PDA

View Full Version : Menus Won't Show in Clockwork Recovery

Madmick
03-15-2012, 07:11 PM
My friend has a Droid X and after seeing how well mine worked once I rooted and flashed a custom ROM he asked me to do the same to his. I rooted it using the same method, installed TiBu and backed up his apps + system data, and then installed Droid 2 Bootstrap. I did the simple "Bootstrap Recovery" then his "Reboot Recovery". Recovery boots up fine, but when I try to select "Backup and Restore" from the menu, nothing shows up. It goes to a black screen. It's the same with every other option there. I can't create a Nandroid if I can't select the menu options. He's on Android 2.3.3, System 605, Kernel 2.6.32.9...all identical to mine. So I have no idea what is causing this problem. I tried pulling the battery, rebooting, and booting back into recovery again, but it didn't work.

Any idea what might be causing this? I'm just trying to create a Nandroid before I SBF his phone and flash a ROM for him.

DirtyDroid
03-15-2012, 07:42 PM
are you selecting wit the power button or the camera button?...should be the camera button....apologies if Im off, don't mean to insult if you are pressing the camera button

The persuader
03-15-2012, 08:10 PM
IMO...

You Shouldn't be doing a Apps/System Back up...Now, You should only be doing App/Data Backup after you install New Apps and others pending in Ti...

After your Rooted, Droid2, Bootstrapp Recovery, Success, then Reboot into Recovery...once their...Backup/Restore...Obviously chose Backup after its done Reboot...

My thoughts is your System Data Backup you did caused some issues...been their before...
If it was my choice... time to clean the clock...

SBF and start over

Its Bubba

My friend has a Droid X and after seeing how well mine worked once I rooted and flashed a custom ROM he asked me to do the same to his. I rooted it using the same method, installed TiBu and backed up his apps + system data, and then installed Droid 2 Bootstrap. I did the simple "Bootstrap Recovery" then his "Reboot Recovery". Recovery boots up fine, but when I try to select "Backup and Restore" from the menu, nothing shows up. It goes to a black screen. It's the same with every other option there. I can't create a Nandroid if I can't select the menu options. He's on Android 2.3.3, System 605, Kernel 2.6.32.9...all identical to mine. So I have no idea what is causing this problem. I tried pulling the battery, rebooting, and booting back into recovery again, but it didn't work.

Any idea what might be causing this? I'm just trying to create a Nandroid before I SBF his phone and flash a ROM for him.

Goose306
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
^ What I was thinking at first. Power button will make the menus dissapear.

Madmick
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
OMG, the camera button. Complete gnubbery on my part. Thanks, guys.

Goose306
03-16-2012, 09:28 AM
OMG, the camera button. Complete gnubbery on my part. Thanks, guys.

NP, glad it was that easy :) Wish all DX problems were...

jeems
03-16-2012, 09:32 AM
NP, glad it was that easy :) Wish all DX problems were...

no diz-oubt!