because when you mount your sdcard to your computer the icons will disappear but once you're finish and you mount your sdcard back to your phone they should appear again. Now it does take several seconds for this to happen its not instant. How much time do you normally wait until you start re-adding then?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wrapped
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
They don't come back after the sd card is mounted after disconnecting the USB? All my apps that are installed on the SD card have their icons go away when I connect with USB, since it unmounts the SD card.

Dang it... Ninja'd.

HarleyDude
03-20-2012, 03:24 PM
With 8 Gigs of internal storage, there is absolutely no reason to move any apps to sd on the X. And there are minor reasons to have the apps on internal storage, so move them all to the phone

glshub
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
They don't come back after the sd card is mounted after disconnecting the USB? All my apps that are installed on the SD card have their icons go away when I connect with USB, since it unmounts the SD card.

Dang it... Ninja'd.

No, they don't come back.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

glshub
03-20-2012, 06:24 PM
With 8 Gigs of internal storage, there is absolutely no reason to move any apps to sd on the X. And there are minor reasons to have the apps on internal storage, so move them all to the phone

Cant really argue with that. Just hate having a 16gig card and not using it.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums