PDA

View Full Version : Cracked screen - replace with insurance or new phone?

valglbgl
03-10-2012, 08:03 AM
I love my X. I dropped it yesterday and cracked the screen. I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and upgrade or replace with my equipment coverage. Any suggestion? Love this phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
03-10-2012, 08:14 AM
You'll pay $100, and likely get a refurb dx2 on insurance. Talk to a vzw Rep and see what you can squeeze out of them before deciding. They want you to upgrade to 4g right now.

(this is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

franr
03-25-2012, 11:13 AM
what have you decided? I am in same situation.

BHuber09
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
How are yall cracking the screen hahaha its gorilla glass!!!.

But if you have a cracked screen I suggest either getting a new phone.. it going through insurance. Just depends on how much you want a new phone. But insurance will be much cheaper

Well that's what fez said. I personally suggest asking for am early upgrade and see if you can get one cheaper.

FreeMyMoto!!!

B3N
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM
i just went through that dilema
( my son lost his dx )
i went out and purchased the htc rezound.
if u can .
u should try to get a new phone instead of going through insurance.
insurance will run u $90.
early upgrade will run u $20. ( if u r eligable ) plus the price of the phone $100. to $200. depending
i'm waiting for a quad core galaxy s 3 but i just might grab the nexus
if u go through the insurance u just might get a dx2
good luck

valglbgl
03-26-2012, 05:47 AM
I upgraded to the razr maxx. I had an upgrade available on my account. I am going to try to replace the glass in the X later. I couldn't be with a phone because of my business. Love the Maxx.

fezrock
03-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Great!

Be sure to visit our sister site dedicated to the Razr (http://www.razrforums.com/index.php)s :smile: