PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Go Launcher, Now just a black screen

EndIsNear
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
I was reading on here that since it was my default launcher and I deleted it, the phone has nothing to launch with. So where in the world and how do I get it back to stock? I've been reading into rooting my Droid X but made a bad decision by doing this. So any help is appreciated!

End

EndIsNear
03-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Nevermind, I got Go Launcher back. Can I still root with Go Launcher? Or does it need to be completely stock?

stryker
03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Pull your battery, put it back in and hold the home and power button down till you see a !. Now bit volume up and down at the same time to get into stock recovery, now do a factory data reset. This will erase your whole phone, not your sd card though. Now reboot your phone and you will be good. Now you know not to delete your only launcher. If you are not rooted your stock launcher is still there, you just can't get to it. I recommend getting a app called home switcher. This app allowed you to jump from one launcher to another.

=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=

Leach19m
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Nevermind, I got Go Launcher back. Can I still root with Go Launcher? Or does it need to be completely stock?

Go launcher won't effect your ability to root at all.

stryker
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
u can use pretty much any launcher you wanT, with a normal or rooted deVice. So you're all good!!

=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=

EndIsNear
03-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Well i guess it dont matter now anyways. I have version 4.5.621. So i guess im SOL on rooting.

csk415
03-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Well i guess it dont matter now anyways. I have version 4.5.621. So i guess im SOL on rooting.

This sucks. Check this thread out. Post 10.
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/44711-exploit-found-621-perhaps.html

StrykedVorteX X

Goose306
03-19-2012, 10:08 AM

This sucks. Check this thread out. Post 10.
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/44711-exploit-found-621-perhaps.html

StrykedVorteX X

Yeah it works. Been confirmed by 5+ people at Rootzwiki. Just make sure you follow the steps to the letter (like don't try doing the .604 Milestone X SBF on RSD Lite, as you'll end up with no data since the radio isn't recognized by VZW, you'd have to RSD to .621 then and then call Verizon to reprovision your data), however if you follow all steps to a T you should have no problems and you can now root .621.

EndIsNear
03-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Sweet! I'm definitely gonna look more into that. Only problem I have is there is never a numerical sequence people post on how and what to do to perform the mod. I'd hate to do something out of order and screw up my phone. So, can anybody explain the steps to me? I have Droid 2 Bootstrap installed on my phone but have yet to run it. I'm downloading the DX.621_root.zip at the moment, that was posted in that thread. I also have ROM Manager and Titanium Backup installed but not ran on my DX. So how to I go about the installation without screwing my Droid up? Or could somebody at least point me in the right direction? Thanks again!