PDA

View Full Version : need to update the wifes phone

RnD_Solo
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
so not really to knowledgeable on the x2, but the wife battery life is garbage. id like to tweek it for her a little bit. its already rooted and has most of the apps i normally use on the dx. anything you guys can recommend me upgrading to? i see CM7.2 is out.. should i go that route? basically, i want to keep all her apps (backed up with rom toolbox) and ensure everything still works. camera, voice input, etc. just wanna clean it up for her a little but not lose any fucntionality. what you guys suggest?

BHuber09
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Idk about the x2 however I can promise that going to cm7.2 for battery life would not be a good decision.

FreeMyMoto!!!

olyfunk
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I just got an X2 after having an OGX for over a year. On the OGX I got about half a day with normal to heavy use using cm7. Now with the X2 I'm getting over a day, with the same use. Plus the Rom is super snappy and I've yet to exp. a single force close after running for over a week. In my exp. it's a huge step up from the stock Rom rooted.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Droid X Forums

RnD_Solo
03-15-2012, 01:09 AM
seems like that is the only option right now for the x2. unless i let it update OTA.

Nemo aeternamn
03-15-2012, 01:44 AM
seems like that is the only option right now for the x2. unless i let it update OTA.

it's not the only option.. liberty 3 v2... i got a friend setup with that... and he loves it...
but there is also eclipse and molten... and maybe a coulple others i can't think of right now....

RnD_Solo
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
whtas the best.. i want 0 bloat ware a camera a decent battery life. i dont really wanna have to go through her phone all the time tweaking things to make it work.