PDA

View Full Version : [ROM][UNOFFICIAL]YACK-v1.0.0[YetAnotherCMKang]

popcenator
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Bringing this over from RootzWiki, this ROM is CM-GB based. Details below. See the credits section below for recognition.

For support, see the OP at Rootz.

This is an early build so expect bugs, be sure and read what bugs people are reporting at Rootz.
Original thread: [ROM]YACK-v1.0.0[YetAnotherCMKang] - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/20589-romunofficialyack-v100yetanothercmkang/)

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/wp-content/themes/cyanogenmod/images/logo.png
*This is a unofficial custom CM7 ROM and is not supported by Cyanogen or Team Douche!

{DISCLAIMER: ROOTED USERS ONLY! ... by rooting your phone, you have already voided your warranty. I am in no way responsible for anything that happens to your phone after flashing this rom. Make sure you've read around the forums and totally understand what you are doing. If you just pay attention, ask questions and search, you shouldn't have a problem. Enjoy yourself and have fun!}
YetAnotherCyanogenmodKang==YACK==

INFO

This is built from CM7-GB source, sync'd with cyanogenmod repo then compiled locally on my machine. All custom changes are made at source (pre-compile).

It would be considered a KANG since it isn't a official CM release.

===This 'KANG' is aimed at providing a custom, stable, user experience while still tweaking the system as much as it physically handle. Expect speed, extended battery, and much more.....

SPECS

YACK

Default-GOV: BOOSTEDassV2
Additional Gov's: Conservative, Interactive, InteractiveX
THEME: ICE9 by jasonevil (xda) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1327602)

[U]Features:
Android 2.3.7 CM7.1 Gingerbread Base
1% Battery Increments
Charging Light off
Charge While Off
MIUI Battery Bar and Color Choice (Spitemare)
Center Clock and Clock Color Choice (JerryScript)
Beats Audio
Sysctl.conf tweaks
LagFix init.d Script
kang terminal script(see below)
MIUI Music App as default music app
Build.prop edits
Zipalign apks on boot
04JACMK init.d script
Cron[wipes vm cache twice daily]
On Demand Gov Tweaks
Disable User Stats
File System and SD ReadAhead
SQL Database Vaccuum cleanup

Overclock module loaded on boot
Will feature custom OC/UV Script(still to finish)

Busybox v1.19.4
Cherries Picked:
(BOLD items are new for YACK)
ti_wlan: tiap_loader: Define a constant for the AP driver status
ti_wlan: tiap loader: fix usage, tiap cu too
Phone: Improve toast settings.
Phone: Hide SSN toats by deafult
Contacts: Add individual contact call history and show groups yes/no setting on call log
Settings: Add ability to swap volume keys in selected orientation
Contacts: Fix soft keyboard appearing on dialer under certain conditions
Settings: OverScroll Color
Lockscreen: Toggle Flashlight on Lockscreen by longpressing HOME
Settings: Add option to disable volume key beep sounds
ADWLauncher: Add sortable apps list for catalog setup (ADW)
Settings: Add option to enable/disable the ICS rotation animation
frameworks/base: Show PIN entry screen even if lockscreen is disabled
bionic: Redesign dlopen() locks to be recursive per thread
bionic: Fix logb() denormals issue
Camera: Allow focus sound muting
Contacts: Added format number option to dialer
ADWLauncher: Added option to lock Action Buttons in the main dock
frameworks/base: Create Kineto-compatible AUdioTrack::set and AudioRecord::set methods
MediaProvider: Backport "disappearing SD media" fixes from CM9
frameworks/base: Added airiplane mode management on SIM unlock
dalvik: Don't malloc betweeen fork and exec
dalvik: cleanup redundant interfaces from iftable to avoid excessive LinearAlloc use
frameworks/base: Modified the notification message context to avoid the black on black tile using skins with dark notification window
kang Terminal Script Use
/**
* ====================================
* All commands start with kang
* so kang -'command'
*-----------------------------------
* -rw mounts system read/write
* -ro mounts system read only
* -MiMusic installs MIUI Music app if using CM7's
* -CM7music installs CM7 instead of MIUI's
* -cwrhack toggles CWR on Boot Hack on/off
* -hotboot hot boots the device
* ====================================
*/

SCREENSHOTS

http://rootzwiki.com/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2582-0-24055800-1331682628_thumb.png (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=20341)http://rootzwiki.com/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2582-0-84813400-1331682641_thumb.png (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=20342)
http://rootzwiki.com/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2582-0-33146800-1331682562_thumb.png (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=20339)http://rootzwiki.com/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2582-0-96567200-1331682576_thumb.png (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=20340)

INSTRUCTIONS

NOTE: Make sure you have the latest CWR installed.
Download the ROM and GAPPS to your sdcard
Reboot into Recovery
Wipe of System, Data, Cahce,
Flash YACK
Flash GAPPS
Reboot Phone

THANKS & CREDITS

Thanks to:
Cyanogen & Team Douche
Xiaomi
DXC
Google
RevNumbers
Int_Rnd_Pooka
Wizardof0s
SaurusX
DB306(Tester)
Shane269(Tester)
Collinscar(Tester)
All Devs that contribute to the Community
Credits:
jasonevil-ICE9 Theme
BMc08GT-Dev

/**
* Development plan::
* vX.Y.Z
* The alpha stages (0.0.Z) will be focused on stability and making sure this is as rock solid of a base as possible
* The beta stage (0.Y.0) will be focused in custom tweaks, and modifications to increase the speed, fluidity, and other various aspects of this ROM, not done so by the CM Source.
* The stable or RC stage (X.0.0) will be focused on fixing any left over issues carried over from the beta stage
*/

*DOWNLOADS*
FYI:: This ROM features support by Goo-Inside.me for OTA updates via the goo app(available on market). This allows you guys to get your hands on the builds as soon as they are uploaded.
[U]v1.0.0
ROM: >>Clicky (http://tinyw.in/dAh4)<<
MD5:911cae5a55538f5a83788c09f8bbc3c8
Google Apps: >>Goo-Inside.me (http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip)<<
Feedback is always welcome. But please keep it civil.

Goose306
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Been running this since it was released yesterday afternoon. The ROM is bar-none the speediest ROM I have ever used. Its insanely fast. Battery consumption is a bit high but that's about par for course on CM7. A few bugs here and there but nothing that would stop me from using this as a DD.

EDIT: Oh and you may want to add BMc0GT to credits section since he's the one who built it. ;)

popcenator
03-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Been running this since it was released yesterday afternoon. The ROM is bar-none the speediest ROM I have ever used. Its insanely fast. Battery consumption is a bit high but that's about par for course on CM7. A few bugs here and there but nothing that would stop me from using this as a DD.

EDIT: Oh and you may want to add BMc0GT to credits section since he's the one who built it. ;)

I copied it over from Rootz, so that means he didn't give himself credit, but I'll fix that...try to be modest in my post they will not!

HarleyDude
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Nice find

Goose306
03-14-2012, 09:13 PM
So I've been running this all day, and I feel I put it through its paces pretty hard today as I was stuck on campus. In case anyone was wondering, here's my general review/feeling (if anyone is fencing about trying it out)

Good things:

The ROM speed is still bar-none the fastest sucker I've ever had on my phone. I swear, I feel like sometimes its telepathic, like things are changing before I even click on them.

I actually find battery life to be improved over CM7 (Pooka's builds) I haven't done any tweaks such as undervolting/clocking, screen brightness, 3G off, etc... just running it stock, fresh flashed settings (just restored apps). I'm currently at about 3 hours and 45 minutes of screen on time and still have 27% of battery left, and its been unplugged for 12 hours. (Mind you this is a BH6X battery, but still... almost 4 hours of screen time is tremendous)

CWM Hack is awesome. Some people complain about having to tap Reboot Recovery every time you reboot, but with the lack of a bootmenu, that is the best safety feature you have. People forget that this is a feature of CWM on stock blur, and there is a reason. SAFETY STRAP PEOPLE!

That being said:

ADW crashes prettty regularly. Like, about every other time I unlock my phone. It usually boots itself right away, just a FC message and nothing else, but an annoyance. I'm going to try messing with it tomorrow.

Had to reboot about twice today. After about an hour steady of screen on time flicking between browser windows, tapatalk, text, etc. I would start to get some some real bad lag/choppiness. Reboot fixed it right up.

Some scripts aren't fully implemented. Cron cache wipe doesn't work (for the better IMO, will probably disable that if he fixes it in the future) ROM doesn't like OC/UV (going to try to work around that tomorrow).
Isn't up to the latest CM7 builds. By that I mean it doesn't have HDMI fixed. Not a deal-breaker by any means, and BMc said he was going to sync it in in future builds, so no biggie at all. I've lived without it for the last year and a half, I think I can put it off a bit longer (and if I need it I can always Boot Manager to Pooka's CM7)

Overall, very solid. Definitely daily driver material. A few quirks here and there; nothing major, and what will probably be easily fixed in a future update. For a first release though, this is epic.

savagerun
03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I ran it last night for a couple hrs and pretty much found the same issues with launcher crashing and it didn't play well with OC. Tried adw ex on it and that was also crashing. It was fast but i think steel droid was a bit faster imo. All and all not a bad start. Looking forward to updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for sharing Goose, good review.

on the move..

Poker3
03-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Wow...this is awesome!
Thank you for the post!
I slapped this in as a slot rom and WOW its smooth and fast! ...I can only imagine how fast it is as a phone rom!

Will keep this as a slot for now and watch for future builds!

Still lovin my DX!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wwwroot
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Does anyone have a different link to download from? Goo inside doesn't like my phone or something. It constantly fails to download. I've tried with both dolphin hd and stock browsers and both fail.

jeems
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I think goo has been having some issues so it might not be your phone. Don't have another link, though, sorry.

wwwroot
03-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I think goo has been having some issues so it might not be your phone. Don't have another link, though, sorry.

I got hooked up to the WiFi at work which was fast enough to Get the files download before they timed out.

Another question, which would be better, YACK or pooka?

wwwroot
03-22-2012, 03:24 AM
I just spent two to three hours getting my apps backed up and then YACMK installed and only to find out there is no theme chooser?!??

Goose306
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I just spent two to three hours getting my apps backed up and then YACMK installed and only to find out there is no theme chooser?!??

Haha yeah he had removed it in the first build. Next build will have it. There is a workaround posted @Rootz, can take it out of CM7 (Pooka's) and set as system app or can pull from a nandroid if you have any of CM7 (Pooka's)

B3N
03-23-2012, 10:28 AM
so far so good

it's working fine. i'm runing it as my daily driv.
i jumped into this expecting problems/bugs.
can't find any.
very fast. good on battery. a lil to plain as far as themeing.

good stuff

milski65
04-01-2012, 06:49 AM
New build up. Not sure if they've opened a 1.2.0 thread

chuck54
04-01-2012, 07:34 AM
So this is a cm based from built for battery life? I can't see it getting more than 24 hours with cm as a base lol

DirtyDroid
04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
New build up. Not sure if they've opened a 1.2.0 thread

Just got done downloading....going to flash in a bit hopefully

Sent from my DROIDX

savagerun
04-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Just got done downloading....going to flash in a bit hopefully

Sent from my DROIDX

Ran it most of the day, it's excellent. Very fast and smooth and no issues while i was on it. I sbf'd to froyo to try the 15p baseband that goose had but that didn't work out so im just gonna play around on froyo for a bit lol... But Yack was great.

DirtyDroid
04-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Ran it most of the day, it's excellent. Very fast and smooth and no issues while i was on it. I sbf'd to froyo to try the 15p baseband that goose had but that didn't work out so im just gonna play around on froyo for a bit lol... But Yack was great.

awesome, good to hear savage..yeah i saw the thread of that...excellent effort by Goose for sure!....what is this Froyo you speak of? lol

milski65
04-02-2012, 04:47 AM
This is definitely one of the fastest roms I've flashed, hands down. Super smooth. Couple kinks to work out, but for sure a keeper.

AndroidTrainee
04-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey I flashed the last one 1.2.1 from rootwiki ... Question : What its hijack menu and how I get into it???

Sent from my DROIDX

Wizard0f0s
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey I flashed the last one 1.2.1 from rootwiki ... Question : What its hijack menu and how I get into it???

Sent from my DROIDX

HijackedBootmenu lets you do your overclocking/undervolting/governor selection, boot to recovery, and several other things, but those are the highlights. To get into it, reboot and hit volume down at the blue led (it's before the boot animation).

EDIT - There is some documentation here - http://goo.im/devs/wizard0f0s/Hijacked_Bootmenu/HijackedBootmenu_How-to-use_Documentation.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AndroidTrainee
04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
:0 Nice! Thanks Man

Sent from my DROIDX

mtolbert
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Any way to turn off the key lights when charging?

mtolbert
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Any ideas why permission is denied when using commands in terminal?