PDA

View Full Version : i need a fool proof guide to flashing the MIUI rom to my droid x

jsmooth234
03-14-2012, 08:23 PM
this is my first time ever trying to put a rom on my phone and i have been trying for quite some time now and i just cant seem to get anything accomplished...anyone willing to help out?

saul1991
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
ok im assuming your rooted and have d2 bootstrap already. if you are just download the lates verison of miui and put it into your sd card get into recovery the just wait until it loads up use the volume up and down buttons to go up and down then go down to were you see wipe data/factory reset scroll down and hit the pictyre botton on the side of the dx then scroll down and hit yes delet all user data. then scroll down to wipe cache partition and hit the camera botton to select it the just go to install zip from sd card select it and select choose zip from sd card then scroll down to the miui rom and yes install miui.and just wait until its complete then hit the power button until it takes you to the main menu and hit reboot. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/miui/44219-rom-miui-us-defx-2012-2-29-hdmi-video-out-hijackedbootmenu-wifi-tether.html

jsmooth234
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
should i download the droid 2 or droid x bootstrapper

popcenator
03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Droid 2, its just an updated version of DX.

on the move..

saul1991
03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
should i download the droid 2 or droid x bootstrapperget the droid 2 one heres a link on how to use it, its pretty simple http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13485-how-use-droid-x-bootstrap.html

Goose306
03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Also, rather pertinent, what is your system version? I assume your on stock blur. Should be under "About Phone"

Also, when using Clockwork, I recommend also going in to "Mounts and Storage" and hitting "Format System". The .zip that installs DefX *should* format your system, but I still recommend it. The latest DefX version has a different signing process so if there is any stray bits left over from your previous ROM (including stock) it'll cause issues with the HDMI fixes.