PDA

View Full Version : Root Noob!

jdubrolltide
03-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone I'm new to rooting and recently rooted my Droid x. I'm running the encounterics rom and I love it so far. If anyone wants to give tips I'm all ears!

Sent from my DROID X using Droid X Forums

savagerun
03-18-2012, 10:08 AM
It's been quite a while since i ran encounters rom but i remember this button mod was nice. Check it out if you haven't installed it yet http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12573-mods-ics-button-barlauncher-mod-for-encounterics-beta23/

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jdubrolltide
03-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I will look into it. I was wondering are their any things I should or shouldn't do while rooted.

DirtyDroid
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Don't bring your phone into Verizon to have them look at it :)

But as long as you read , and ask any questions if you have some

Sent from my DROID X

jdubrolltide
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM
haha I won't.(I don't even have Verizon) but besides custom roms what else can rooters do?

Goose306
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Make your phone a computer :P

ROMs are the biggest, by far. If you like ROMing there is tons out there, you can even use Boot Manager to dual-boot, tri-boot, quad-boot etc etc your Droid X.

You have access to root apps, which can do tons of things. It'll open up Wireless Tethering, Titanium Backup, bootstraps, ad blockers, etc. etc. etc.

Heck, you can even completely actually turn your phone INTO a computer by ROMing it with Linux!

DroidModderX
03-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't bring your phone into Verizon to have them look at it

Actually did this last month lol. Changing my data plan and the rep asked to see it... Not thinking, i whipped if out and handed if right to him to play with it. First thing SHE said was "wow, is this thing rooted?" Long story short I got her number and rooted her razr maxx :) even made a video and never got around to posting it. Haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

chuck54
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Actually did this last month lol. Changing my data plan and the rep asked to see it... Not thinking, i whipped if out and handed if right to him to play with it. First thing SHE said was "wow, is this thing rooted?" Long story short I got her number and rooted her razr maxx :) even made a video and never got around to posting it. Haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Hhahaha I went into the Verizon the other day cuz my mom was debating the Droid incredible 2 for 10 bucks (3g) or razr Maxx and I asked the lady about the Droid jet and bullet and looked concerned that I knew them..... hopefully she didn't look at my 20 gigs last month ............

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums